UBER choking me out

PDT

I want to post a few observations/thoughts and will do so later. For now, let's just say UBER doesn't really want me to drive-they are trying to make me quit.
Case in point: went back on-line at 10pm. Sitting on Wisc ave.-busy area- 7-8 Uber's have rolled up. ME: no f'ing ping. AT. All.

roadman

here are my observations:

uber is shit, pax are shit, the investors in uber are shit, the employees of uber are shit, the glitchy uber app is shit, pool is shit, upfront is shit, uber bribes are shit, MD PSC is shit, VA DOT is shit, DC roads are shit, Uber support is shit, Trip swap to prevent Quest is shit, Uber drivers drive like shit, pax smell like shit, boost is shit, quest is shit, rates are shit, etc.

I think you get the point.

Youmadpax

Taking a shot to you roadman. When I was on the road I was depressed. At home with my liquor and secondary fun booster I'm chill as a clam. I guffaw at those on the road at this point in time. Love you guys uber on? Naaaaaa. Thhis is FUBBBER!!

yankdog

Taking a shot to you roadman. When I was on the road I was depressed. At home with my liquor and secondary fun booster I'm chill as a clam. I guffaw at those on the road at this point in time. Love you guys uber on? Naaaaaa. Thhis is FUBBBER!!
Drunk shuffling?

New2This

uber is shit, pax are shit, the investors in uber are shit, the employees of uber are shit, the glitchy uber app is shit, pool is shit, upfront is shit, uber bribes are shit, MD PSC is shit, VA DOT is shit, DC roads are shit, Uber support is shit, Trip swap to prevent Quest is shit, Uber drivers drive like shit, pax smell like shit, boost is shit, quest is shit, rates are shit, etc.

Don't hold back bro. Tell us how you really feel

ZMvcjb7.gif

Youmadpax

I'm gonna order a uber. Get in puke on the floor, light a cig, change the station, do a bump, get a blowy, call me 5 fat chick friends to pile up, and it's going to be a five block ride. I will then tell uber that my driver undressed me with his eyes and I feared for my virginity. Thus demanding a full refund for my 4 dollar ride. Then I will disclose that my driver reeked of desperation for money to feed his 10 kids that reside behind the dumpster knowing that the only food they have is provided by lyft. I wonder if the CEO would bribe me with skittle and free pool passes. Where my pool boys at

yankdog

I'm gonna order a uber. Get in puke on the floor, light a cig, change the station, do a bump, get a blowy, call me 5 fat chick friends to pile up, and it's going to be a five block ride. I will then tell uber that my driver undressed me with his eyes and I feared for my virginity. Thus demanding a full refund for my 4 dollar ride. Then I will disclose that my driver reeked of desperation for money to feed his 10 kids that reside behind the dumpster knowing that the only food they have is provided by lyft. I wonder if the CEO would bribe me with skittle and free pool passes. Where my pool boys at
But would you tip him?

PDT

So, you're saying there's a chance?

I want to post a few observations/thoughts and will do so later. For now, let's just say UBER doesn't really want me to drive-they are trying to make me quit.
Case in point: went back on-line at 10pm. Sitting on Wisc ave.-busy area- 7-8 Uber's have rolled up. ME: no f'ing ping. AT. All.

Still in 1.6 boost: So, after 35 mins wait got a ping/ride was 1.4 miles drive. At drop got a ping 1.5 miles away. That was a 2 mile drive. Got pinged (outside the boost area_obvs) -tbT took me to Logan circle. Cool. Then, got 2 minimum rate rides (hottest chick of the night).
Then, last ride, and also for the (quest) win-a Crappy ride to Pg county to end my night. 30 min ride home.

yankdog

So, you're saying there's a chance?

Still in 1.6 boost: So, after 35 mins wait got a ping/ride was 1.4 miles drive. At drop got a ping 1.5 miles away. That was a 2 mile drive. Got pinged (outside the boost area_obvs) -tbT took me to Logan circle. Cool. Then, got 2 minimum rate rides (hottest chick of the night).
Then, last ride, and also for the (quest) win-a Crappy ride to Pg county to end my night. 30 min ride home.
I have zero clue if my strategy here works but this what I do when this happens to me. I severely mix up my usual pattern. I drive to where I work infrequently. Try to break whatever pattern Uber's algorithm has for you.

I don't know for sure but it's often discussed here. Uber's algorithm is design to squeeze you by your genitalia to see how far they can go before you just quit then they suck you back in with a decent quest or something. Social engineering at it's finest. You are a monkey in a cage. Change up the routine. I find it works for me but have no empirical evidence

Bluecrab

I have zero clue if my strategy here works but this what I do when this happens to me. I severely mix up my usual pattern. I drive to where I work infrequently. Try to break whatever pattern Uber's algorithm has for you.

I don't know for sure but it's often discussed here. Uber's algorithm is design to squeeze you by your genitalia to see how far they can go before you just quit then they suck you back in with a decent quest or something. Social engineering at it's finest. You are a monkey in a cage. Change up the routine. I find it works for me but have no empirical evidence

The Costanza strategy!

Do The Opposite.

koyotemohn

Funniest ish I read all day. I owe u beer for making me chortle.