1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber disable pool ride option?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Je0426, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Je0426

Je0426 New Member

Any way to disable pool ride requests? It doesn’t pay for me to take them and my continual ‘No thanks’ seems to be killing my acceptance rate.

2. NUBER-LE

NUBER-LE Well-Known Member

Don't worry about acceptance, uber cannot deactivate for low acceptance. Only cancellations. Keep ignoring Poo requests. And no, you cannot opt out.

Bpr2 and SurginGeneral like this.
  3. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Accept all poo rides in your region. Loudly berate, harass, and embarrass the poo pax the whole time for being a poo rider. Eventually they stop being poo requesters. :oops::mad:

SurginGeneral likes this.
  4. SurginGeneral

SurginGeneral Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I love letting Pool and Lyft Line requests time out as I go about my day.

Those cheap-Os can wait for their door to door bus.

5. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There’s a YouTube video on this

Uber's Guber likes this.

6. Unleaded

Unleaded Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There is something missing from the mindset of some of those who use Pool. They get in your car thinking that it will be only them on the way to their destination, and they frown when another rider is added. I even get some who have appointments, are late for appointments or need to catch a train at a certain time, also thinking that their less than X pool ride will be a solo trip to their destination. Well, S-u-r-p-r-i-s-e!!! I do my best to explain to them, but, then, didn’t they already know????? YES!!!!

7. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    There are drivers that tell pax they turned off next request, so that got around so a lot of pax are expecting it from all drivers and when they don’t turn off next request; the pax get all hissy.

I’ve done it a couple of times but didn’t tell pax. Pool ride at 6.8 surge sorta deserves their own ride. The other was a super hot chick in a skimpy bikini. Didn’t want to risk some creep getting in next to her.

8. Brunch

Brunch Well-Known Member

Contact Uber and tell them you would like to opt out of doing Pool rides. Tell them you don't want to do more work and get paid less.

9. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Been there done that. Lol. Each time they laugh and say not possible in my market.

10. Brunch

Brunch Well-Known Member

Me too, but everyone needs to do it! ;)

11. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    5 times for me.