Uber Directed Share Program for IPO participation

Yomann

So, got the email how this program is going to work.
Gives you a link to a Morgan Stanley webinar:
From watching this video, one gets the impression that we can buy up to $10K worth of Uber stock at the IPO price on opening day ?
No where does it state our participation is limited to the amount of our Appreciation Award ?
I will call the Morgan Stanley 800# to confirm.
My plan is to buy at open and flip it midday, and take the profit and run ?
What is your understanding, and plan ?

Yomann

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it will be locked up for the beginning
That's a very good question to ask Morgan Stanley.
Usually; the lock up period applies to employees, but we are partners ?
Post automatically merged:

The other key question to ask is:
Are we getting it at the offering price or the opening price?

Last edited:

Farman vegas

So, got the email how this program is going to work.
Gives you a link to a Morgan Stanley webinar:
From watching this video, one gets the impression that we can buy up to $10K worth of Uber stock at the IPO price on opening day ?
No where does it state our participation is limited to the amount of our Appreciation Award ?
I will call the Morgan Stanley 800# to confirm.
My plan is to buy at open and flip it midday, and take the profit and run ?
What is your understanding, and plan ?
Your appreciation award has nothing to do with the amount of stock you buy. The ceiling of $10k worth of stock is up to you as an investor in the direct share program to purchase stock in the Uber IPO that is if Morgan Stanley allows us to buy that much stock.

The Uber stock may not open up for trading until 11a.m. as it is a very large IPO.

The S-1 filing with the SEC by Uber clearly states no lock up period exist for Uber drivers. It is almost 500 pages unfortunately so it is a lot of reading but it is included in the filing.

There is 28% tax rate to sell the stock right away.

It was odd how few Uber drivers had watch the video presentation by Morgan Stanley in the first 3 hours it was online.

Sober/Uber

Did anyone got message/application from Morgan Stanly. So far I can't find link to "sign in to consent" without consenting to share info Morgan Stanly will not sell shares. I talk to MS today and they send me back to UBER support. UBER support said: yes we know UBER will become public company this year, but we do not know when. "

Yomann

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just got clarification from a knowledgeable 3rd party if you are part of the stock program, you can buy $10K of stock even if your Appreciation Award was less than that amount.

Farman vegas

Just got clarification from a knowledgeable 3rd party if you are part of the stock program, you can buy $10K of stock even if your Appreciation Award was less than that amount.
Hopefully, you have read page 277 paragraph #4 in Uber’s S-1 filing with the SEC.

MrA

Your appreciation award has nothing to do with the amount of stock you buy. The ceiling of $10k worth of stock is up to you as an investor in the direct share program to purchase stock in the Uber IPO that is if Morgan Stanley allows us to buy that much stock.

The Uber stock may not open up for trading until 11a.m. as it is a very large IPO.

The S-1 filing with the SEC by Uber clearly states no lock up period exist for Uber drivers. It is almost 500 pages unfortunately so it is a lot of reading but it is included in the filing.

There is 28% tax rate to sell the stock right away.

It was odd how few Uber drivers had watch the video presentation by Morgan Stanley in the first 3 hours it was online.
frst i heard of it.

scatman

Never received a personal link to start the process?? Called Uber support and got the run around.

dragnet

That's an excellent question! I'm not planning to buy but that's a really smart question to ask.

This is a great question specifically because there is generally a fairly significant spread between the offering and opening price of the IPO. If you can buy in at the offering price you could then immediately sell at opening and pocket the spread. Generally this is only offered to the large banks funding the IPO (leveraging very high net worth individuals who bank with them). The whole IPO funding gig is just free money for people who already have a lot of money.

Last edited:

scottymaccolumbus

I requested the Link from Morgan Stanley on Saturday which was before the application deadline. The uber page says my info was sent to MS and to expect to hear back. I called MS twice today May6 and they dont have my name on file. I went to the uber office and they said they would get back to me. I got a text saying that all IPO info is done through private emails. I know that I behind but the deadline is not until tomorrow. Anybody in my situation?

dragnet

I requested the Link from Morgan Stanley on Saturday which was before the application deadline. The uber page says my info was sent to MS and to expect to hear back. I called MS twice today May6 and they dont have my name on file. I went to the uber office and they said they would get back to me. I got a text saying that all IPO info is done through private emails. I know that I behind but the deadline is not until tomorrow. Anybody in my situation?
Sounds about right. Expect to be notified about your eligibility as soon as the deadline to file for eligibility has passed.

Tennessee3501

I am in your situation!

km_uber

I am in your situation!
Im in the same situation. Did you find out anyway out of this. I missed the april 25th deadline, They gave only around 13 days from the original email on April 12th - April 25th to reply to the original email. Most of drivers would have missed the original email like me who saw it late.
There is only one more day left to register with Morgan Stanley. Is there any way uber will add us late to the list.
There is no contact number for the Uber department for the Directed share program.

Let me know if there is a way to get in /.

thanks
km.

Gibman73

Stop calling support, these people can’t support their own testicles while they lay face down on the ground!

The Christian driver

Did anyone got message/application from Morgan Stanly. So far I can't find link to "sign in to consent" without consenting to share info Morgan Stanly will not sell shares. I talk to MS today and they send me back to UBER support. UBER support said: yes we know UBER will become public company this year, but we do not know when. "
Check your spam/ trash inbox

I
That's a very good question to ask Morgan Stanley.
Usually; the lock up period applies to employees, but we are partners ?

IPO price
. IPO stands for initial public offering not initial public opening. $44-50 per share is the IPO price..

dragnet

IPO price
. IPO stands for initial public offering not initial public opening. $44-50 per share is the IPO price..
Everyone should take careful note of this deal. Basically, Morgan Stanley is paying Uber maybe 80% of that price and then selling the shares to you. THEY pocket the spread.

This is NOT a deal that insiders get. You can get EXACTLY the same deal by just buying the shares on the open market at the opening bell through your existing brokerage, if you have one.

The Christian driver

Everyone should take careful note of this deal. Basically, Morgan Stanley is paying Uber maybe 80% of that price and then selling the shares to you. THEY pocket the spread.

This is NOT a deal that insiders get. You can get EXACTLY the same deal by just buying the shares on the open market at the opening bell through your existing brokerage, if you have one.
Thanks for the info.. how do you know all of these details