• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Comfort Comes to San Diego

PioneerXi

Got an email this morning telling me I’m elligable for Uber Comfort...a new economy ride option for up to 4 passengers with riders willing to pay a higher price for that fare.

Uber claims higher fares than X, passengers can request temperature and up to 10 minute waiting time at the airport.

And the rates for this service?

$0.6525 per mile, $0.225 per minute and $0.2325 waiting time.

63C87073-B4CC-4E27-9714-0C013671E366.png

Service goes live at 1200 today in San Diego.

2082D1BC-736C-45DD-A230-B0D676EFB7E8.png

0948: Edit live time from 1500 to 1200. Live time is 1500 EDT.

Last edited:

PioneerXi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Don’tswiminpools is correct.

I logged in on a laptop to get the correct fares.

Long pickup: variable.

$0.72 per mile, $0.2736 per minute, wait time $0.432, minimum fare $4.71, cancellation fee $7.20.

I looked at the variation in price for passengers.

From El Cajon to SAN:

Uber X: $40.73
Comfort: $47.59

CJfrom619

Got an email this morning telling me I’m elligable for Uber Comfort...a new economy ride option for up to 4 passengers with riders willing to pay a higher price for that fare.

Uber claims higher fares than X, passengers can request temperature and up to 10 minute waiting time at the airport.

And the rates for this service?

$0.6525 per mile, $0.225 per minute and $0.2325 waiting time.

View attachment 334477

Service goes live at 1200 today in San Diego.

View attachment 334479

0948: Edit live time from 1500 to 1200. Live time is 1500 EDT.
Do you know the qualifiers? What makes you eligible to give these rides? Im sure an email would be the notification but is car year or ratings a factor?

Don't swim in pools

Do you know the qualifiers? What makes you eligible to give these rides? Im sure an email would be the notification but is car year or ratings a factor?
Easiest way to check without an actual detailed car list. Bring up pax app while online and select comfort. If your car shows up you are gtg.

Transportador

Uber sent it in an email. You'll need a 4.85 and above rating along with the right cars. Seems like the cars are Select requirements.

Don't swim in pools

Uber sent it in an email. You'll need a 4.85 and above rating along with the right cars. Seems like the cars are Select requirements.
So they are essentially cutting select. If you offer a next tier for cheaper, but the qualifications are premium, it's a rate cut.

Man I'm sorry for select drivers. They will be the new comfort once pax catch on.

PioneerXi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I took my first Comfort from Hotel Del Coronado to SAN.

Rider paid $28, I received $14.90, about $3 more than X.

Got a Comfort rematch to Hawthorne Street. Figures, minimum fare $4.72, rider paid $12.55.

Looking further, I see that the Rider Fee out of SAN has jumped for the second time in ten days. It’s now $3.60.