• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber did it again.

Sher Singh

I'm right in the center of the surge with 1.8x everywhere and I keep getting pings at zero surge from a block away. Kept cancelling all of those pings only to realize that uber as usual was charging the pax surge rate and paying the driver the x rate. Well good luck Uber because I'm going to stay with my surge on app on policy. Anybody else noticed this today?

80sDude

I keep getting pings at zero surge from a block away

IGNORE THEM ALL

Im really starting to think they're short on drivers now. Those x pings are OLD REQUESTS. Nobody is grabbing them.. OH WELL TO BAD.

Bigbadb91

Lol I had sooooo many of those today or I’d get 1.1 or 1.2 and I’d be sitting in a 1.6-1.8... kept passing it along... I must of done it about 20-30 times today

Or sit in a 2.0 and get 1.5s

Downtown didn’t seem too busy even though I had a bunch that said they came to Chicago for spring break... maybe there was more driver out there too??? Idk but it didn’t seem like a typical Friday

chuber1

Correct me if am wrong Uber and Lyft
Can run out of drivers quickly in certain location becau of Via keep expanding
If we ONLY STOP chasing Uber/Lyft
Boost/quest the table can turn
3 ride share here , Drivers pool run
Out fast , the have to struggle to keep drivers on to there side each off them.

As of right now 1.1boost in Lincoln Park
There are DRIVERS chasing this

Attachments

80sDude

Do not accept ANYTHING other than going rate. NOTHING.

Having to zoom in and out of app to see the surge IS BY DESIGN..

Dont be a fool and pick up pool.

APP off a till you assess the current situation.

Sher Singh

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IGNORE THEM ALL

Im really starting to think they're short on drivers now. Those x pings are OLD REQUESTS. Nobody is grabbing them.. OH WELL TO BAD.
Its kind of hard to say that they're short on riders now because downtown was flooded with ants. Surge was absolute crap with massive fluctuations. I just hit 200 and headed back home. Usual Fridays are 300-350. The afternoon surge wasn't good either. Hopefully Saturday must do some good.

Lol I had sooooo many of those today or I’d get 1.1 or 1.2 and I’d be sitting in a 1.6-1.8... kept passing it along... I must of done it about 20-30 times today

Or sit in a 2.0 and get 1.5s

Downtown didn’t seem too busy even though I had a bunch that said they came to Chicago for spring break... maybe there was more driver out there too??? Idk but it didn’t seem like a typical Friday
How did your Friday go? Did you hit the usual 300? Wasn't a typical Friday for sure.

Correct me if am wrong Uber and Lyft
Can run out of drivers quickly in certain location becau of Via keep expanding
If we ONLY STOP chasing Uber/Lyft
Boost/quest the table can turn
3 ride share here , Drivers pool run
Out fast , the have to struggle to keep drivers on to there side each off them.

As of right now 1.1boost in Lincoln Park
There are DRIVERS chasing this
It's go home time when the boost is 1.1x

DrinkSoda

Entering spring break week too. Could be slower. But just as many people come to town as those that leave.

80sDude

You have to be patient. Surge is way better before 5 and after 7.

Be a bird of prey.Sitting in that shit show traffic fir less than a 1.7 is for fool's .

Sher Singh

You have to be patient. Surge is way better before 5 and after 7.

Be a bird of prey.Sitting in that shit show traffic fir less than a 1.7 is for fool's .
Wasn't that great yesterday though. The max was 2.2x around United Centre. I agree below 2x is a fools game lol.

chuber1

It is mind boggling if somebody out there
Driving with this rate , where is UBER/LYFT fault !!! But only us drivers
We should use this powerful app on off
Feature untill they take it away from us
Any thing is possible, come on now.

If everyone use it the equesion changes.

Sher Singh

It is mind boggling if somebody out there
Driving with this rate , where is UBER/LYFT fault !!! But only us drivers
We should use this powerful app on off
Feature untill they take it away from us
Any thing is possible, come on now.

If everyone use it the equesion changes.
Bars are getting flooded by the Northside with Loyola fans in long lines but no surge at all.

Ana C.

IGNORE THEM ALL

What's an old request? Right before surge?

Koolbreze

Do not accept ANYTHING other than going rate. NOTHING.

Having to zoom in and out of app to see the surge IS BY DESIGN..

Dont be a fool and pick up pool.

APP off a till you assess the current situation.
bullsh.t
have to make money since I am out

SatMan

I'm right in the center of the surge with 1.8x everywhere and I keep getting pings at zero surge from a block away. Kept cancelling all of those pings only to realize that uber as usual was charging the pax surge rate and paying the driver the x rate. Well good luck Uber because I'm going to stay with my surge on app on policy. Anybody else noticed this today?
I noticed that too, but I took the next rider. Showed no surge, but after trip, I looked at payment and it did show a very nice surge. I also took a screenshot of the request and area just in case.