Uber Destination Filter - 2 Again

Dropking

What a surprise this morning to find that Uber's destination filter has reverted back to 2. It was six for less than a month.

So I drove much more for Lyft today, 17 rides for Lyft compared with 4 for Uber. This ratio was reversed for the few weeks that Uber had increased their destination filter to six. For the first time in my ride sharing experience I was primarily driving for Uber.

What's worse is that Uber kept their new automatic timeouts/logouts intact after a ride in destination filter has already been given. This was something new, but it was acceptable given the increase to six destination filters. Now I have no chance of getting all the way home from SF to my distant suburb. So I can't even rely on Uber's destination filter to get me home, so I'll be using Lyft for that too.

People at Uber who make these kinds of decisions never see the big picture, a deficiency that plagues analytically-minded people generally. They don't understand that my ride-sharing option is not a zero-sum game with Uber only. The pie is bigger than Uber, and thus they cannot control driver actions in the way they want. There are unintended consequences.

Serby

Since the 6 DF I eas driving 75 rides a week. This week i did 20. And i feel stupid for doing any
What a surprise this morning to find that Uber's destination filter has reverted back to 2. It was six for less than a month.

So I drove much more for Lyft today, 17 rides for Lyft compared with 4 for Uber. This ratio was reversed for the few weeks that Uber had increased their destination filter to six. For the first time in my ride sharing experience I was primarily driving for Uber.

What's worse is that Uber kept their new automatic timeouts/logouts intact after a ride in destination filter has already been given. This was something new, but it was acceptable given the increase to six destination filters. Now I have no chance of getting all the way home from SF to my distant suburb. So I can't even rely on Uber's destination filter to get me home, so I'll be using Lyft for that too.

People at Uber who make these kinds of decisions never see the big picture, a deficiency that plagues analytically-minded people generally. They don't understand that my ride-sharing option is not a zero-sum game with Uber only. The pie is bigger than Uber, and thus they cannot control driver actions in the way they want. There are unintended consequences.