• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Confort. Dont do it

Olddriver

At 1st look, Uber comfort appears to be a good deal for drivers, but look again. This is really NOT the case. The standards to qualify for Unet Comforr are extremely stringent, basically you must have a newer SELECT car, a better rating than the minimum select driver, be willing to provide extra defined services( quiet time, longer wait times, and temperature controlled air conditioning) for approximately 5% more than an UBERX fare, while Uber collects an additional 30% from the passenger
If you have such a car, as I do then you can get the extra 5 % while giving up your potential SELECT wages. Will you give up Select mileage to use your same car to drive COMFORT (slightly higher than UBERX) for less than half of your current Select rate? I think everyone that qualifies for COMFORT should request to opt of it and reject all Comfort requests in favor of a higher Select fare. This COMFORT option will only succeed in lowering your wages, adding more profits to UBER, and ultimately taking the Select fare away from drivers.
FYI, a 2012 Camry will still qualify for Select ( and not for Comfort) while oroviding more legroom than my 2017 Camry (that qualifies for both Select and Comfort.).
Please ignore all COMFORT requests, hold out for a Select fare, and request to opt out. Let's get rid of COMFORT.

Mido toyota

A camry shouldn't be on select, uber should cancel that select option and replace it with black or something, camry, sonatas, vw passat, etc aren't premium cars
Post automatically merged:

BTW I have a tahoe and I'm doing comfort

Olddriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A camry shouldn't be on select, uber should cancel that select option and replace it with black or something, camry, sonatas, vw passat, etc aren't premium cars

Apparently you entirely missed the point of my conversation. This is not a question of Camry versus Tahoe. It is an issue of passengers and Uber Getting a quality vehicle for 60 cents a mile instead of on $1..plus per mile. Are you willing to drive your Tahoe at comfort prices (slightly higher than Uberx) and give up your Select fare? Because believe me the passenger would be happy to get a Select quality vehicle at half price while the driver gets only an extra $1 or $2. If you want to continue doing COMFORT, the passengers and Uber will be happy to keep that extra revenue in their pockets while the "SELECT" drivers (be it a Tahoe or a Camry) go under driving for 60 cents
This is nothing personal. Nothing to do with what kind of car you are driving. It is an issue about how much money you make and how much money you are allowing Uber to keep.

Mido toyota

Are you willing to drive your Tahoe at comfort prices (slightly higher than Uberx) and give up your Select fare? Because believe me the passenger would be happy to get a Select quality vehicle at half price while the driver gets only an extra $1 or $2.
I already gave up on the select revenue all together, the comfort is more busy, and the people that do comfort, do tip heavily, maybe it's because of my car , maybe my personality,
And I have no issues with a certain car, but select, shouldn't have any mid size sedans, because it's not fair to put a Cadillac escalade on the same category with a 2012 camry, the costumer who gets in a camry isn't going to be as satisfied as while he gets in an escalade,
Nothing personal

Disgusted Driver

I don't think it really matters much, select is dead and this is just going to finish it off. Can't tell for sure yet but ir seems low select called have dropped off. I was doing 10 or 12 a week, I'm down to 4 or 5. I have barely been breaking 200 a week and obviously driving a lot less. They won't give me a proper answer but I have a 2013 Toyota Avalon and I'm guessing because of age it won't qualify for comfort. Totally bizarre since it does a nice job on select. Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over it. I drive just enough to write off all my miles and pay my vehicle expenses.

RaleighUber440

@Olddriver just wanted to make us more aware, that Comfort is another subtle pay cut and sneaky way of Uber getting us to work for less. I mean he's been with Uber for ages, I think he knows a pay cut when he sees one. Tips definitely help, but they also help out with UberX. A pay-cut is a pay-cut, tips or no tips.

Last edited:

Disgusted Driver

Just got the email list from them with the car list for Uber comfort. Apparently Uber can screw up a sunny day in April. I look at the list and notice first off, my car isn't listed. Toyota Avalon not there BUT Toyota Camry is there. The Avalon is larger and higher end. Second, 2014 is the oldest car. Mine is a 2013, qualifies for select BUT doesn't qualify for comfort. Makes no sense. Anything Select should be comfort but what do I know. All this is going to do is put a little more money in their pocket and cannibalize what little select business there is.

RaleighUber440

Just got the email list from them with the car list for Uber comfort. Apparently Uber can screw up a sunny day in April. I look at the list and notice first off, my car isn't listed. Toyota Avalon not there BUT Toyota Camry is there. The Avalon is larger and higher end. Second, 2014 is the oldest car. Mine is a 2013, qualifies for select BUT doesn't qualify for comfort. Makes no sense. Anything Select should be comfort but what do I know. All this is going to do is put a little more money in their pocket and cannibalize what little select business there is.
The one part about “Comfort” that Uber left out in this email, is that there’s more “Comfort” for them, instead of us.

Disgusted Driver

Holy CRAP! I just looked at the rates, it's a $3.58 booking fee!!! Select is 2.90 and X is 2.75, lets add another .83 cents on and stuff it in our pocket. So drivers are getting a min fare of $6.42 less 20 or 25% or roughly an extra buck over X fares. The time is better at 22 cents a minute (vs. 14 for X) and mileage is .87 compared to .76.

SO a little better for the X driver, maybe a buck or two more per ride for killing your nice car. A lot better for Uber at least $1.50 more per ride with increased price. That booking fee is just so over the top and indicative of their greed.

Olddriver

Holy CRAP! I just looked at the rates, it's a $3.58 booking fee!!! Select is 2.90 and X is 2.75, lets add another .83 cents on and stuff it in our pocket. So drivers are getting a min fare of $6.42 less 20 or 25% or roughly an extra buck over X fares. The time is better at 22 cents a minute (vs. 14 for X) and mileage is .87 compared to .76.

SO a little better for the X driver, maybe a buck or two more per ride for killing your nice car. A lot better for Uber at least $1.50 more per ride with increased price. That booking fee is just so over the top and indicative of their greed.

Actually the Uber take is 28%, the same as select. So on that minimum ride you're going to get $4.62. Unless you are a commercial driver, then you get $7.20.

Actually the Uber take is 28%, the same as select. So on that minimum ride you're going to get $4.62. Unless you are a commercial driver, then you get $7.20.

Roger in Canton

I'm sure the increase in booking fee is to cover the more expensive insurance on newer cars. You guy just don't understand Uber!

Olddriver

Wow, I don't understand Uber. I've been driving for them for 4 and a 1/2 years. I've completed 21000 rides. I drive over X now over comfort and Uber select. Uber X charges 2 75 4 booking fee, over select charges to 90 cama over comfort charges $3.58. It's all the same car. Oh by the way I have a commercial account with a Uber and I pay for the insurance not Uber. But I don't understand Uber.

Disgusted Driver

Wow, I don't understand Uber. I've been driving for them for 4 and a 1/2 years. I've completed 21000 rides. I drive over X now over comfort and Uber select. Uber X charges 2 75 4 booking fee, over select charges to 90 cama over comfort charges $3.58. It's all the same car. Oh by the way I have a commercial account with a Uber and I pay for the insurance not Uber. But I don't understand Uber.
So you are one of the ones that got in early and set yourself up so you keep the booking fee. I wish I had been smart enough to set myself that way, I would have driven more and made a lot more money when they raised the fees.

Olddriver

So you are one of the ones that got in early and set yourself up so you keep the booking fee. I wish I had been smart enough to set myself that way, I would have driven more and made a lot more money when they raised the fees.
Yes, I am one of the original livery drivers. But aware most of us took a lot of flack from drivers with standard accounts and we still have to pay all airport fees. Also, FYI, although Uber says there are to be no more livery accounts, I have met 2 new drivers with the commercial livery account. If you know who I am, contact me and I will discuss further.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Coming soon

Uber: Slighty more leg room than a camry slightly less leg room than a Sienna, nicer than a Honda, but not as nice as a mid range Plymouth used to be.

The number of options uber is putting in is just getting silly and insane,

RaleighUber440

It’s the only reason why I still drive to be perfectly honest. It helps out substantially. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they stopped offering it to new livery drivers, according to GreenHub. I think folks can still get commercial, but without the added and well deserved benefits. Everyone should be covered 24/7 in case of an unknown accident. Like for example, if a passenger walks out of the car, you end the trip, and then someone uninsured rear ends you from behind without the passenger in the car. What would you do? Everyone deserves to have insurance AND get paid extra per trip, and if everyone got this benefit, the turnover wouldn’t be half as bad. Goes back to the whole notion of raising the rates for the drivers. Ironically, a lot of the ones who have stayed on board are the ones who have this benefit.

Last edited:

Disgusted Driver

Yes, I am one of the original livery drivers. But aware most of us took a lot of flack from drivers with standard accounts and we still have to pay all airport fees. Also, FYI, although Uber says there are to be no more livery accounts, I have met 2 new drivers with the commercial livery account. If you know who I am, contact me and I will discuss further.
Thanks for the offer to help. 5 years ago ir would have been a great move for me but at this point I have other stuff I'm working on and I need to slow down a little so I wouldn't do enough rides to make it pay. Good for those of you that still have it, the extra dollars per hour make all the difference in the world.

bassplya

Glad your not the judge of what is considered “premium”!