Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber deceiving Pax with Tip info

868 views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Micmac 
#1 ·
So in the past 2 weeks, I have come across more than 15 -20 passengers who are under the impression that tips are included in the fare . When they ask me if it is true, i deny it obviously. However a few passenger even showed me the e-receipt on their phone which does say tips : some amount. When I emailed uber about it, as always they dint care to respond .

Did anyone else had any Pax raising the same concern?

#2 ·
So in the past 2 weeks, I have come across more than 15 -20 passengers who are under the impression that tips are included in the fare . When they ask me if it is true, i deny it obviously. However a few passenger even showed me the e-receipt on their phone which does say tips : some amount. When I emailed uber about it, as always they dint care to respond .

The only platform on Uber that allows tip in app is Uber taxi. That platform is in very few markets.

#8 ·
People are brain washed..I find it hard to believe that there are this many people that don't tip.

I cannot count how many times I go out of my way to load/unload luggage, give info on local happenings ect..

NO TIP...

I watch them tip guy at hotel for holding the damn door for them. ..makes me want to puke.

#12 ·
Hi TNK, Had a group of 4 tourists, all under 30 - super nice people. They were only going about 2 miles, but gave them a quick rundown on places to go, restaurants and the like. Got them to their hotel and each person in the car gave me a tip. Never expected it, but it was a really cool gesture and the rare exception because 99.9% of the riders do not tip. It is amazing how some folks just get it and are nice and others are completely clueless. The fact that the company discourages driver acknowledgment via an occasional gratuity definitely hurts us and therefore it hurts them. Wish they could understand that - would go a long way, I think.

#10 ·
They have absolutely been brainwashed.

While some of the passengers (may) believe that Uber drivers are actually earning $1750/week or more for giving them $5 rides... at this point, most of them simply no longer care - it's not their problem.

I'm sure they barely noticed that their minimum fare rides have fallen from $8+ to $5 over the past few years, and now that the prices are so low, they just assume that's how things have always been.

Now they are taking part of the "disruption", moving into their uptown apartment and having no need for a car of their own.

These passengers will not change, tips are not coming, even if it is added into the app (which will never happen).

#13 ·
On the flip side, there are a lot of drivers out there that are okay with the money they are making and are just as brainwashed. These are the ones that are re-enforcing the entire tip issues. I met one last night and he was firm on not expecting, wanting, and also declining the tip unless the rider is persistent. I think he was at 3000 trips and went on about the flexibility and nice people. He seemed to love Uber. Sorry buddy, my main goal is to be profitability. I changed the subject quickly.

#14 ·
Straight from the rider app, here is what Uber says about tipping:

" Please note that the trip fare charged to your payment account does not include gratuity."

The only exception to this ^^^ is Uber Taxi which does have the tip built in.

And I started rating passengers a little differently a few weeks back....

Tip me - 5 stars
No tip - 1 star

Its pretty simple.

#18 ·

You should ve taken a picture and call or email the lawyer that represent drivers in Cali , Also I want to let you know that uber settle with the court to allow driver solicite a tip ! Just teach your pax that tips are not included!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.