Uber Destination

The other night I entered a destination to DFW from Forney. I got stuck out there. I waited for 10 minutes and got a request “Towards” my destination. I accepted and went to pick up the pax. Once they got inside I hit the button to start the trip, and noticed they were headed to Sunnyvale from Forney. WTF?? Why did Uber send me in that direction?

Does anyone know why Uber would send me north east, and DFW is in the opposite direction?

NauticalWheeler

The other night I entered a destination to DFW from Forney. I got stuck out there. I waited for 10 minutes and got a request “Towards” my destination. I accepted and went to pick up the pax. Once they got inside I hit the button to start the trip, and noticed they were headed to Sunnyvale from Forney. WTF?? Why did Uber send me in that direction?

Does anyone know why Uber would send me north east, and DFW is in the opposite direction?
Might've been closer to a highway. Many times I've been in highland park on mockingbird ln and set the df to dfw or to my home on the nrh/keller border and it gives me trips to downtown dallas. My preferred route home would be to take nw hwy all the way to 114, but the uber nav would have me go downtown then up 35e

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because drivers will do the rides and continue to drive. It’s as simple as that.
So, you think I should’ve canceled the ride and told the Pax to get out of the car?
Normally it takes me toward the area I entered, however, that night Uber had me going a different direction.
I normally don’t have any problems putting a PAX out of the car. However, this was not their fault.

ukguydallas

It's been doing this for some time ..if it's only just done it to you then you must have lucked out...if you notice it automatically puts an arrival time for you to get to DFW...say you set it at 12pm it may put an arrival to DFW at 6pm...so it won't always push you that way right away since you "don't need" to be there until 6pm

#professoruber

So, you think I should’ve canceled the ride and told the Pax to get out of the car?
Normally it takes me toward the area I entered, however, that night Uber had me going a different direction.
I normally don’t have any problems putting a PAX out of the car. However, this was not their fault.
If you don’t want to do the ride, yes, explain the situation to the rider and tell them your gonna cancel.

Bottom line Uber sent something out a while ago about destination and saying they can override them during high demand times.

NauticalWheeler

If you don’t want to do the ride, yes, explain the situation to the rider and tell them your gonna cancel.

Bottom line Uber sent something out a while ago about destination and saying they can override them during high demand times.
That's right. I think they said that after they gave df back to us after they took it away for a while earlier this year.

Did you long haul to get revenge on Uber and did the passenger tip?
No, I did not long haul the ride. And, I got a $3.00 tip LOL!
Post automatically merged:

That's right. I think they said that after they gave df back to us after they took it away for a while earlier this year.
I don’t know.
I’m an Uber customer too, and if get into a car with one of y’all and the driver tells me he ain’t going that way ... you will see the OAKCLIFF come out of me.
I’ll will a problem for one of y’all.. LOL!

I can’t see myself kicking them out, without a valid reason. LOL

theinca

No, I did not long haul the ride. And, I got a $3.00 tip LOL!

I don’t know.
I’m an Uber customer too, and if get into a car with one of y’all and the driver tells me he ain’t going that way ... you will see the OAKCLIFF come out of me.
I’ll will a problem for one of y’all.. LOL!

I can’t see myself kicking them out, without a valid reason. LOL
I use df a lot and If uber gives me a ride in the wrong direction I politely tell them I can’t take them due to a prior engagement. If you do it tactfully most people won’t have an issue.

NoBS

if you are in Forney and the rider goes to Sunnyvale, the DFW DF worked as expected. It was sending you to the west.
82FDB7D8-0FF9-436D-B7B6-363BDA5D9EC2.jpeg

mbd

From Forney 2 ways to get to dfw
80 and 30( cutting across 80)
Sunnyvale on the way to DFW?

if you are in Forney and the rider goes to Sunnyvale, the DFW DF worked as expected. It was sending you to the west. View attachment 367687
Sorry.... typo it was Sache not Sunnyvale

From Forney 2 ways to get to dfw
80 and 30( cutting across 80)
Sunnyvale on the way to DFW?

mbd

Make that 3 ways ? tollway all the way to 635? or 121
2 cuts from forney to rockwall and garland near the tollway ...
I am really struggling here ?supporting the DF

Make that 3 ways ? tollway all the way to 635? or 121
2 cuts from forney to rockwall and garland near the tollway ...
I am really struggling here ?supporting the DF
I didn’t have the time to drive all evening. I wanted to get to DFW and then buy a Pizza from Vittos in south Irving and head back to OakCliff and pig out to my delicious pie. lol

Direct Destination failed me. Screw the Uber features.

mbd

I didn’t have the time to drive all evening. I wanted to get to DFW and then buy a Pizza from Vittos in south Irving and head back to OakCliff and pig out to my delicious pie. lol

Direct Destination failed me. Screw the Uber features.
Vitos- is it good ??? Next to Walmart / Burger King?

mbd

Vitos- is it good ??? Next to Walmart / Burger King?
I am really into restaurants, but never eat at them ? always ask people about local foods.
At the end it is usually back to black coffee ?
Tuesday picked up a NY Chef from DFW. He has a restaurant in NY and he is friends with Bobby or Boby Flay and few others from the food network. He ripped food network and its policies.
Dropped him someplace past Granbury, huge ranch . After the drop, did a 70 mile app off dead miles ?
His friend wants to open a restaurant in FTW.

I am really into restaurants, but never eat at them ? always ask people about local foods.
At the end it is usually black coffee ?
Tuesday picked up a NY Chef from DFW. He has a restaurant in NY and he is friends with Bobby or Boby Flay and few others from the food network. He ripped food network
Dropped him someplace past Granbury, huge ranch . After the drop, did a 70 mile app off dead miles ?
His friend wants to open a restaurant in FTW.
I love to eat out.. but rarely try new places.lol
I have about six restaurants that I frequent.
I’m always asking for recommendations, but never really try new places ???

70 dead miles, that sucks