• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber: changing trip destination

Jack Malarkey

From the local Uber newsletter (‘On the road in Canberra’) of 19 June 2019:

Did you know?
Both you and your rider can edit the destination of a trip. If needed:
  • Tap on the black navigation bar at the top of your screen
  • You'll see a list of turn-by-turn directions
  • Scroll all the way to the bottom
  • The last direction is actually a destination - which you can tap to edit!
[end of extract]

Jack Malarkey comments:

Updating the destination is not as important in Canberra as it is in the larger cities (with the exception of Brisbane).

That’s because we’re fortunate not to to have up-front fares in Canberra: trips are always paid on actual time and actual distance once the minimum fare of $7.45 has been passed.

Riders in Canberra receive only an estimate of the fare expressed as a range.

Last edited:

Jack Malarkey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you would like your rider to add or change a destination and they don’t know how to:

Get them to swipe upwards on their open Uber trip.

The first option is ADD or CHANGE. They will get multiple lines to add the STOPS in the order they wish.

The last stop is their destination.

The driver’s app will then ping with UPDATE, and you simply CONFIRM each stop as you arrive. The GPS will then guide you to next stop and so on.

Last edited:
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know I could do this until they sent the message out. It's been nice. shame we can't add stops. Or can we?

I like to do it just so I don't get wonky pings for the wrong destination. Changing it means you might get a pickup next to your actual destination.

Jack Malarkey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't know I could do this until they sent the message out. It's been nice. shame we can't add stops. Or can we?

I like to do it just so I don't get wonky pings for the wrong destination. Changing it means you might get a pickup next to your actual destination.
Drivers can’t add additional stops up front. All you can do is change the destination.

I have found it helpful to stop new trips if you know you will be making more changes to the destination to prevent additional trip requests coming through on the way.

Yep, good advice. Been doing that since it started counting rejections (again). Still, most of my declines are after I ask my passenger and they want an extra stop. Be really helpful if they made the extra-stop option easier (e.e. if they asked, before asking for stop, it it was one or more than one).

Most passengers do not understand multiple stops. Which is not a big deal, but I would think that one extra click would be worth it.

Wrenn

Drivers can’t add additional stops up front. All you can do is change the destination.

I have found it helpful to stop new trips if you know you will be making more changes to the destination to prevent additional trip requests coming through on the way.
Post automatically merged:

How do you stop new trips coming through?

Wrenn

Definitely. It’s very helpful if you want to finish up after that trip or have a toilet break or if you need to refuel the car.
So technically it puts you offline as soon as the trip finishes and no requests come through during the trip?I wish i knew about this earlier?