Uber Deactivation after being assaulted by Uber employee.

Drivinincircles

I Had been driving for Uber since the re-launch in Las Vegas in September.
I had received my 1099 and there was a discrepancy in what they paid, fees, incentives, referrals ect. to me and was inflated by around $2,000.

1800 rides 4.93 rating dozens of passengers leaving compliments through the app.
CSR's telling me on multiple occasions that I was or was close to the highest rated driver in Las Vegas. not that means anything.

So I headed down to the Greenlight office in Las Vegas to speak to the CSR Connor that I usually deal with, we went over the 1099 and neither one of us could justify the discrepancy, Connor then sent an email off to corporate and said that someone from there would be contacting me to resolve the issue.

about three days later I received a email saying the issue was resolved, which apparently was just another CSR clearing their quota.

A few weeks later after hearing nothing further I went back to the local office and spoke to a CSR named Matt, he went and checked what to do with the managers in the back room, came back out and told me, that head guy
Joshua MIller would call me the following morning to get this taken care of. Of course never received a phone call.

Then stopped in on a Friday and spoke to CSR Taylor who was very nice and tried to get some help, in the middle of our conversation a CSR Reed comes out of the back office and seems infuriated, asks me "what is it you want to accomplish for you" I explain the 1099 to him, he answers "so what"
Matt then comes up and I let him know that no one ever contacted me, He then goes in the back room for a few minutes and comes back out to tell me that Conor would be back in the office on Tuesday June 14th and that I should come back then and he would get it rectified.

I continue to talk to Taylor about some rides that I was never paid for, all of a sudden her demeanor changes after looking at her screen, she had been told by the managers in the back to "rap it up and get me out" I was at an agle where I could see her screen, weird thing is I Believe Uber is recording the CSR/Driver interactions and then transmitting them back to the office, then they wait for instruction.

I show back up at the office, check in and see Joshua Miller walk out of the back office, I politely ask him "Is Connor Filley is available?" he opens the door a little to the back room and responds "he's on a call" I say thank you and sit down in the waiting room. After about 4 minutes CSR Matt comes over and tells me he'll help me, I follow him over and sit down he says "what's the problem?" I say "you had told me that I should come back in today and meet with Connor to fix this 1099 issue" "Will I be meeting with Connor today?"

Matt replies "Connor is NOT here."
Me a little confused "I just asked Joshua and he told me that he was on a call?"
Matt: "You know what I mean!"

He then goes on to tell me that " they have decided not to help me" and "we choose what problems they want to deal with at the Greenlight office" that my only option is to "go through email or contact the IRS."

Of course he was reading this off of his mac screen, as the managers in back were feeding him responses to my questions.

so, I silently got up from the table and went back to a chair in the waiting area and got to work on composing an email to support about the 1099.

5-10 minutes later Matt comes over all puffy chest and says "You need to leave!" I politely say to him "I'm just doing what you told me that my options were, I'm sending an email to support, why do you want me to leave?" he replies with a "just get out"

so I looked back at my phone and attempted to start my camera and point it towards him and ask him again why he is asking me to leave?

At this point I'm still sitting- Matt then grabs my right arm in attempt to grab my phone and starts screaming "you cant record in here!!!" as I switch the phone over to my Left hand he calls the greeter over and he's standing right on top of me, me grabbing my right arm three times and attempting to take my phone.

So I could stand up I take my right foot and push his right knee back lightly so I can stand up
(If anyone could provide his name, I would appreciate it)

As I stand up they are both screaming at me and Matt says "I'm just gonna call the police!"
to which I respond "Please do I would love to speak to them"

Greeter then tells me he's gonna hold me there and makes another grab for me, to which he gets another push on his knee to get him to make room for me to get by.

He the follows me out the door and tells me "I know where your family Lives" "I know where your family Lives" and either "I will get them!!" or "I will kill them".

a few hours later after filing a police report and sending and getting an email that a CSR Victoria would be contacting me by phone, (which never came) they post on my driver login "REJECTED" and receive the deactivation email from Joshua Miller (below)

So I get Assaulted then Deactivated.

Just wanted to share the incompetence of the people that Run the Uber Las Vegas area.

Here's Joshua Miller's LinkedIn Profile, Real Customer Service Expert.
(below)

If you have had any similar stories please feel free to contact me.
Thanks...

Attachments

SEAL Team 5

I Had been driving for Uber since the re-launch in Las Vegas in September.
I had received my 1099 and there was a discrepancy in what they paid, fees, incentives, referrals ect. to me and was inflated by around $2,000.

1800 rides 4.93 rating dozens of passengers leaving compliments through the app.
CSR's telling me on multiple occasions that I was or was close to the highest rated driver in Las Vegas. not that means anything.

So I headed down to the Greenlight office in Las Vegas to speak to the CSR Connor that I usually deal with, we went over the 1099 and neither one of us could justify the discrepancy, Connor then sent an email off to corporate and said that someone from there would be contacting me to resolve the issue.

about three days later I received a email saying the issue was resolved, which apparently was just another CSR clearing their quota.

A few weeks later after hearing nothing further I went back to the local office and spoke to a CSR named Matt, he went and checked what to do with the managers in the back room, came back out and told me, that head guy
Joshua MIller would call me the following morning to get this taken care of. Of course never received a phone call.

Then stopped in on a Friday and spoke to CSR Taylor who was very nice and tried to get some help, in the middle of our conversation a CSR Reed comes out of the back office and seems infuriated, asks me "what is it you want to accomplish for you" I explain the 1099 to him, he answers "so what"
Matt then comes up and I let him know that no one ever contacted me, He then goes in the back room for a few minutes and comes back out to tell me that Conor would be back in the office on Tuesday June 14th and that I should come back then and he would get it rectified.

I continue to talk to Taylor about some rides that I was never paid for, all of a sudden her demeanor changes after looking at her screen, she had been told by the managers in the back to "rap it up and get me out" I was at an agle where I could see her screen, weird thing is I Believe Uber is recording the CSR/Driver interactions and then transmitting them back to the office, then they wait for instruction.

I show back up at the office, check in and see Joshua Miller walk out of the back office, I politely ask him "Is Connor Filley is available?" he opens the door a little to the back room and responds "he's on a call" I say thank you and sit down in the waiting room. After about 4 minutes CSR Matt comes over and tells me he'll help me, I follow him over and sit down he says "what's the problem?" I say "you had told me that I should come back in today and meet with Connor to fix this 1099 issue" "Will I be meeting with Connor today?"

Matt replies "Connor is NOT here."
Me a little confused "I just asked Joshua and he told me that he was on a call?"
Matt: "You know what I mean!"

He then goes on to tell me that " they have decided not to help me" and "we choose what problems they want to deal with at the Greenlight office" that my only option is to "go through email or contact the IRS."

Of course he was reading this off of his mac screen, as the managers in back were feeding him responses to my questions.

so, I silently got up from the table and went back to a chair in the waiting area and got to work on composing an email to support about the 1099.

5-10 minutes later Matt comes over all puffy chest and says "You need to leave!" I politely say to him "I'm just doing what you told me that my options were, I'm sending an email to support, why do you want me to leave?" he replies with a "just get out"

so I looked back at my phone and attempted to start my camera and point it towards him and ask him again why he is asking me to leave?

At this point I'm still sitting- Matt then grabs my right arm in attempt to grab my phone and starts screaming "you cant record in here!!!" as I switch the phone over to my Left hand he calls the greeter over and he's standing right on top of me, me grabbing my right arm three times and attempting to take my phone.

So I could stand up I take my right foot and push his right knee back lightly so I can stand up
(If anyone could provide his name, I would appreciate it)

As I stand up they are both screaming at me and Matt says "I'm just gonna call the police!"
to which I respond "Please do I would love to speak to them"

Greeter then tells me he's gonna hold me there and makes another grab for me, to which he gets another push on his knee to get him to make room for me to get by.

He the follows me out the door and tells me "I know where your family Lives" "I know where your family Lives" and either "I will get them!!" or "I will kill them".

a few hours later after filing a police report and sending and getting an email that a CSR Victoria would be contacting me by phone, (which never came) they post on my driver login "REJECTED" and receive the deactivation email from Joshua Miller (below)

So I get Assaulted then Deactivated.

Just wanted to share the incompetence of the people that Run the Uber Las Vegas area.

Here's Joshua Miller's LinkedIn Profile, Real Customer Service Expert.
(below)

If you have had any similar stories please feel free to contact me.
Thanks...
Damn dude, didn't you keep track of the deposits to your account. That's all you need. That's the revenue that Uber paid you. End of story. You didn't need to go there. Any discrepancy in the 1099 is Uber fees, 100% deductible. Your deposits are proof of that. By IRS standards you file sole proprietorship on Uber Revenue and deduct expenses from that. Too EASY!!!!!

SEAL Team 5

don't know, but i just can't help but feel we're not getting the full story here.
That's all it is, a story. Not deductible, not claimed revenue, just nonsense. His deposits are his revenue from Uber. No more, no less. Making a big deal out of nothing. Over 99.9% of Uber employees are clueless. The proof is what was deposited in his FDIC bank account. Every last penny accounted for. All very very very very very very very traceable. But what's the reason you did not file your 2015 SE Tax form by April 15, actually the 18th this year?

Drivinincircles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn dude, didn't you keep track of the deposits to your account. That's all you need. That's the revenue that Uber paid you. End of story. You didn't need to go there. Any discrepancy in the 1099 is Uber fees, 100% deductible. Your deposits are proof of that. By IRS standards you file sole proprietorship on Uber Revenue and deduct expenses from that. Too EASY!!!!!
Oh, I've Kept track of my deposits

!099 was for around $2000 OVER the total of (Weekly payout, Rider fees, Incentives and Referral.)

So are you saying that I should have to right off a fictitious number?

I went there on a Friday and was told to come back that to meet with the CSR (Connor) on that Next Tuesday.

Yep 99.99999 percent of CSR's are clueless by design.

I filled for an extension so I could have time rectify the situation.

Drivinincircles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am in no way justifying the run around and later aggression received by this guy, but I believe that aiming a phone camera at someone in the Uber office was a catalyst in escalating this situation.

CSR Matts actions of asking me to get out, While I was doing exactly what I was told were my options was the catalyst for me attempting to start my phone.

SEAL Team 5

If it's the number of the amount deposited in your account it's not fictitious. Who gives a crap what Uber says, the reality is what has been deposited. And an extension doesn't eleviate you of your tax burden. If you end up owing then you will be charged interest on unpaid taxes. I think you might need a tax preparer.

Dontmakemepullauonyou

Oh, I've Kept track of my deposits

!099 was for around $2000 OVER the total of (Weekly payout, Rider fees, Incentives and Referral.)

I went there on a Friday and was told to come back that to meet with the CSR (Connor) on that Next Tuesday.

Yep 99.99999 percent of CSR's are clueless by design.

Because those numbers include the uber fees, uber safe rider fees, and you need to do the math yourself.

SumGuy

More then likely your 1099 is correct. I would of taken it to a tax professional in which they could of explained it to you.

Another Uber Driver

You start with the amounts on the 1099. You add up your deposits to get a figure. You deduct the deposits from the amounts on the 1099. The remainder is "Uber Fees", which should be deductible from the taxes.*

*I am not a Tax professional, therefore I am not qualified to dispense tax advice. Anyone who wants tax advice should seek it from a Professional who is qualified to dispense tax advice.

The Mollusk

File criminal charges if possible, and file a civil suit.
It's too late. If he goes to the station to file a police report he'll be laughed out. *IF* a detective one day in 2027 gets bored, he'll call up the uber office and they'll give him their side of the story along with witnesses.

If he goes to a lawyer, he'll be laughed out as well. He'll need to prove damages, which he won't be able to. The end.

Dang

Damn sad almost 2k trips to get deactivated like this is up... This show that uber can deactivate anyone without a reasonable reason..even when is clearly not the drivers fault

Last edited by a moderator:

agtg

You all seem to think you've got this figured out, but the guy clearly hasn't divulged what the primary issue is. If he has a claim, he can file it cheaply with the civil courts. For one thing, for deactivating him without cause. Whatever else he can argue only he knows.

I think more people should sue Uber in their local civil courts. I worked for them for four days and I could have filed a suit against them for defrauding me of wages.