• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber dont put you near your gps coordinates even on road

selectdrv

I just discovered that uber don't put you close to your actual gps location anymore. They probably do this for safety reasons. Its off by a bit. See it yourself.

TheAutomator

Mine shows my exact location. The only thing I've noticed is that there is a 10 second lag when you're moving.

selectdrv

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ive been checking it out. It was away from me for a long time. And it move close.

Safety reasons incase theres a private taxi protest against uber drivers.
Or anything against uber drivers to prevent other sneeking up on them.
Marking their cars, etc.

TheAutomator

I've heard that Uber doesn't show the real location of other drivers. What they supposedly do is count the number of cars inside 1 square mile, and then randomly place the same number of cars within the same square mile on the screen (but the position is random). That way it is still an accurate depiction of the number and general proximity of drivers on the road, but does not tell you exactly where the cars are.

Yup... it doesn't work right ... Told me to go down the tunnel to pickup my Select fare and now I'm stuck ..... Will Uber insurance cover me ???

I actually just saw someone do this the other day. Onto the street car tracks on St Clair and into a tunnel under an intersection. They never came out the other side, lol :p

Uberforall

I've heard that Uber doesn't show the real location of other drivers. What they supposedly do is count the number of cars inside 1 square mile, and then randomly place the same number of cars within the same square mile on the screen (but the position is random). That way it is still an accurate depiction of the number and general proximity of drivers on the road, but does not tell you exactly where the cars are.

I actually just saw someone do this the other day. Onto the street car tracks on St Clair and into a tunnel under an intersection. They never came out the other side, lol :p
As far as where all the cars are if you pull up the passenger app it just kinda shows them driving around or parked but if you pretend to order one they change location which I think is more accurate , I think .

Double J

As far as where all the cars are if you pull up the passenger app it just kinda shows them driving around or parked but if you pretend to order one they change location which I think is more accurate , I think .
After Harry mentioned this to me I tried...didn't seem to do anything.

It actually would be nice if someone at Uber could answer questions but I guess they know if they made someone available they would be verbally assaulted. lol