• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Clamping Down on Declining Rides?

Alloverthemap

The past two days I've been asked to accept the next ride or have to log in again. Now I do decline my fair share of requests, but not excessively (I don't think, anyway). It feels like Uber is trying to inconvenience me for not jumping at the rides they're sending me in a proportion they would like.

Happening elsewhere?

itendstonight

The past two days I've been asked to accept the next ride or have to log in again. Now I do decline my fair share of requests, but not excessively (I don't think, anyway). It feels like Uber is trying to inconvenience me for not jumping at the rides they're sending me in a proportion they would like.

Happening elsewhere?
You’re an independent contractor, decline ALL rides that you want!

TheCount

Always been that way. Decline 3 in a row, get logged out. Why would they keep sending you rides if you keep rejecting?
I've been taken offline for declining three, but not logged off.

Most irritating was I declined three off-airport rides while in the airport queue, got taken offline and went from 1-5 in queue ahead to 16-20 in queue ahead when I went back online.

BigBadJohn

Yup. Yesterday 1st time ever they signed me out. Totally forgot my password, tried to retrieve it but it wouldn't get any further than "forgot password nimrod?" Had to go home and dig thru laptop to find my login password. Never had it happen before. Uber getting pissed that I dont accept any of their 45+ mile runs in the opposite direction of my home or low rated pax or 15+ miles to pick up pax to go 1/2 mile. Oh well.....it was fun while it lasted...yeah, right..

tmart

Happening elsewhere?
What's the lowest acceptance rating have you ever had and does it really matter

peteyvavs

Happening elsewhere?
This is to stop cherry pickers from stiffing other drivers with less profitable rides. Declining rides excessively hurts other drivers.

The Gift of Fish

Happening elsewhere?

Zaarc

they really shouldn't count 45+ or long pickup declines against us. Or at least weight them, like make it count half when they do the percentage calculations.But first they have to fix the "OOPS Something went wrong" declination. That one REALLY irks me.

Nats121

Happening elsewhere?
They've started doing it here in DC.
Post automatically merged:

Always been that way. Decline 3 in a row, get logged out. Why would they keep sending you rides if you keep rejecting?
It hasn't always been that way. They'd take drivers offline but the drivers would still be signed in.

Now they're taking the additional steps of signing drivers out and changing the settings on the app.

Last edited: