Uber - Delivery Fee

mags2K

Uber just notified me that they are reducing their Delivery commissions to 25% effective tomorrow (Friday). They are saying this will help drivers earn more money delivering. Not sure if this would entice more Drivers to sign up for Delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_6257.jpg
    IMG_6257.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 84

Mad Medic

Uber just notified me that they are reducing their Delivery commissions to 25% effective tomorrow (Friday). They are saying this will help drivers earn more money delivering. Not sure if this would entice more Drivers to sign up for Delivery.
Was (is) 30% fee to Uber plus the 33 % off the top of the food costs that Uber alsp gdg

roguehack

I stopped well before McD's came along, you are better of dedicating a block of time as a part time driver for Dominoes or Hut.

LilRedWagon

"Jeez, what was it before this?"
and
"Jesus, they really are flooding the hell out of the market, aren't they?"

Now, I know this is meant as prayer. It has to be, because we're in such a hell of a spot, working people are so beat down these days, not an honest man or woman (that's everybody on this blog, nobody can deny it--especially since that one guy left, and even he had his moments of humanity) say again, not an honest man or woman doesn't understand in the depths of their hearts that we are so screwed, we'd better pray.

But just to make sure the Lord knows it's not cussing, you could bow your head just the tiniest bit when you say it. That's good old school.

Mad Medic

That's Straight theft. Poor sucker businesses fall prey to uber. At 25% it's still not worth my time.
You right about the theft part. Drive 5 minutes to a Mcdonalds. Wait 10 more, sometimes 15 more at McDonald's when it's drive thru only option and then drive another 8 minutes to delivery destination, expected to deliver to their door and all for about five bucks and zero tip.

McDonalds sucks but boy oh boy are they promoting in.

Next Midway run look for the giant full size billboard on Interstate 55 as you near the Cicero exit. It shows the UberEats app logo and is a McDonalds billboard promoting "McDelivery to your door"

Mad Medic

Right. My personal ego/self esteem cannot under no circumstances deliver a Big Mac to a lazy person now that I just earned a Masters Degree from DePaul. No delivery for me. Ever.
I feel you. Congats on the Masters Degree.

It wasn't in my orig plans to even do Uber. Def not my plan to deliver a Big Mac.

My degrees now hang on a basement wall. They no longer play any role in making a living.

Do to life changing injuries, going from about 80k a year to 0k a year, while waiting up to another 2 years to be approved for social security disability benefits that when approved will only be about $1,300 month, one finds himself driving for Uber.

Yes, there are days I feel so belittled by pax and delivery customers. After all, I used to save lives for a living. Went from rescuing people from fires and crashes, treating trauma victims, medical emergencies, cardiac arrest and delivering babies to driving an Uber.

401k's dont last forever if you didn't build up enough to retire on. Employers that pay more than Ubering DON'T hire people that don't know if they'll be able to work 5 days in a row each week or if they need to stay home from work a couple days a week unexpectedly or need about 8 days a month off each month,etc. They also don't hire people 50 years old with certain complicated injuries and on certaim meds. Sure, you could say they can't break the law and discriminate due to medical reasons but you can't make any employer agree to allow you to set your own schedule and only work on the days you feel well.

Other employment choices left included umarmed security at minimum wage, Wal Mart greeter at min wage, some fast food joint or another min wage only job all with an expectation that when scheduled to work, you show up to work.

No offense against taxi drivers,"Uber drivers, food delivery people, or similar type of workers. I respect all workers, earned more respect for them after doing their jobs.