Uber Delivery is getting Desperate in Dallas

UberMeansSuper

I guess there aren't enough Uber drivers in the DFW willing to make a taco truck out of their cars yet, so they're looking for more.

Anyone signed up yet? Oooooh, a 10% increase. Lol.

IMG_1790.PNG

FatMatt

I got invited to this as well. This is apparently for a new delivery service that they haven't launched yet in Dallas. I signed up, might as well try it out and see if I can make some extra money.

Drive777

Guys!!!! when we all are wasting out time waiting for pax outside house/apt/mall and see what happens with food delivery. You have to deal more with parking violation, obstruction of traffic. Leaving ur car on the road with hazzard lights on.

I believe all Uber food deliveries are curbside. That means the customer has to come to your car to get the food. Not sure about this new expanded version which includes a lot more choices and restaurants, but that's how UberEats works.

All I know is I refuse to work food delivery with the mentality that "being Uber means no need to tip." That might work for picking up someone and taking them down the street, but it won't fly when you're waiting in line at restaurants and delivering a hot meal on demand.

UberMeansSuper

Lol a few hours later, they invited me to the old, existing UberEats... What are they playing at?

Lol they want a signed NDA (non-disclosure agreement) to sign up? Lol what could be proprietary about delivering FOOD?!?! Such a joke.

image.jpg image.png

txtim1982

I though uber eats was already in dallas.I guess they are expanding the hours
Yeah, from what I've seen, UberEATS will continue to run Lunch time in heavy metro areas, but UberDelivery (UberDelivers in other test markets) will be more like what GetME, Postmates and Doordash do, all-encompassing deliveries, not just food.

txtim1982

I used GetMe the other day. For some reason my wife had both car seats, and my kid and I were at home. I needed laundry stuff but couldn't leave because of the kiddo. I had to buy enough stuff to reach the $25 minimum, but I got stuff I would have used anyway. It is expensive, but in a pinch, well worth it. I wouldn't use it again unless I had to, but at least it exists.

KMANDERSON

I guess there aren't enough Uber drivers in the DFW willing to make a taco truck out of their cars yet, so they're looking for more.

Anyone signed up yet? Oooooh, a 10% increase. Lol.

View attachment 30091
I think UberDelivery (or whatever the F they are calling it) is more akin to DoorDash/Postmates. I think full menu may be available, etc. Who knows, I'm not signing up, I hate Uber.
I don't know how good it will be without a tipping option.Since tips are 70 percent of you income.Hey but at least there telling the truth when they say 10 percent.They could say up to 90 thousand a year like they use to on uber x