• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber cuts 20%

hmmmmm

This is one rate cut that actually surprises me bc as i understand ct drivers have to get z plates on their car and carry commercial insurance. How are you supposed to pay for these expenses with rates now as low as states without any vehicle requirements?

Realityshark

This is one rate cut that actually surprises me bc as i understand ct drivers have to get z plates on their car and carry commercial insurance. How are you supposed to pay for these expenses with rates now as low as states without any vehicle requirements?
Uber is counting on the fact that all the new drivers who sign up are brain dead and can't figure out 5th grade mathematics. They seem to have no problem finding plenty of drivers who fit this description.

Altima ATL

Just trying to make sense of these rate cuts (I know is Uber so will not make sense).

Was there a feeling of either:
To many drivers - or not enough riders?

Is Uber promoting this reduction by advertising or public announcement - to get more new riders?
Did Uber contact its current riders (via email/text or other means) to update them on this great offer?

I don't really see how this can be great for the drivers if the riders are unaware of this.

ARIV005

Just trying to make sense of these rate cuts (I know is Uber so will not make sense).

Was there a feeling of either:
To many drivers - or not enough riders?

Is Uber promoting this reduction by advertising or public announcement - to get more new riders?
Did Uber contact its current riders (via email/text or other means) to update them on this great offer?

I don't really see how this can be great for the drivers if the riders are unaware of this.
As long as Uber makes their $1.00 SRF, they don't care. They're still making cake.

Emp9

Uber is counting on the fact that all the new drivers who sign up are brain dead and can't figure out 5th grade mathematics. They seem to have no problem finding plenty of drivers who fit this description.
well so far they are correct, more than half of the noobs dont do the math.