Uber charges 39, and pays me 9

dryverjohn

Wait for the, "what is wrong with this, you were paid based upon the agreed upon amount for time and distance" I noticed that you had a 2.0x surge as well. You think you are mad now, that is about to become $1.25 for surge with the same $39 charged to the passenger. Say goodbye to the high life, your pay will drop again, most likely pre-ipo. Welcome to Uber. Trolls must be sleeping in this morning, too busy with coke and @@@@@s with all the money the Uber employees are going to make on the IPO. Screen shot reposted on twitter, while I take my morning shit on Uber.

NOXDriver

Ubers job is to get the customer. Your job is to drive them. You have the easier part and have no interaction with customer other than the actual ride.

Maybe if you provide tech support, develop an app, deal with State legislatures, advertise, pay employees AND contractors you'd have a legit claim to more money.

Invisible

Ubers job is to get the customer. Your job is to drive them. You have the easier part and have no interaction with customer other than the actual ride.
Drivers use their personal vehicle, pay for gas, pay for repairs, pay for additional insurance for R/S and pay for more car washes and cleaning supplies they than would if they weren’t doing R/S. Most importantly, they are driving the customers safely to their destination. Without drivers, whose going to pickup those pax. Drivers deserve more of the cut.

As for drivers having no interaction other than the ride, the customers first human contact with Uber is the IC drivers. Customers are getting rides through the app, not calling Uber.

Therefore, customer interaction with a driver is crucial. It can make them take another Uber ride or not. Just imagine if customers had to call Uber to schedule a ride, they’d hang up if customer service were anything like the support line.

Last edited:

touberornottouber

Readers will see Uber overcharges pax. They will demand lower fares. I gues better the pax keep it than uber
Exactly and that is one way drivers can attack these scumbags. The next time you see a passenger complaining about a high surge for an event on twitter or facebook what you do is tweet them a screenshot showing that the driver only got 20% of it and then say something like, "Gee, if the driver only got $15 why did they charge the passenger $98?"

Ubermcbc

Maybe if you provide tech support, develop an app, deal with State legislatures, advertise, pay employees AND contractors you'd have a legit claim to more money.
No drivers sign up to work on the upfront pricing strategy. One day If was forced on them before going online. The taxi industry didn't come up with the $2 per mile rates. There is a logic behind it. Main purpose is to have a study income for vehicle owners on their investment, cover daily business expenses/insurance, and reasonable income for the drivers. Try to find which year those $2 per mile rates were implemented. It was before guber's birth. Guber's been around for 10 years now. Check the current rates of how much this shitiest company guber is paying to the drivers and you have a nerve to take their side. Most likely you are on their payroll. The pay is almost 1/3 and you have to cover all 3 aspects the one i described. How the hell you can do that? In a long run, drivers are bound to fail if they keep working. I have data of my own driving experience after 15k+ trips with guber and 12k trips in taxi. The deal when drivers sign up to become guber drivers was supposed to be 80-20 or 75-25 ratio, NOT 30/70. Gubers days are numbered. No matter how much they try, they are bound to fail. I am glad this is happening. Now if they continue the same 30/70 or 40/60 ratio practice, they will loose more drivers and have to burn more investors cash to hire new drivers, means LESS REVENUE, MORE LOSES. If they charge more, gryft or some other company or even taxi or private lemo will take their business. Means, LESS REVENUE, MORE LOSES. The original investors will get out after ipo as soon as they find an opportunity to dump the stocks. The new ipo stockholders will put pressure for profitability which will never happen. Bottom line is, per miles rates shouldn't be less than 1.50 for the drivers. Guber and gryft screwed up big time.

Last edited:

No Prisoners

People please understand the paid trolls are here to devide and conquer. Evidently they're getting nervous and now don't even try to mask their position.
Just ignore and concentrate on spreading information.
Now they're on a race to IPO. But thereafter as stock value falls so will their access to additional capital. In the meantime keep chipping at the rock.
Tweet, emal, verbalize, make sure you employ all resources to promulgate evidence.
Trust me it will make a huge difference.
Don't be intimidated. They're worried.

IR12

People please understand the paid trolls are here to devide and conquer. Evidently they're getting nervous and now don't even try to mask their position.
Just ignore and concentrate on spreading information.
Now they're on a race to IPO. But thereafter as stock value falls so will their access to additional capital. In the meantime keep chipping at the rock.
Tweet, emal, verbalize, make sure you employ all resources to promulgate evidence.
Trust me it will make a huge difference.
Don't be intimidated. They're worried.
Scandalous.

No Prisoners

View attachment 312036
Post automatically merged:

Come on Uber. You suck
Thanks for your providing your attachment and comments.
An old friend who's a well known contributor and blogger for Barrons and FT online just sent me the following "DRAFT" which will be going out tomorrow. He's well respected and has a great following through multiple publications that pickup his commentaries. He is editing it tonight for release tomorrow.

"Uber's business is inherently flawed as it depends on a system of systematic reductions to fares paid to drivers and increasing the percentage kept by the platform. Therefore, most drivers quit within a year. The churning ratio is abysmal.

When riders pay surge pricing the amounts paid to drivers are not proportionate.
Uber charges riders based on algorithm data metrix collected from passengers, battery power remaining on device, location, data analytics. Uber is known for collecting all kinds of information through the rider app.

Imagine a utility company surging rates based on private data collected. The electric power rates increase when exercising, a woman goes into labor, or a diabetic having a meal. Naturally body temperature rises so if the power company tracks your habits it knows when your body temperature rises and could price gouge you accordingly.

This is not allowed for utility companies. Yet Uber gets away with implementing a form of price gouging system while undercutting drivers.

Unfortunately, riders see drivers as the culprit without realizing that Uber arbitrarily raises prices when passengers are most desperate. Yet drivers get a relatively small percentage.

Today most drivers are paid .60 per mile and .13 per minute while riders, when surging, pay astronomical rates to Uber under the new upfront price scheme.

The irony is that after using drivers for its growth, Uber's ultimate goal is to displace drivers with autonomous vehicles. That is an atrocity.