Uber changes the rules.

Hans GrUber

i mentioned how this was easy to see in the DE beach market, uber surging areas AROUND areas of high demand to lure drivers. So I'm at Oregon steaks and I start getting hammered with requests for 20 minutes at xfinity live. No surge. Then surge comes up.
IMG_0062.PNG
Clearly not an area of high demand, just trying to lure drivers to xfinity. This is a clear contradiction of what they define surge. Making matters worse, it finally DOES start surging. Gets up to a 1.4 and I keep getting rapid fire requests, all with surge. Then I get a "long trip" request, but with no surge. So now it looks like long trips are exempt from surge?

So yeah, Bobby747, I am depressed bc I don't like getting screwed or trying to be taken advantage of. I'm REALLY depressed bc even though I see through all this shit the only recourse is quitting. If this was 10 years ago and I drove people for a living I could have raised a family and owned a house. Not so today. I know it's going to get worse before it gets better, bc philly drivers are desperate and won't stand up like they have in other markets. So, yeah, depressed.

Ardery

i mentioned how this was easy to see in the DE beach market, uber surging areas AROUND areas of high demand to lure drivers. So I'm at Oregon steaks and I start getting hammered with requests for 20 minutes at xfinity live. No surge. Then surge comes up.
View attachment 163287
Clearly not an area of high demand, just trying to lure drivers to xfinity. This is a clear contradiction of what they define surge. Making matters worse, it finally DOES start surging. Gets up to a 1.4 and I keep getting rapid fire requests, all with surge. Then I get a "long trip" request, but with no surge. So now it looks like long trips are exempt from surge?

So yeah, Bobby747, I am depressed bc I don't like getting screwed or trying to be taken advantage of. I'm REALLY depressed bc even though I see through all this shit the only recourse is quitting. If this was 10 years ago and I drove people for a living I could have raised a family and owned a house. Not so today. I know it's going to get worse before it gets better, bc philly drivers are desperate and won't stand up like they have in other markets. So, yeah, depressed.
long trips are absolutely not exempt from surge. I got 2 this week.

View attachment 163287

easy Hans. we all have our good weeks and bad weeks. don't throw in the towel buddy. keep with it.

Hans GrUber

Thanks Bobby747 and Ardery. Now I'm off to pickup a long trip 12 minutes away from me at 4:40am in. Cc with no surge.

On the plus side, it's a vipuberx, so I'm kind of flattered they chose me! :wink:

Nitedriver

Ohh bro, I wake up and all I hear is first my partner complaining, then I go on the board...complaints again... I had a great Saturday ending with a long trip to Bucks county (on a surge) and getting me home with DF plus tip. I am exhausted but happy !!!

Ardery

Hans and everybody else,

you're not always going to have surge on every ride.

just relax and drive.

if you're having a crap day, go home and take rest of day off.

Friday I made $250 in 8 hours. half the rides were surge, not all.

I've had absolute crap days and super great days. I basically work Monday about 4 hours, or whenever I get to $100. Tues-Wed I work about 6-7 hours, or whenever I get to $150. Thu-Fri I work til I get to between $200-250.

im not killing myself working 12 hours a day anymore. I don't need to. I'm in a two income household.

Hans GrUber

Yeah, I'll try to point out uber problems without losing my mind on here... btw, follow up to that VipUberX trip... amazing but crummy too. The bad? A trip to the nightmare that is JFK on Sunday morning. Add to that I was really tired and had never been there before and it was rough.

The AMAZING? My ex and I had this running joke about a certain EDM artist/DJ we really liked. About halfway through the trip I put together that I was DRIVING HIM! It was really cool, especially the process of going from "great, VIP" to "No, it can't be..." to "Omg, it's him!". Cool to drive a celebrity, especially a nice one. Got a picture, he instagrammed a video of us, and he tipped $20. Good guy!

Drive back sucked though. Not doing that again unless it's Charles Barkley.