Uber Destination

#professoruber

It does puzzle me when drivers use the destination filter when it’s not needed. If I end up in BFE, one or two things are gonna happen. Naturally people are heading towards the major cities or the airport. Or rides are simply not happening and your gonna dead head back to civilization.

Last time this happened to me I ended up in Rowlett. It was 5 pm on a weekend. Ended up with a ride at a marina and I asked if there were absolutely dry and before I could say I do have dry towels if needed. The @@@@@ got snippy and said they would order another ride.

Of course she lied to Uber and said I declined the ride back to Dallas due to the destination. I drew a map for Uber and asked them why the hell would I decline the ride as I was way outside of Dallas. Give me my cxl fee back idiots!

CorkyB

A couple of weeks ago I got a ride request to Greenville TX, it took an hour and 15 minutes. I set the destination filter to get back and I eventually did - I made a huge zig zag which took 4 1/2 hours! It was great, hardly any dead miles. That was uber.
Lyft's destination filter rarely has any results at all but when it does its to the exact destination I entered.

Funky Monkey

If you don’t want to do the ride, yes, explain the situation to the rider and tell them your gonna cancel.

Bottom line Uber sent something out a while ago about destination and saying they can override them during high demand times.
Did they do this because we're Independent Contractors?

libingbing

This morning I set my DF to DFW Airport and got a smelly guy named Ajay that lives on Hearthstone Dr, Frisco, TX. Most mornings a guy with this kind of name would be a ride to DFW. He stepped in the car and didn't say hello. Back seat driver wanted to take inside road full of red lights, but it was too late I was in the process of turning on Dallas Parkway to take the faster route. Jag off slammed my back door when he got out at his work place in Stonebriar Mall. Next thing you know I'm locked out of my app because the SOB filed a bogus complaint saying i was drunk. Fellow cAnts, if you get a request from Ajay at either of those 2 locations do not accept! And F U scrUBER for taking me in the opposite direction of the DF !

TX Uber Ant

This morning I set my DF to DFW Airport and got a smelly guy named Ajay that lives on Hearthstone Dr, Frisco, TX. Most mornings a guy with this kind of name would be a ride to DFW. He stepped in the car and didn't say hello. Back seat driver wanted to take inside road full of red lights, but it was too late I was in the process of turning on Dallas Parkway to take the faster route. Jag off slammed my back door when he got out at his work place in Stonebriar Mall. Next thing you know I'm locked out of my app because the SOB filed a bogus complaint saying i was drunk. Fellow cAnts, if you get a request from Ajay at either of those 2 locations do not accept! And F U scrUBER for taking me in the opposite direction of the DF !
Next time you get a pax like this don't end the trip like normal instead go to the destination and cancel the ride after you drop him off. You will still get paid for the fare but it keeps them from being able to give you a bad rating. My tolerance for these types of pax is getting less and less to the point where I am all but ready to kick them out of my vehicle and cancel the remainder of the trip. I was reading another thread recently that said drivers were getting reimbursed 100 dollars when fake reports like these happen but that was in New Jersey so it may be worth a try when and if they reactivate you.

Stas2007

That’s not how destination works, it will literally send any request to you as long as it gets you closer to DFW. That’s why if you set destination to DFW from downtown, you can easily get a ping to uptown. Because UBER calculates from downtown to DFW is 20 minutes, but from uptown to DFW is 19 minutes.

NauticalWheeler

I was just complaining to someone today about how I'm getting more pax who are turning 10 minute trips into 20 minute trips because they want to take surface streets to avoid toll roads. Is this what happened?

songoku

So Ajay is a no-go, how about BJ?

New2This

Do you know where he works?

Maybe a false allegation about him to his employer?

Not saying I'd do it but wouldn't blame you if you did.

libingbing

@songoku

That and Vajayjay is ok

Post automatically merged:

Do you know where he works?

Maybe a false allegation about him to his employer?

Not saying I'd do it but wouldn't blame you if you did.
LOL. Stonebriar Mall but not sure which store.

Last edited:

nighthawk398

That’s not how destination works, it will literally send any request to you as long as it gets you closer to DFW. That’s why if you set destination to DFW from downtown, you can easily get a ping to uptown. Because UBER calculates from downtown to DFW is 20 minutes, but from uptown to DFW is 19 minutes.
if that's the case be better set destination filter to Ft Worth

TaylorR137

Destination mode is bullshit, just another way uber tries to keep us on the road. I think it works better if you lie about where "home" is vs "work"

TX Uber Ant

Destination mode is bullshit, just another way uber tries to keep us on the road. I think it works better if you lie about where "home" is vs "work"
Yep most of the time the app gets turned off and I just dead head home. It could take several hours using DF to get me to Fort Worth most of the time. I find that Lyft can get me there with one request. Hmmmm.