1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber cruel joke

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by JaniceCT, Sep 19, 2016.

1. JaniceCT

JaniceCT Well-Known Member

last week hartford area, lots of good morning rides and surges

Uber then sends out texts to everyone stating wake up early and work from 6am-8am to make $34 per hour. of course they know by sending out a mass text is going to increase the amount of drivers out there and in turn kill surges and lower the amount we all make. its like a cruel joke on the drivers

anyone attempt to pickup at that uconn football game? I tried that once last season and it was hell

2. tmwes

tmwes Member

Also curious about the UConn game. I actually have to work at it this Saturday for a fundraiser; figured when I was done I'd turn the app on and hope to give someone a ride back to campus.

3. mluber338

mluber338 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They have been sending out the same mails for Stamford mornings, claiming $35 gross hourly earnings, 5-8am...BS

4. Atom guy

Atom guy Well-Known Member

I do my best to avoid the events altogether. Occasionally I get stuck doing a drop off, but I never go for the pick ups. Too much traffic and confusion. There was some good surge action in Hartford/West Hartford late Saturday afternoon. Last week I got the most surge I've ever gotten in one week - over $50. That it was only about $50 is sad considering the surge drivers are getting in other markets.

5. tmwes

tmwes Member

I would never go either; but I'm going to be in the parking lot an hour or so after the game ends; so if I'm in there already...

6. Squirming Like A Toad

Squirming Like A Toad Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Told you, stay away from those unless you are local. Too many rookie drivers will be showing up to learn their lesson.