• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber confirms cheap service through advertising

QLDUberDriver

As I was seeing the usual new ads in the Snapchat app, this screen shot below of what was part of an animation of happy people getting about town.

The thing that stood out for me was the top left corner. "Fast, affordable rides in minutes."

Although this is at least in better taste than the Tinder ad, its just another sign for me to work as much as I can to get out before the next lot of BS they introduce to lock you into poverty.

Meanwhile someone is about to post how they had sushi for lunch before they went go holidays from the Uber gold rush lol.

Screenshot_20170727-040514.png

QLDUberDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That doesn't sound right !!
In the other states the Qld Tourism Authority has partnered with uber and is showing:
"Fast affordable rape dates in minutes." :eek::eek:
Its pretty much deja u of what the taxi industry had become. Company rips off drivers, lower quality drivers work for companies, passengers are abusive etc etc. I believe all based on price. If they kept from dropping the rates and somehow kept drivers happy, standards wouldn't have dropped so rapidly.

The only positive about the assaults from certain drivers, is possibly some of these women might refrain from getting in an Uber so tanked after a few drinks.

Bandy

Its pretty much deja u of what the taxi industry had become. Company rips off drivers, lower quality drivers work for companies, passengers are abusive etc etc. I believe all based on price. If they kept from dropping the rates and somehow kept drivers happy, standards wouldn't have dropped so rapidly.

The only positive about the assaults from certain drivers, is possibly some of these women might refrain from getting in an Uber so tanked after a few drinks.
Of course, they have as much right to do so as anyone else does, but I get your point QUD...

Golfer

As I was seeing the usual new ads in the Snapchat app, this screen shot below of what was part of an animation of happy people getting about town.

The thing that stood out for me was the top left corner. "Fast, affordable rides in minutes."

Although this is at least in better taste than the Tinder ad, its just another sign for me to work as much as I can to get out before the next lot of BS they introduce to lock you into poverty.

Meanwhile someone is about to post how they had sushi for lunch before they went go holidays from the Uber gold rush lol.

Sud had a sore toe and looked for sympathy

Beep gave us a heart rendering story of marriage problems ,looking for sympathy

The mysterious Mobcat who I think went south not north ,and masquerades as Transporter 20 on the Syd. forum ,, has yet to look for sympathy but maybe they are " family " and din,t want to overdo the connection

Ones things certain "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" was not coined about these three