Uber Customer Representative called me

Woon

I accepted a ping at 1.8 boost in Ktown, 2 mins away. Arrived at the pick up location.
323 # called. Obviously assuming it is a passenger. Also checked customer's # as well.
Passenger: Hello, driver. My name is John, I am an Uber customer representative. The rider lost its network connection and he can't come to the pick up location. Our Uber system noticed its issue and letting you know to cancel the ride. Driver, do you know how to cancel a ride?
Me: Huh? What? You are a customer rep from Uber?
Passenger: Yes, please stop your car to the safest location. You are going to press right top corner, press cancel a ride then press no charge rider.
Me: Are you really an Uber customer representative? Out of 4k rides, no customer rep has ever contacted me through phone call.
Passenger: It is due to network issue passenger is having and we noticed from our side. We want to provide best quality of customer service to passnegers. I can prove it to you that I am an Uber rep. I can see that you have completed over 4k rides, drives the car ???? with license plate #???? and you are 4.92 all star driver. Also I can tell where you are from gps location.
Me: Umm.. even customer can know that too bro. Ok, how many trips have I conpleted this week? How much did I make this week? What is my driver license #?
Passenger: I am true Uber customer rep. One moment. I can't check your information from our system at the moment due to limited access. Would you please cancel the ride?
4 mins waiting passed..I am not stupid. No way I am going to be fooled by this @@@@@@.
Me: Ok, I will cancel for you. But I cant cancel since I am on the phone with you. I will do that as soon as we hang up.
Passenger: May I please you have your real phone # just in case something happens?
Me: You don't even have my phone #?
(LOL) I thought you are Uber customer rep.
Passenger: Blah blah blah. Making excuses..
Me: cut off his conversation and said :eek:k ok ok here is my # ???-???-????. (Fake#).
Passenger: trying to make up some bs.
I hung up the phone since 5 minutes have passed.
Cancel: Customer no show.
Hahaha this passenger thought I am a newbie idiot driver. Yummy cancellation fee.

Guys, please don't be fooled by it. just wait 5 mins.. stall his time and cancel for the free fee.

Last edited:

Fuber168

I accepted a ping at 1.8 boost in Ktown, 2 mins away. Arrived at the pick up location.
323 # called. Obviously assuming it is a passenger. Also checked customer's # as well.
Passenger: Hello, driver. My name is John, I am an Uber customer representative. The rider lost its network connection and he can't come to the pick up location. Our Uber system noticed its issue and letting you know to cancel the ride. Driver, do you know how to cancel a ride?
Passenger: Yes, please stop your car to the safest location. You are going to press right top corner, press cancel a ride then press no charge rider.
Me: Are you really an Uber customer representative? Out of 4k rides, no customer rep has ever contacted me through phone call.
Passenger: It is due to network issue passenger is having and we noticed from our side. We want to provide best quality of customer service to passnegers. I can prove it to you that I am an Uber rep. I can see that you have completed over 4k rides, drives the car ???? with license plate #???? and you are 4.92 all star driver. Also I can tell where you are from gps location.
Me: Umm.. even customer can know that too bro. Ok, how many trips have I conpleted this week? How much did I make this week? What is my driver license #?
Passenger: I am true Uber customer rep. One moment. I can't check your information from our system at the moment due to limited access. Would you please cancel the ride?
4 mins waiting passed..I am not stupid. No way I am going to be fooled by this ******.
Me: Ok, I will cancel for you. But I cant cancel since I am on the phone with you. I will do that as soon as we hang up.
Passenger: May I please you have your real phone # just in case something happens?
Me: cut off his conversation and said :eek:k ok ok here is my # ???-???-????. (Fake#).
Hahaha this passenger thought I am a newbie idiot driver. Yummy cancellation fee.

Guys, please don't be fooled by it. just wait 5 mins.. stall his time and cancel for the free fee.
Lol...I have riders threaten me to report to Uber if I dont cancel the ride. I also have riders threanten me to find me if I dont cancel the ride. My responses were all the same: If you do not show up in 5 mintues, for sure I will cancel the ride and Uber will charge you $5. In addition, you won't able to find me because my car is registered with a P. O. Box. You also cannot find my telephone number as well because is prepaid. hahahaha

Seriously drivers, please consider to register your car with a P. O. Box.

Be Safe!

Travis -k

Lol...I have riders threaten me to report to Uber if I dont cancel the ride. I also have riders threanten me to find me if I dont cancel the ride. My responses were all the same: If you do not show up in 5 mintues, for sure I will cancel the ride and Uber will charge you $5. In addition, you won't able to find me because my car is registered with a P. O. Box. You also cannot find my telephone number as well because is prepaid. hahahaha

Be Safe!
How did you register your car with a P.O? You can use a po box for mailing address only but your vehicle can not be registered to a point box, you should know your vehicles and Cdl are linked in the system, when a cop runs your plate it comes up with all your info including the address on your drivers license.

Kay1661

4 mins waiting passed..I am not stupid. No way I am going to be fooled by this ******.

this same thing happened to me.
I was directed to pull over and cancel ride.
I didn't believe it and said you cancel which he did not. I proceeded to pickup location.
I then asked him the name of the founder and former CEO of Uber. That's when he hung up on me and cancelled ride. I then received my cancell fee.
Don't fall for this

observer

How did you register your car with a P.O? You can use a po box for mailing address only but your vehicle can not be registered to a point box, you should know your vehicles and Cdl are linked in the system, when a cop runs your plate it comes up with all your info including the address on your drivers license.

As an FYI, if you have ever given a police officer your phone number for any purpose, they attach that number to your info that they keep on file.

Kay1661

Woon would know that this is a scam.
Because he probably is Uber's mouthpiece on this forum.
I hope I'm not being an @@@@@@@.
I just have a very strong feeling about this and I trust my intuition.

UberLaLa

Woon might be new but he ain't no foo...

Don't mess with The One You Can't Find :rolleyes:

Er umh...not sure how to say this, lest you look like well... The Woon is a real driver. Saw him at the UCLA game last night...and he wasn't carrying a football nor wearing an Uber T-shirt.

Fuber168

If you open up a P. O. Box in a different city other than your home address, DMV allows only the P. O. Box to show up on your registration. But then your home address is still shows up in the cop side. Be smart, use some address for Ubering.

Last edited:

Woon

Be Safe!
I never knew if you register your car with pobox. Can you really do that?
Yep... happened to me last week in DTLA.

Funny thing... the "rep" sounded more like a hood rat than Rajeeves.

I played him for 5 minutes until I could cancel no show and then reported it to Uber by phone.

I'm sure they get plenty of suckers
This guy who called me was African American
First time having conversation with a different ethnicity in Uber Support.
... You have trust issues toward me.
Woon might be new but he ain't no foo...

Don't mess with The One You Can't Find :rolleyes:

Er umh...not sure how to say this, lest you look like well... The Woon is a real driver. Saw him at the UCLA game last night...and he wasn't carrying a football nor wearing an Uber T-shirt.
Thanks lala