Uber Corporate Rider This Morning

romper996

Actually picked up a rider with Uber Corporate on the east coast this morning. I thought I was gonna get inspected. Dropped him off at the Mexican Consulate as he is being transferred to Mexico City. Astounded how little he know about Uber Houston, other than him saying Texas is the most difficult state to work in. He assumed we were making decent money, assumed the market ratio was decent. I let him in on the real deal.

Trebor

East Coast to the Mexican Consulate in Houston? How much was that fare?

Are you deactivated yet? Anyone who talks bad about Uber gets deactivated.

tripAces

Just shows how they don't really have local people that realy know Houston running things here.

Hope the locals toss him in Mexico City like they tossed the Uber cars last year.

ChortlingCrison

I think everyone in Uber Corporate are trained to act surprised when told the drivers are not making money. So I am not buying that he is surprised. He just may be surprised you told him.
I am waiting for the day they would actually say "Yes, we know."
I'm sure the down (months, maybe years) there will be former uber employees that speak out about uber's dirty laundry and such. Most of it we will know already, but it would be funny if one of them actually admitted some of their misdeeds.

Caplan121

When you can make more money signing people up to drive rather than driving yourself then you see whats really going on.

Richard Cranium

I'm sure the down (months, maybe years) there will be former uber employees that speak out about uber's dirty laundry and such. Most of it we will know already, but it would be funny if one of them actually admitted some of their misdeeds.
You heard it here first, I say within 5-10 years there will be a movie about the "ways" of Uber.

UberDriver72

Actually picked up a rider with Uber Corporate on the east coast this morning. I thought I was gonna get inspected. Dropped him off at the Mexican Consulate as he is being transferred to Mexico City. Astounded how little he know about Uber Houston, other than him saying Texas is the most difficult state to work in. He assumed we were making decent money, assumed the market ratio was decent. I let him in on the real deal.
And this is coming from somebody from the inside.

The Mollusk

Yeah , my thoughts exactly. The truth is going to be stranger than fiction.