1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBER Car Share

Discussion in 'London' started by Arun Arora, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Arun Arora

Arun Arora

Hi

I have recently received my PCO Licence and looking for a UBER car to share. I like to do 4 to 6 hours daily and would pay whatever the amount we can reasonably negotiate. I am a reasonable person and do not like to take advantage of any one. Please contact me if you are interested, or please suggest me how can I get started with Uber. Appreciate your time and thank you for your help in advance.

Arun

2. UberGeezer

UberGeezer

Driving:
    UberX
    can get you a cheap 62 reg zafira 1.7 cdti manual if u want

never been a pco car before

3. taxiapplover

taxiapplover

I am willing to share my 2010 e class Mercedes from 02:00:03:00 til 20:00 every day.

Arun Arora likes this.
  4. UberLuxbod

UberLuxbod Moderator

Driving:
    UberLUX
    These kind of sharing schemes never work out.

Cab4Now tried to allow this sort of flexibility and it was a nightmare, drivers taking a job near the end of shift and dropping the car off 2 hours late, arguments, damage to the vehicle that is not reported by driver A so that driver B can't work.

He allowed a couple of drivers to rent a car on the basis of it being double teamed aswell, but the rental was higher and all his cars were GPS tracked aswell.

And not meaning to be insulting towards the OP but you would have to be deranged to allow a newbie to PH to put your own livelihood at risk.

The return can't be justified by the possible risk.

There was a rumour that Addison Lee thought about a similar thing to reduce fleet costs but as they still don't do it I would suggest that they thought it was a bad idea aswell.

Taxi fleets allow a driver to work parts of a day, but they also have access to plenty of spare vehicles if the Taxi is damaged, breaks down or the driver going off shift is running late.

The only time I can see it working is if the drivers are either related or good friends before the agreement starts.

Back in the day it was not uncommon for drivers to update their vehicle and then rent out their old one to make a bit extra.

The only problem was a particular section of the PH community would share the car with their brother or cousin to halve rental costs, if you weren't on the ball your car could be messed up in a few months. I had one colleague whose 2yr old Scorpio was destroyed by two brothers, they double shifted it for something like 4/5months before he caught on.
    When he got it back the electrics had been bodged to fit a two way under the drivers seat and it was overdue a service by something stupid like 20k.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  5. voodooman

voodooman

...and even a £1 you think youve had to put in extra on fuel can cause massive resentment and arguments

Arun Arora likes this.
  6. Drive4fun

Drive4fun

Smart step to share a car as already been mentioned is between family and more like husband and wife. Man can do night and the woman can cover the days for few hours.

Arun Arora likes this.
  7. Arun Arora

Arun Arora

Lot's of good points made. Thank you for your help. I will contact individually to dig out more details/possibilities.
    Thanks everyone.

8. Baza

Baza

I am a new driver, and my hats off to you gents for giving the OP such decent and honest advice.

Nice forum, nice people.

9. HvyGear

HvyGear

The wife shouldnt be doing any shifts, not being sexist, minicabing just isnt a job for females. Who knows who is getting in the car? However, to all you female minicab drivers, respect nonetheless.

10. Dubs666

Dubs666

Driving:
    UberX
    There's females out there that take only female drivers, they use companies that provide this service .
    Plus if u have a female as the policy holder ur insurance will be even cheaper

Drive4fun and HvyGear like this.
  11. HvyGear

HvyGear

Good point on females for females.