Uber delivery?

plocp

any one got the message?

UBER: Hey Xxx, in a few weeks we're launching a new delivery service in Philadelphia, and you're invited to be one of our launch partners! Delivery with Uber is a great way to boost your earnings.

What you think? Good money ?

gferg01

I got it also. Will need to see how other cities are making out with this as a reference. Im wondering (and i doubt it) if there will be a level of control over when i want to do it.

JimmyJ89

If you read the contract, it says you can terminate your affiliation with it. But I'm no lawyer so many questions still to be answered

disp350

LOL - I did read through it, I must have missed that part. But thank you kind sir for pointing that out

tradedate

I wonder how well this has been thought through.

What happens when you pull up to an apartment or other multi-family dwelling, and someone is outside on the steps telling you the order is for them. Who's responsible if you give food to the wrong person? Do we need to start asking for ID? Making them tell us what was ordered as proof?

Then you go from delivery, back to UberX, but your car now smells like food.

plocp

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I heard the food delivery sucks, not only you have to wait in front of the restaurant for the food is ready, and then you have to park your car to pick up the food, the you have to park your car to deliver the food to the pax, you know how difficult to find a parking spot in the city, without getting ticket or pay a premium to PPA, is it worth it? I really don't know

Ryuber

I got the text invitation, too.
I signed up for it and they asked for $4 deposit for Uber Bag.

Do not know the rate in Philly but NY is set as $5.5 for 1 mile then $2.5 for every extra mile.
So 2 miles fare could be $8 and 10 miles could be around $28.

Here's the link.
https://rush.uber.com/how-it-works

plocp

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ahh, ok, since everyone signing up, I am signing up too, not sure how's the business in philly now, I am still doing my private driver job in NY, let see what happen when I come back

jaien39

from knowing Uber. I not signing up.
And from all the Reviews on Uber Delivery. No way i am going to sign up. Uber tell their customer Not To Tip and to Reward the Drivers, you should just give them 5 star.
Uber CEO should really do Undercover Boss Uber and see it for themself the Real World of working for Uber. its mostly $5 per hour job and have to put up on some crazy Pax that expect the world from you and if not they will give you 2 star or 1 star BS

Webster614

I don't know where some of you are driving in Philly, but none of the pax I have driven expect anything more than a clean, safe ride. I don't provide extras but I keep a clean car. I offer to put the radio to whatever they want and only once has someone asked for something specific. None have expected water, gum, candy, etc. I manage to pull 5 stars on 92% of my rated rides. It's really not difficult. Offer slight conversation, if they respond good, if not, stay quiet. Greet them, ask how their day/night is going. Tell them to have a good, safe night on drop off. Boom. 5 stars.

But I agree, I don't think I'll be signing up for Uber Delivery for the sheer fact that a restaurant F up becomes the delivery drivers fault (I delivered pizzas for 3 years in my teens, too many times I'd get stiffed cause someone else F'd it up).

You're an a-hole of you deliver food for them. Nothing good will come out of that. Especially on the emphasis on "no tipping". You'll be getting charged for any spills and cold food.