• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber coming to Townsville

QLDUberDriver

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/ridesharing-company-uber-sets-date-for-arrival-in-townsville-as-part-of-regional-push/news-story/b8e6c634f33ab52ff6f76f809a645c09

Ridesharing company Uber sets date for arrival in Townsville as part of regional push

AFTER years of speculation, ridesharing app Uber has officially set a date for its arrival in Townsville.

The company will today announce it plans to launch its uberX service in the city from March 16.

The increasingly popular app has been available for use in Brisbane since 2015 but a regulation overhaul by the Palaszczuk Government in September 2016 has paved the way for an expansion outside the southeast.

Ridesharing will launch in Cairns, Wollongong and the Hunter Valley on the same day.

Uber Queensland general manager Sam Bool said he was happy to answer calls from residents to bring the service up North.

“We’ve listened to the Townsville community and heard they want choice, competition and more transport options in the region,” he said.

“With the local economy in transition, the introduction of ridesharing will offer hundreds of Townsville locals the opportunity to earn income with the flexibility and dignity that comes with being their own boss.”

According to figures provided by Uber, tens of thousands of people have opened their app in the last 12 months.

More than 2000 residents have also shown an interest in registering as drivers and the month-long wait for the official launch will given them time to go through the State Government’s new checks and balances.

Belgian Gardens local Matt Wilson has been asking to drive for Uber for more than a year-and-a-half.

“I run my own business and travel a fair bit so I was really excited about the idea of getting the company up here,” he said.

Mr Wilson said he loved the flexibility of working for Uber and would be happy ferrying people around in his new Audi.

“I’m all for making extra revenue in my down time and ridesharing is an excellent way to do that,” he said.

“Townsville’s got the highest rate of unemployment so having that extra income for people between jobs is an awesome opportunity.”

All potential Uber drivers in Queensland must secure a Driver Authority and undergo a criminal history check. The company also requires that all cars be less than nine-years old, in good condition and checked by a third-party inspector.

QLDUberDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Golfer

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/ridesharing-company-uber-sets-date-for-arrival-in-townsville-as-part-of-regional-push/news-story/b8e6c634f33ab52ff6f76f809a645c09

Ridesharing company Uber sets date for arrival in Townsville as part of regional push

AFTER years of speculation, ridesharing app Uber has officially set a date for its arrival in Townsville.

The company will today announce it plans to launch its uberX service in the city from March 16.

The increasingly popular app has been available for use in Brisbane since 2015 but a regulation overhaul by the Palaszczuk Government in September 2016 has paved the way for an expansion outside the southeast.

Ridesharing will launch in Cairns, Wollongong and the Hunter Valley on the same day.

Uber Queensland general manager Sam Bool said he was happy to answer calls from residents to bring the service up North.

“We’ve listened to the Townsville community and heard they want choice, competition and more transport options in the region,” he said.

“With the local economy in transition, the introduction of ridesharing will offer hundreds of Townsville locals the opportunity to earn income with the flexibility and dignity that comes with being their own boss.”

According to figures provided by Uber, tens of thousands of people have opened their app in the last 12 months.

More than 2000 residents have also shown an interest in registering as drivers and the month-long wait for the official launch will given them time to go through the State Government’s new checks and balances.

Belgian Gardens local Matt Wilson has been asking to drive for Uber for more than a year-and-a-half.

“I run my own business and travel a fair bit so I was really excited about the idea of getting the company up here,” he said.

Mr Wilson said he loved the flexibility of working for Uber and would be happy ferrying people around in his new Audi.

“I’m all for making extra revenue in my down time and ridesharing is an excellent way to do that,” he said.

“Townsville’s got the highest rate of unemployment so having that extra income for people between jobs is an awesome opportunity.”

All potential Uber drivers in Queensland must secure a Driver Authority and undergo a criminal history check. The company also requires that all cars be less than nine-years old, in good condition and checked by a third-party inspector.

Todays Courier Mail (Bris) page 15 Uber seems to be slipping back page wise Quote Uber claims more than 100,ooo have opened the app in Townsville and Cairns and more than 5000 people have expressed interest in becoming a driver in the two cities . March the 16th is the date set by Sam Bool. I have been two both cities 5000 drivers ummm and some here think we have too many drivers

QLDUberDriver

Todays Courier Mail (Bris) page 15 Uber seems to be slipping back page wise Quote Uber claims more than 100,ooo have opened the app in Townsville and Cairns and more than 5000 people have expressed interest in becoming a driver in the two cities . March the 16th is the date set by Sam Bool. I have been two both cities 5000 drivers ummm and some here think we have too many drivers
The higher the unemployment in an area the greater the numbers to recruit those who are uninformed. Great profit for Uber when they open.

Super Uber Driver

Confirmation from an expert exploiter. Uber approves your support.
Looks like QLDUberDriver isn't it keeping up with current events. It's time again for facts :
Fact----Townsville has high unemployment
Fact----Townsville has a large military base with foreign troops coming & going
Fact----Cairns is backpacker Capital of Queensland
Fact----People love Uber but hate Taxis

QLDUberDriver

Looks like QLDUberDriver isn't it keeping up with current events. It's time again for facts :
Fact----Townsville has high unemployment
Fact----Townsville has a large military base with foreign troops coming & going
Fact----Cairns is backpacker Capital of Queensland
Fact----People love Uber but hate Taxis
FACT----Perfect for Taxi business like your to florish because there are not that many cabs compared to Bris
FACT---- All of your facts relate to worker pool that can be underpaid.

If Townsville has such high unemployment, shouldn't that reduce those that can afford to even ride ultra cheap Ubers?

All backpackers are ultra cheapos so go on your employee list. Military base is how large?

Super Uber Driver

FACT----Perfect for Taxi business like your to florish because there are not that many cabs compared to Bris
FACT---- All of your facts relate to worker pool that can be underpaid.

If Townsville has such high unemployment, shouldn't that reduce those that can afford to even ride ultra cheap Ubers?

All backpackers are ultra cheapos so go on your employee list. Military base is how large?
You still don't get it. Overseas tourists say lets catch a uber, the word Taxi is disappearing from our language.
Its an open World economy people are embracing ridebooking. Good luck to the Uber guys in North Queensland.

QLDUberDriver

You still don't get it. Overseas tourists say lets catch a uber, the word Taxi is disappearing from our language.
Its an open World economy people are embracing ridebooking. Good luck to the Uber guys in North Queensland.
Who was disputing Uber ever expanding or mentioned anything taxi related again? The only one who experiences any fantasy worlds it has to be you.

Governments dont encourage any new expansion of Uber, they just follow on the backs of the public demand so they can stay employed in office.

Who is John Galt?

Author
"Uber Queensland general manager Sam Bool said he was happy to answer calls from residents to bring the service up North."

Hilarious!
Sam Bool would not take calls from uber drivers. Why in god's name would he take calls from mere residents?

Lowestformofwit

Looks like we haven't been flushing properly, fellas.
That big chunk is still floating in the bowl here.
SUD - people may prefer Uber, but they don't necessarily hate taxis. That's your one-trick pony act, as ever.
Back to your farm, you two-bit yokel!

Last edited:

QLDUberDriver

Looks like we haven't been flushing properly, fellas.
That big chunk is still floating in the bowl here.
SUD - people may prefer Uber, but they don't necessarily hate taxis. That's your one-trick pony act, as ever.
Back to your farm, you two-bit yokel!
SUDS Selling pillows now through her driver fleet. Not online because that would cost money.

DSC_0410_RETOUCHED_SQUARE.JPG

Last edited:

Super Uber Driver

Townsville, Cairns & Rockhampton are Labor electorates. Labor legalised ridebooking it makes sense to be there before the next election.

Lets face it ridebooking is a vote winner.

Super Uber Driver

Great news actually. The Brisbane Pax will be able to catch uber in the North & when N.Q. Pax travel south they will catch us.
As the word gets around, we will go from strength to strength.