Travis makes $6.5 billion from the IPO

Bezos makes $450 million

Dara makes $10 million

Driver makes $0

Dov

Andreas a very rich man once said

You need to take responsibility for your own shit

Once uber floats shareholders will be even more ruthless than Trav & Dara
Your only hope is to organise and make representations to shareholders , if you can hurt them where it matters (in their pockets) you have a slim chance of improving your lot
Best of British

Harold Shand

Uber is a job with virtually no barriers to entry. You need zero qualifications to drive for them, except a driving licence and there are ways around even that as you all know. A simple letter of good conduct from a bent third world embassy official and you're in. Anybody can do the job. Therefore it will always be a very low paid job aimed at people incapable of doing anything else. If you don't want to do it, there will always be another immigrant who is used to earning 20 quid a month who will take your place and think they have won the lottery. You have two choices. Improve yourself. Train. Learn. Speak the language fluently. Write the language accurately and fluently. Integrate. Respect the country and it's laws and customs, that has given you a home and the opportunity to live a better life than you left behind, instead of trying to turn it into the country you came from. Put the country first and contribute to society. Or conversely, carry on doing a crap job, carry on moaning, carry on blaming everyone and everything except yourself, carry on blaming the riders who don't tip, the congestion charge, the price of insurance, play the race card, and wallow in your own misery. The job is crap. It will always be crap. Get out or get on with it and keep bending over. If you want to drive a cab long term do the knowledge. Ever heard of a black taxi driver giving their green badge up and going over to drive for Uber ? No me neither. Uber couldn't get black cabs on the app even when they were offering free commission. Why do you think that is. When will you lot wake up. Rant over. If I've annoyed some of you remember an old saying. Sometimes the truth hurts. If I've made just one of you sit back and think, I'm going to change my life then my post is worth it. Thank me later.

Jack Barclay

The lesson here is take responsibility for your own actions.

Retain, diversify your income streams, or do something you enjoy regardless of money.

During my time on here I have only seen a handful of posters who have realised they are having their pants pulled down and actually had the foresight to find and do something better.

Time to wake up

Chose reality, chose life

Uber is a job with virtually no barriers to entry. You need zero qualifications to drive for them, except a driving licence and there are ways around even that as you all know. A simple letter of good conduct from a bent third world embassy official and you're in. Anybody can do the job. Therefore it will always be a very low paid job aimed at people incapable of doing anything else. If you don't want to do it, there will always be another immigrant who is used to earning 20 quid a month who will take your place and think they have won the lottery. You have two choices. Improve yourself. Train. Learn. Speak the language fluently. Write the language accurately and fluently. Integrate. Respect the country and it's laws and customs, that has given you a home and the opportunity to live a better life than you left behind, instead of trying to turn it into the country you came from. Put the country first and contribute to society. Or conversely, carry on doing a crap job, carry on moaning, carry on blaming everyone and everything except yourself, carry on blaming the riders who don't tip, the congestion charge, the price of insurance, play the race card, and wallow in your own misery. The job is crap. It will always be crap. Get out or get on with it and keep bending over. If you want to drive a cab long term do the knowledge. Ever heard of a black taxi driver giving their green badge up and going over to drive for Uber ? No me neither. Uber couldn't get black cabs on the app even when they were offering free commission. Why do you think that is. When will you lot wake up. Rant over. If I've annoyed some of you remember an old saying. Sometimes the truth hurts. If I've made just one of you sit back and think, I'm going to change my life then my post is worth it. Thank me later.
Totally disagree with u that anyone can do this job! First of all u need to beable to talk fluent english for a start! Secondly u have to be a very good strong driver with good driving skills! Third.u need to be very confident and have good people skills! I know many people who could not do this job as they are not confident drivers and most certainley could not drive the public around on a daily basis! Also u need money to do the job in the first place and not everyone has enough to rent and insure a car! Im an uber driver and i love the job.best job i ever had! I get to drive around talking to nice people and listening to football and music all day or evening! I have an electric car which is a joy to drive and my passengers all comment on how much they like it! I get to pick and choose my hours and as for the low pay ? I wouldent be doing this job if it was low paid! Dont know many other jobs where u can earn 75 quid for 88 mins work? Or roughley 10 pound an hour on slow days! If drivers actually went to the work and the busy places instead of waiting on the side of the road for jobs they would earn more!it winds me up when people say its a low paid job when in truth u can earn what ever u like! Let me think! "Would i rather be working in a factory,flipping burgers cleaning streets,digging ditches picking up litter !! Shall i go on? I respect people who do them jobs but im sure given the choice they would rather do uber? As uber is a better funner easier better paid job! Its not crap at all! But its about opinions and thats mine !!

Last edited:

Harold Shand

Totally disagree with u that anyone can do this job! First of all u need to beable to talk fluent english for a start! Secondly u have to be a very good strong driver with good driving skills! Third.u need to be very confident and have good people skills! I know many people who could not do this job as they are not confident drivers and most certainley could not drive the public around on a daily basis! Also u need money to do the job in the first place and not everyone has enough to rent and insure a car! Im an uber driver and i love the job.best job i ever had! I get to drive around talking to nice people and listening to football and music all day or evening! I have an electric car which is a joy to drive and my passengers all comment on how much they like it! I get to pick and choose my hours and as for the low pay ? I wouldent be doing this job if it was low paid! Dont know many other jobs where u can earn 75 quid for 88 mins work? Or roughley 10 pound an hour on slow days! If drivers actually went to the work and the busy places instead of waiting on the side of the road for jobs they would earn more!it winds me up when people say its a low paid job when in truth u can earn what ever u like! Let me think! "Would i rather be working in a factory,flipping burgers cleaning streets,digging ditches picking up litter !! Shall i go on? I respect people who do them jobs but im sure given the choice they would rather do uber? As uber is a better funner easier better paid job! Its not crap at all! But its about opinions and thats mine !!
I was going to reply and explain why you are wrong on every single point you made, but after I read "Secondly u have to be a very good strong driver with good driving skills!" I just cant stop laughing. Ive got a better job for you already. You should be on the stage, youre a great comedian.

Bettysmalls

You seriously are joking, my stomach aches so much with laughter.

I was going to reply and explain why you are wrong on every single point you made, but after I read "Secondly u have to be a very good strong driver with good driving skills!" I just cant stop laughing. Ive got a better job for you already. You should be on the stage, youre a great comedian.
Ok i agree most uber drivers arent good drivers! "But iam and if u are driving the public around 24/7 then its your job to get that person or persons from a to b in the safest way possible! If u cant do that then u shouldent be on the road let alone driving for a living!!!

Harold Shand

Ok i agree most uber drivers arent good drivers! "But iam and if u are driving the public around 24/7 then its your job to get that person or persons from a to b in the safest way possible! If u cant do that then u shouldent be on the road let alone driving for a living!!!
I couldn't agree more. Which is why Uber should be banned. Any other company with their accident record, together with their safety record, and their record of non cooperation with the police, their security record re your data, plus Greyball etc would have been banned years ago. But Uber has bent politicians and a dodgy judge or two in their pockets, so they get away with it. For now at least. But all it will take is the daughter of someone famous enough to make a huge noise to become a victim and it will all come out.

Michael1230nj

Everyone knows what’s going on. We have all been aware of the issues. Now let’s see where it goes. I am of the opinion that Drivers can’t be bled much more. The passengers are about to get a jolt of reality.

Everyone knows what’s going on. We have all been aware of the issues. Now let’s see where it goes. I am of the opinion that Drivers can’t be bled much more. The passengers are about to get a jolt of reality.

Have a look at the numbers of new licenses issued and those awaiting in the queue to sign up, fresh of their voyage to these shores......

Uncontrolled mass migration = a disaster for the working men & women of the country they go to......fact!

If that weren't bad enough, you have state tax payer funded subsidies payed to the workforce to supplement their wages......

As for dara he is lined up for 100 mill plus depending on the share price, as of now he ain't getting it and will be replaced at some point as the circus goes on......

That dude LOBBIED for the existing drivers to pay congestion etc

That's what he thinks of the current drivers and he did that because they got the politicians to AGREE to keep that TAP turned on for cheap foreign migrants.....

That's the truth of it.

They are desperate to speed up driverless so they can then replace the migrant serfs and retain the peanuts paid out and increase profits.

Dilk

Have a look at the numbers of new licenses issued and those awaiting in the queue to sign up, fresh of their voyage to these shores......

Uncontrolled mass migration = a disaster for the working men & women of the country they go to......fact!

If that weren't bad enough, you have state tax payer funded subsidies payed to the workforce to supplement their wages......

As for dara he is lined up for 100 mill plus depending on the share price, as of now he ain't getting it and will be replaced at some point as the circus goes on......

That dude LOBBIED for the existing drivers to pay congestion etc

That's what he thinks of the current drivers and he did that because they got the politicians to AGREE to keep that TAP turned on for cheap foreign migrants.....

That's the truth of it.

They are desperate to speed up driverless so they can then replace the migrant serfs and retain the peanuts paid out and increase profits.

Please stop writing such long essays...

Grumpy Old Man

But all it will take is the daughter of someone famous enough to make a huge noise to become a victim and it will all come out.
Dead right, one tweet from some so-called "celebrity" and Uber could be toast.

The power of social media. (I hate it but I can't change it, so I won't let it bother me)