1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber CEO says the company is on track for a 2019 IPO - The plan to screw the drivers (video)

Discussion in 'News' started by jocker12, May 30, 2018.

1. jocker12

jocker12 Well-Known Member

Dara Khosrowshahi got hired by the investors to deliver to them an IPO at $120 billion Uber valuation.

Some of his BS:
    "We are a company that is going to be defining urban mobility going forward, and really what we working right now is to build out the safest mobility platform on earth."

"Uberizing the freight brokerage business is incredibly interesting. We'll do it for lower margins, and the dollars will go in the pockets of the shippers, and all the truckers and we will make some money as well. if you take that forward in the age of automation, where trucks are driven autonomously at least on a highway, you get to a pretty interesting business in the B to B space as well. So, again, that's another bet that we're making, but the early results are actually pretty encouraging for us. " (Yeah right, if you consider the fatal accident in Tempe, where Elaine Herzberg was killed by an Uber self driving car, is very encouraging Dara. Very encouraging!)

"Second is, you have to get single people out of cars, and this is where car sharing becomes very important, but also becomes where pooling, getting multiple people into a vehicle becomes incredibly important, and we are investing hundreds of millions of dollars in essentially cutting prices in order for more and more consumers to share the rides, because is not something that socially yet is acceptable."

"Ebikes make you feel like superman"

Khosrowshahi is set to earn $120 million if Uber goes public at a $120 billion valuation next year.

Video on the story's page https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/30/uber-ceo-on-ipo-plans-and-warren-buffett.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
    EscoNYC and tohunt4me like this.
  2. rex jones

rex jones Well-Known Member

The guy does have a point on sharing rides not being socially acceptable. How many times have you been in gridlock and looking around to see one person per car?

EscoNYC, Actionjax, Yomann and 4 others like this.
  3. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

Investing ... in order to cut prices, so more people will take Pool.

In other words, the robot cars are targeted for that mission.

Pax won't have to worry about being raped or killed by drivers anymore. Now they can get raped by other pax, with no driver to possibly protect them! And since anyone can order a ride for any other stranger, there will be no way to track some of the rapists or killers. Brilliant!!

Safety is #1 at Uber. We do the right thing, period.

4. IERide

IERide Well-Known Member

Teknodogy kumpunee!

5. jocker12

It depends on how you look at the traffic problem vs. revenue vs. the social aspect of it. Drivers don't like pool. Most of the riders don't like pool. It is the cheapo's segment that are doing it because of the personal income factor. Give people money and they will go to one passenger in one car. If the drivers ignore the pool requests, there is no pool, unless you try to implement a self driving cars Uber class to accept every single request and balance the service. The main problem you have there is that those cars will get trashed really fast, because cheap service attracts cheap customers, unfortunately the "not" educated ones. Most of those feel entitled to be themselves and neglect the fact that the cars are not their property. That kind of pool is a failure from it's inception.

Very good observation. Most of Dara's words are BS 101. He needs to say them for the media to publish them and the general public to read them. It is not about reality, is about a false sense of guaranteed Uber success, company in which, at the time of it's IPO, every single person/possible investor could see a bright immediate and distant future. He got hired to deliver to the people that hired him.

6. transporter007

transporter007 Well-Known Member

with no driver to possibly protect them”
    Right on brother!! because uber drivers are viewed by the public as “protectors” not unemployable dirtbags

tohunt4me likes this.
  7. rex jones

rex jones Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am following you. I wasn't even thinking in terms of "Uberpool". There is no saving that ****. Uber didn't invent carpooling. The automobile is just ingrained into our society. Other parts of the world don't rely on the car like we do.

Yomann and tohunt4me like this.
  8. transporter007

transporter007 Well-Known Member

Good thing India doesn’t rely on the car

[​IMG]
    Istanbul non reliance on cars
    [​IMG]
    China traffic and non reliance on the car
    [​IMG]

YEP! ONLY USA RELIES ON THE AUTOMOBILE

Tnasty, Yomann, tohunt4me and 5 others like this.

9. UberProphet?

UberProphet? Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    TwoFiddyMile and tohunt4me like this.
  10. 1974toyota

1974toyota Well-Known Member

NY POST
    5/31/18
    4:22PM EST
    Dara says IPO coming in 2019, & says that meanwhile, Dara's hoping to work with Googles self driving unit? Dara says things have gotten better with Google, since Uber paid Google-owned self driving tech biz Waymo, $245 million dollars after , being sued by Google earlier this yr? JMO

tohunt4me likes this.
  11. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I’m buying in.

TwoFiddyMile, Kalee and 1974toyota like this.
  12. heynow321

heynow321 Well-Known Member

people like their own private space where they can listen to whatever music or entertainment they want, fart without judgement, smoke, etc. there are reasons people enjoy driving solo and those reasons aren't going away.

13. heynow321

heynow321 Well-Known Member

no you're not. you're the sucker who the insiders dump their shares onto.

One Star, phillipzx3, wicked and 2 others like this.
  14. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ant drives the pax.
    Pax pays $25.
    Uber pays ant $5, Uber keeps $20.
    Uber repeats process several million times per day.
    Uber takes free money earned off the backs of ants, and dumps into research & development.
    Research & development eventually replaces whiny pissy stinky ants with self-driving cars that operate 7/24.
    Oh yeah, I’m buying in. :)
    BTW, I was called “sucker” when I bought a bunch of $20 shares of a stupid company called “Netflix” which eventually grew to $700 each, split 7 ways, and now each of those shares are worth $350.
    Call me sucker all you want. :p

15. 1974toyota

1974toyota Well-Known Member

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, you the man,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Yessssssssssssssssssssssssss, JMO

Pax Collector likes this.
  16. jocker12

A few months back, Sergio Marchione, Ferrari's boss (he is the Fiat Chrysler group CEO) was "warning about self-driving cars: Don't believe the fluff".

Probably Chrysler is very, very close to its collapse - Could Chrysler Be Killed This Friday?

Sergio knows what he is talking about - Please, DON'T BELIEVE THE FLUFF!

17. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Uber is a sinking ship. IPO is to pay off initial investors then the stock will tank. I’d never buy a single share of this crap especially when they’ve never cared for drivers pay.

Yomann, FaaaUber, rman954 and 7 others like this.
  18. Retired Senior

Retired Senior Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    people who want dirt cheap fares and don't mind smelling other people's farts already have a ride.... they are called "busses".

19. Blatherskite

Blatherskite Well-Known Member

Uber will become the golden opportunity for selling short. I hope their IPO is huge.

20. jocker12

I agree, but if you listen to Dara, all ridesharing goes after those cheap customers. Uber and Lyft want to eliminate Public Transit as it is and replace it with their services. In this scenario riders are happy (paying less for slightly better service), drivers go crazy (because they will get less and less money for the mile/minute while using their own property), investors see growth (that is all that matters to them) and Uber/Lyft end up pleasing the investors and bank more cash as long as riders agree to pay the heavily discriminating upfront prices shown to them (as price range) before deciding to request a ride (I can elaborate on this scam if necessary).

ABC123DEF likes this.