• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Comfort Comes to San Diego

Oscar Levant

Got an email this morning telling me I’m elligable for Uber Comfort...a new economy ride option for up to 4 passengers with riders willing to pay a higher price for that fare.

Uber claims higher fares than X, passengers can request temperature and up to 10 minute waiting time at the airport.

And the rates for this service?

$0.6525 per mile, $0.225 per minute and $0.2325 waiting time.

View attachment 334477

Service goes live at 1200 today in San Diego.

View attachment 334479

0948: Edit live time from 1500 to 1200. Live time is 1500 EDT.

I get 70 cents and 24 cents per minute, but I've been driving since 2013, when the rates were higher.

Transportador

I took my first Comfort from Hotel Del Coronado to SAN.

Rider paid $28, I received $14.90, about $3 more than X.

Got a Comfort rematch to Hawthorne Street. Figures, minimum fare $4.72, rider paid $12.55.

Looking further, I see that the Rider Fee out of SAN has jumped for the second time in ten days. It’s now $3.60.
What car do you drive?

PioneerXi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No. 5 seats, X only.

Uber Comfort is a match for my vehicle for the legroom.

Disclaimers: I had the car before coming to Uber. 22mpg City, 35 mpg highway. Best 44mph/50 miles. Worst 18.7mpg/50 miles.

PioneerXi

STOP THE CLOCK!

I wondered how long it would be before Uber screwed me.

Elapsed time: 15 hours.

Ping this morning at 0550 from Sycuan. I was at Alpine and the fog wasn’t that thick- I saw Comfort.

Pickup, destination SAN. I’m doing maths down the range thinking this might reach $45 payout. Drop off and check the payout.

The ride was Uber X rates.

Now I have to screenshot every Comfort ping.

#assholes

Lonely Planet

STOP THE CLOCK!

I wondered how long it would be before Uber screwed me.

Elapsed time: 15 hours.

Ping this morning at 0550 from Sycuan. I was at Alpine and the fog wasn’t that thick- I saw Comfort.

Pickup, destination SAN. I’m doing maths down the range thinking this might reach $45 payout. Drop off and check the payout.

The ride was Uber X rates.

Now I have to screenshot every Comfort ping.

#assholes
Uber X and Comfort rates are not that much different.

PioneerXi

Uber X and Comfort rates are not that much different.
Go ahead and cut me a check for the difference. I’ll wait.

If it was my error, Ill accept it. However, Uber, historically, had multiple issues where earnings have been changed.

The couple of dollars taken from me multiplied by number of ants equals $$$$$.

Transportador

You know Uber is so messed up when launching a new product. Those could have been just regular X rides mislabeled as Comfort. Did you check what the pax paid?

PioneerXi

Did you check what the pax paid?
Can’t tell. They paid an amount almost halfway between X and Comfort. There was no surge either. I have to give Uber this one (I hate doing that) due to my...lack of screenshot.

AIRPORT

I was interested to see how Comfort operates with the airport. I dropped off, without rematch, at 0655, and headed to the pen (don’t shoot me)

At 0700:
  • 17 planes on 19 routes arriving between 0700 and 0800.
  • Uber X showing 35-40 (probable 90 minute wait)
  • Select showing 1-5.
At 0720:
  • Uber X showing 16-20.
  • Comfort ping received from T1 for PLNU
I’m calling that a win. Comfort will let you jump ahead.

I returned to the pen at 0800:
  • 23 planes on 27 routes arriving between 0800 and 0900.
  • Uber X showing 65-70 (potentially 2.5-3 hours)
  • Select showing 5-10.
At 0920:
  • Uber X showing 16-20.
  • Comfort ping received from Machester Grand Hyatt pulled me out for a long trip to Anaheim.
I’m calling that a draw. I didn’t jump far enough ahead of X for the time lost in the pen. The Comfort ping pulled me out of the cue also.

It’s a loss if not for the long trip.

Your investigations may vary.

Transportador

Can’t tell. They paid an amount almost halfway between X and Comfort. There was no surge either. I have to give Uber this one (I hate doing that) due to my...lack of screenshot.
Can't you just dispute the trip payout based on the trip type right in the trip record? You don't need a screenshot for that. If they show it's a Comfort trip and the fare calculation used the wrong rate, you've got them.

PioneerXi

I disputed it and they said I was incorrect, it was only an X. I couldn’t take it further without something to stand on.

Coming back from Anaheim this afternoon I accepted what I thought was X, it was Comfort. Carlsbad to La Mesa.

I’m calling it a draw on my missing money but I’m going to have to watch and screenshot every Comfort.

Transportador

You know the youngsters working at Uber have no clue!!! Bunches of idiots. During the occupation of Korea by the Japanese, they enslaved thousands of "Comfort Women" for the pleasure of their troops. To call this new ride service "Comfort" makes me cringe. It really means drivers are getting raped. Period.

Go F yourself Uber! Stoopid asses.

Hornplayer

I disputed it and they said I was incorrect, it was only an X. I couldn’t take it further without something to stand on.

Coming back from Anaheim this afternoon I accepted what I thought was X, it was Comfort. Carlsbad to La Mesa.

I’m calling it a draw on my missing money but I’m going to have to watch and screenshot every Comfort.
How do you screenshot an iPhone?
Post automatically merged:

BTW, *IS* there a detailed list of Comfort-qualified cars?

I live/drive in San Diego, my car is a 2019 Honda Accord.

UBER's article on Comfort rides, cities they're in (San Diego is named) etc. Dated July 9, 2019. No list of qualified cars that I could find.

Last edited:

Transportador

How do you screenshot an iPhone?
Post automatically merged:

BTW, *IS* there a detailed list of Comfort-qualified cars?

I live/drive in San Diego, my car is a 2019 Honda Accord.

UBER's article on Comfort rides, cities they're in (San Diego is named) etc. Dated July 9, 2019. No list of qualified cars that I could find.
Tap and hold the power button and home button simultaneously

Follow the link in the in app message or the email they sent out about Comfort. There’s a link to the car list