1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Doesn't tell you...

Discussion in 'Deliver' started by Bangor60, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Bangor60

Bangor60 New Member

Being new with Uber, it seems like the only clue you get as to the location of a delivery is a brief glimpse of the area map and an estimated time. Is there a way to pinpoint it better? I accepted a delivery in downtown cleveland yesterday that I probably would not have taken had I known exactly where it was at. Also, I would like to keep within a certain area outside Cleveland. The quick look at the map you get isn't very informative. By limiting the time to ten minutes or less, it seemed to help keep me in that area better. Any advice? thanks in advance!

Rakos likes this.
  2. Rakos

Rakos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Get used to it...

They do their best...

To obfuscate you...

At every opportunity....

What did you want...EASY...?

Rakos
    da7305b4663fe10ebcd1501de6d1f303--police-quotes-police-humor.jpg

uberbomber, 2Cents, Chris1973 and 3 others like this.
  3. surlywynch

surlywynch Well-Known Member

If you don't like it, cancel the delivery. Reason: "too far away" (or something like that). Then turn that delivery junk off, difficult to average even min wage, and tips are basically non-existant.

uberbomber and Rakos like this.
  4. Uberdriver2710

Uberdriver2710 Well-Known Member

Poober

5. uberboy1212

uberboy1212 Well-Known Member

If you have the Uber app run in the background then the exact address of the pickup location will pop up

Lenny_yellow_cab and AntAF like this.

6. Chris1973

Chris1973 Well-Known Member

I've tried to explain this like 10 times around here but it's just too complicated for some brains to process so I don't even bother bringing it up anymore.

Rakos likes this.
  7. Bangor60

Bangor60 New Member

Yes I can see that...thanks...I'm just using it to get used to the app...I hit wrong buttons and git screwed up the first few times I did it...better than with pax I figure

Rakos likes this.
  8. Chris1973

Chris1973 Well-Known Member

Don't let them discourage you. Find out the hard way like the rest of us. Then come here and commiserate. And beer.

Wal-Mart is making us look bad and raising their minimum wage to $11 nationwide I just read. Plus 1k bonuses for all employees over 1 year.

Rakos likes this.
  9. Bangor60

Bangor60 New Member

ok I got it...just not techie here...how do you do it?

Do it pops up on the waze app?

10. uberboy1212

uberboy1212 Well-Known Member

No it just pops up on your phone like a regular notification

11. Bangor60

Bangor60 New Member

OK. Thanks!

Rakos likes this.
  12. Delman

Delman Member

Most of the time the time estimates are accurate but every once in a while the app does try to fool you into taking a long distance job with sneaky tricks. I've had an upside down map once with "7 mins" showing but once I accepted it flipped over and the time to restaurant showing 14 minutes.
    I hate it when I'm sitting in a spot with busy restaurants 3 to 7 minutes away and the app just keeps giving me 11 to 14 minute away... When they start doing that I just turn off and go home.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  13. Bangor60

Bangor60 New Member