• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber CEO appears to respond to outraged drivers on Facebook

I_Love_Uber_Not

Same Uber response, nothing new here, move along.
Yes some fictitious drivers are making millions without any data to prove it, have you ever walked into a bank for a loan and you told the banker that you make 100K a year, and they just say, of course your do, you look like a nice guy, here you go, how much do you need.

cleansafepolite

Same Uber response, nothing new here, move along.
Yes some fictitious drivers are making millions without any data to prove it, have you ever walked into a bank for a loan and you told the banker that you make 100K a year, and they just say, of course your do, you look like a nice guy, here you go, how much do you need.
The media should be demanding relevent data on INDIVIDUAL earnings. Communicate this everywher you can.

Vanstaal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is how Uber gets way as usual with their hourly data. THE data which was NEVER made public.
They must be smoking the good stuff.

I_Love_Uber_Not

Would anyone be striking or complaining if they made what "Uber says" they are making, LOL. The people cutting the check will always say the worker is happy and loves it here, wink wink, you do like it here right Bob "if you want to keep your job", Bob's response is of course I do, LOL.
The majority of Uber drivers are uneducated, non English speaking immigrants.

I_Love_Uber_Not

I just saw the financial news, Uber was in the headline, Morgan Stanley is betting big on Uber and trying to get other investors on board, looks like Uber has borrowed so much money " and need more", cooked their books to make it look like they are making money and only way to get more investors on board, do you think Uber will just come out and say, yes we are screwing the drivers with no lube, our business model is flawed, and by the way, we need more influx of your "investors" money.

Red

Can you call a person smart and stupid at same time?
And award goes to ..... or beloved Travis Kalanic.
He is smart considering what Uber is worth now.
But I hardly call him wise. Arrogant? Yes.
If he was smart he wouldn't touch NYC. He would be happy with cutting rates in other markets.
But,No!!
He thought hes Leo Di Caprio on Titanic.(I'm the king of the world)
The problem is that Titanic is not real,it's movie set.
Everyone should be glad this moron did this. We'll suffer for a while but it's point of no return.
Mark my words.
That would be a sociopath - he's smart in getting what he wants, but humanitarian values are completely meaningless for him. Thus a dumb moves after miscalculation on public reaction.

Hackenstein

I just saw the financial news, Uber was in the headline, Morgan Stanley is betting big on Uber and trying to get other investors on board, looks like Uber has borrowed so much money " and need more", cooked their books to make it look like they are making money and only way to get more investors on board, do you think Uber will just come out and say, yes we are screwing the drivers with no lube, our business model is flawed, and by the way, we need more influx of your "investors" money.
They have something like 3-4 Billion in the bank, right?

Shouldn't that raise major flags for anyone being asked to hand over more 'investment capital'

Seems like management and others are just sucking the money out.

I_Love_Uber_Not

They have something like 3-4 Billion in the bank, right?

Shouldn't that raise major flags for anyone being asked to hand over more 'investment capital'

Seems like management and others are just sucking the money out.
Everyone knows "at least the smart drivers do" that Uber are nothing but Satan's offspring, snakes in the grass, a hideous plague, but at the same time you are preaching to the choir, sounding like a broken record. You will not get ANYTHING accomplished by complaining in this forum. Maybe if you and your fellow yellow drivers "and Yellow bases you lease the cars from"striked in front of city hall, and call out the TLC and city hall you might get finally something going. There are many good Yellow cab drivers out there, but Hackenstein this is not the way to go about it. Only then will everyone realize how important the Yellow cab is in NYC, when there is NO Yellow cab to be found.

Hackenstein

Everyone knows "at least the smart drivers do" that Uber are nothing but Satan's offspring, snakes in the grass, a hideous plague, but at the same time you are preaching to the choir, sounding like a broken record. You will not get ANYTHING accomplished by complaining in this forum. Maybe if you and your fellow yellow drivers "and Yellow bases you lease the cars from"striked in front of city hall, and call out the TLC and city hall you might get finally something going. There are many good Yellow cab drivers out there, but Hackenstein this is not the way to go about it. Only then will everyone realize how important the Yellow cab is in NYC, when there is NO Yellow cab to be found.
There were a bunch of strikes and rallies. There was a march over the Brooklyn Bridge. TLC / City doesn't give a shit, they take their marching orders from Mike Bloomberg and Uber.

zanememjade

Travis is known for shady deals and tactics. He is evil and greedy and will one day get what he deserves

Thatendedbadly

Morgan Stanley just got slapped pretty hard for their role in the crash of '08, not sure I'd be asking these clowns for investment advice.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/business/dealbook/morgan-stanley-to-pay-3-2-billion-over-flawed-mortgage-bonds.html?_r=0