• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber cuts 20% in Hartford County

Simon

Thank you for writing in. We have adjusted prices in Hartford County by 20% beginning August 18.

We have been doing research over the past few months and noticed that Fairfield County and New Haven County were performing better in every category (trips per hour, $ per hour, utilization) than partners in Hartford County. On average drivers in the other counties were in a much better place than you were and our job is to make sure that you are as busy as possible - making as much as possible.

We are very confident this will benefit our partners. Last time we cut prices we saw trips increase by 20% within 2 weeks, 60% within 4 weeks, and 100% within 7 weeks. The increase in trips keeps our partners utilized at a much higher level than they were before. The increasing earnings due to more time spent on trips more than cover any additional cost of doing more trips.

We thought it was crazy that partners in Hartford would be earning less per trip and taking fewer trips per hour and that’s what we’re here to change.

Best,

Dennis

Zoots Alures

Coincidentally, I raised my rates to Uber by 35% effective yesterday at 0400. I guess they didn't like it. It would be awesome to get solidarity amongst 100% of Hartford County Drivers and the rest of the state drivers to be silent. At the very least have one person monitor the Heat Maps for surges- since not enough drivers will be logged in. When the surge takes effect the lurker can broadcast via Zillo to either login and reap the benefit or remain silent.

This arbitrary & capricious decision by Uber Leadersip just left everybody hanging in the balance.

Ideally, it would be a Coop'deGra if the entire Ct base of Uber drivers held out.

Remember: Smaller piece of the same pie means less food on the table for all.

Zoots Alures

Oh, and furthermore- UBER places Adds throughout Social Media. What I take exception to is their sophomoric use of the English language. "Hartford is now 20% cheaper". Bull shit Uber marketeers-

WE may be 20% less expensive but certainly not cheaper!!! Cheap refers to poor quality! And (Speaking for myself) take personal pride in delivering nothing less than stellar quality! Uber, you can affect our revenue stream but in no way can you affect our individual integrity.

Off the Soap Box

Simon

Sad part is thete will be dummy drivers out there doing it. So it is what it is. Im sure it will go statewide.

Rik

This weekend would be perfect for all Drivers to send Uber a message . There has to be a way for us to come together and do this. Even if it just for the Night Peak Hours. There has to be a way to get this message out.

borrowedtune

I feel completely comfortable in the hands of the marketing and tech savvy geniuses at uber. Attached is a pic of the email uber broadcasted to its Hartford riders today. $4 rides to Bradley.

Attachments

Last edited:

Simon

This weekend would be perfect for all Drivers to send Uber a message . There has to be a way for us to come together and do this. Even if it just for the Night Peak Hours. There has to be a way to get this message out.
Not gonna happen.. there are too many dummy drivers out there.

Zoots Alures

Ok, I created an example of a fare between Hartford and Bradley using both Old and New Rates. Minimum Rate and Safe Ride Fee remain the same. Safe Ride Fee of $1 was removed from the UberX fare revenue. I'm sure there may be holes in it but the gist of it is clear. Lastly, having made quite a number of these trips I backed into the minutes and mileage from old files.

Uber Rate Example.jpg

Last edited:

Zoots Alures

Thank you for writing in. We have adjusted prices in Hartford County by 20% beginning August 18.

We have been doing research over the past few months and noticed that Fairfield County and New Haven County were performing better in every category (trips per hour, $ per hour, utilization) than partners in Hartford County. On average drivers in the other counties were in a much better place than you were and our job is to make sure that you are as busy as possible - making as much as possible.

We are very confident this will benefit our partners. Last time we cut prices we saw trips increase by 20% within 2 weeks, 60% within 4 weeks, and 100% within 7 weeks. The increase in trips keeps our partners utilized at a much higher level than they were before. The increasing earnings due to more time spent on trips more than cover any additional cost of doing more trips.

We thought it was crazy that partners in Hartford would be earning less per trip and taking fewer trips per hour and that’s what we’re here to change.

Best,

Dennis
I'd be curious as to Uber's definition of the concept/term of "Partner". For the company executing this rate modification, it takes planning, discussion, defining, measuring, analyzing, controlling, & execution. Were any Ct Uber Driver Partners conferred with?

I'm going deep!

ctuber

They only planning was "hey college kids are coming back next week, let's lower rates so we can say look how much demand went up when we cut rates"
Which they can then justify to lower rates in the rest of the state because "look what happened in Hartford county when we did it"
I'm so glad I will not be relying on this crap company for much longer.

DomF

What do you guys think of the guarantees they're offering? Will it make it worth it? Below is an email I got from Uber. Hope they pay out...

Guarantee:
  • Weekdays (Mon-Fri): $12 guaranteed from 8am -10am & 4pm-6pm

• Weekend (Fri & Sat): $15 guaranteed from 10pm-2am

• 90% trip acceptance

• At least 1 trip completed per hour

Simon

What do you guys think of the guarantees they're offering? Will it make it worth it? Below is an email I got from Uber. Hope they pay out...

Guarantee:

• 90% trip acceptance

With the amount of drivers making the guarentee is slim to none. Get on zello and I will explain how to game it.

ctuber

Guarantee:

• 90% trip acceptance

This is just laughable! You do realize I hope that this is gross $ so after Uber's cut that's $9.60 and $12 per hour respectively BEFORE your expenses for at the very least fuel. This has become sadly comical yet there will hundreds of drivers out there regardless.