• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber cars so close together it looks like they're humping

KellyC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know it's crazy and they keep adding more.
Several pax have said that other Uber drivers have told them they come from Columbia, Charleston, Sumter etc to drive in MB. Can't imagine they're making enough money to justify that.

one guy I met at airport comes from Columbia sometimes. Also last month Uber has asked some to come from Wilmington and help too.

very frustrating, so far I've been working 13hrs today and have done $80 BEFORE gas and expenses. it's crazy on a Fri on one of the busiest weekends of the year and it blows. Sadly I could make more at McDonalds without all the risk of driving. Everywhere I go I'm surrounded by cars in just a few blocks. People are coming here to work and also part time people are taking a lot. Uber needs to give some priority to full time drivers from here during slower times during the day.

KellyC

one guy I met at airport comes from Columbia sometimes. Also last month Uber has asked some to come from Wilmington and help too.
Uber ASKED drivers to come from Wilmington?? @#*%!!!

very frustrating, so far I've been working 13hrs today and have done $80 BEFORE gas and expenses. it's crazy on a Fri on one of the busiest weekends of the year and it blows. Sadly I could make more at McDonalds without all the risk of driving. Everywhere I go I'm surrounded by cars in just a few blocks. People are coming here to work and also part time people are taking a lot. Uber needs to give some priority to full time drivers from here during slower times during the day.
That blows. Glad I was out of town this weekend.

Maddhouse

I've only been in Myrtle Beach for a year and I can't believe how slow it is in the summer, let alone the offseason. The only rides i got during the offseason were around CCU and those were always $4 rides at most. Idk how people can do this full time like I've heard, I call BS.

NUBER-LE

Fri and Sats ants ants antsssss all over lol.

Here in CA i only drive mornings. Too many weekend warriors.

KellyC

I've only been in Myrtle Beach for a year and I can't believe how slow it is in the summer, let alone the offseason. The only rides i got during the offseason were around CCU and those were always $4 rides at most. Idk how people can do this full time like I've heard, I call BS.
It gets worse every weekend. I would have lost money driving tonight if it weren't for one lucky last ride (lucky for me; not so much for the pax)

EpicSwoleness

Several pax have said that other Uber drivers have told them they come from Columbia, Charleston, Sumter etc to drive in MB. Can't imagine they're making enough money to justify that.
Probably coming out more for vacation, just logging on enough to appear to be "working" and make part of the trip deductible.