Uber Car quality stories

CLEVE_MAC

I have heard more and more horrible car stories from passengers I pick up, who smile huge when I pull up in my clean well-maintained car.

1. Guy and his daughter who had to cancel the previous car, which pulled up with ENTIRE front seat loaded with stuff, and ALL BUT ONE BUTT-WIDTH clear in the back seat. Other than that, car was loaded with stuff up to the ceiling

2. Lady this morning who said most cars were very dirty and they were playing obnoxious very loud music. She was very happy that my car was clean and quiet.

3. Driver who was totally deaf with a nasty-a$$ car and didn't know how to navigate at all.

Uber cars and drivers have gone downhill, at least on the east side

McNutt2K10

I have heard more and more horrible car stories from passengers I pick up, who smile huge when I pull up in my clean well-maintained car.

1. Guy and his daughter who had to cancel the previous car, which pulled up with ENTIRE front seat loaded with stuff, and ALL BUT ONE BUTT-WIDTH clear in the back seat. Other than that, car was loaded with stuff up to the ceiling

2. Lady this morning who said most cars were very dirty and they were playing obnoxious very loud music. She was very happy that my car was clean and quiet.

3. Driver who was totally deaf with a nasty-a$$ car and didn't know how to navigate at all.

Uber cars and drivers have gone downhill, at least on the east side
Well I'm glad to say that none of those were me. With the exception of the last few days and the rain, I always get a car wash before I drive and do a quick detailing of the interior of the car, not to hard since I have leather seats. The funny part about that though, is when I get drunks in there that aren't fully balanced...lol...I Armor All the seats, and they literally fall over or slide over during a turn. It is quite comical too.

Teach1

I've heard cracked windshields torn seats no a/c handles missing on back door. This what happens when you have 2002 cars on the road. Mentioned at office. Just shrugged. The rating system will take care of it. What does lyft allow

McNutt2K10

I've heard cracked windshields torn seats no a/c handles missing on back door. This what happens when you have 2002 cars on the road. Mentioned at office. Just shrugged. The rating system will take care of it. What does lyft allow
Was driving a 2007 up until April, and kept that as clean as a whistle. Though I guess it is up to the individual that owns the vehicle.

Teach1

2007 is fine and seeing your posts I know you are better drives. I have seen whoanelly on here in awhile. Hope she's ok

BobCle

I have a 2013 Kia Soul. Picked up a guy in a tux and his girlfriend in a fancy dress going to an
event a country club. Her comment was, " Oh thank god it is a clean car! "

uberdriver3609

Drive a 2008 town and country all my panngers love it (wont own one but they love it) was every weekend and sweep every two weeks! The most that is in my car is few pebbles and dirt from pax.

Mitch J

I agree except with #3. Look up or google the word Dumb let me know what you think. I'm not knocking on any deaf person but sometimes they can't help but being messy. Trust me they have other things on thier mind than keeping a clean car plus remember they can't hear the navigation so at least cut him some slack there. Maybe Uber should alert the rider that they are about to get a ride from a driver who is hearing impaired.

RaeV

Well...idk, how can we give a deaf person a pass for 1) having a messy car? Come on, deaf or not, you know that you're obligated to have a clean car for uber. 2) My navigation does not speak because I turned it off. I just follow the dot. A deaf person doesn't have to hear the turn by turn instructions when they can clearly see them.

As far as Uber letting a pax know that they've been matched with a hearing impaired driver, that's a very good idea...but we all know how uber treats good ideas

Oh and I keep my 2012 GMC clean and clear just for this reason.

McNutt2K10

It's not to often that I find myself in need of an Uber, but last night was one of those times. I will say that my experience last night has lead me to believe that most of us here that monitor this forum are the smaller percentage that give a damn.
My driver Larry, was unkempt and stank. His music, which I don't really care what kind of music is being played, should be played at a volume so that it's not overbearing, turn it down Larry. And the vehicles presences, resembled it's driver. What made it even worse, when Larry turned up the A/C, the car smelled like shit. Now I am not saying that figuratively, I'm saying that literally. I started to gag and tried to roll down the window but they were locked out. My friends that were with me, I could hear them in the back coughing, they were in just as much peril as I was. I would have opted to get out of the car but checking my driver's app, the surge at that moment kept on bumping up, I was stuck.
It was one of the longest short rides I've ever taken. When we reached our destination, the four of us scrambled out of the Chevy Equinox, like cockroaches do when the lights switch goes on. I literally heard my friends sucking for air and heard them asking each other, did you bust ass? And I explained to them that the smell was coming directly from the air vents on the vehicle.
We all agreed that that was by far our worst Uber experience ever. Now I'm usually pretty lenient when it comes to rating and tipping, but leniency went out the window after I heard my buddies complaining. Larry received a single star and no tip. The $9.50 I paid for that ride, was highway robbery.
I'm sorry I went off with this rant, but I am here to tell you that there are some shitty drivers and vehicles out there, no pun intended.

RaeV

That's just flat out gross and unacceptable. You should make uber refund you because you know how they love to take the rider's side every time.

Uber_Yota_916

I drive a 2005 Toyota Corolla. I keep it washed, waxed, and vacuumed. I get a lot of compliments on how clean my vehicle is. It has nothing do with the year of the car. It has everything to do with keeping your car detailed. Lazy people drive dirty cars.

It is disgusting what I see on my lint roller. Just from one day. People will sit in their filth for weeks. Yuck.

JoeD16

When I pick up at the the airport I often notice uber drivers in front of me pushing their own crap around in the trunk to make room for the pax luggage which i find ridiculous. Why wouldn't you have an empty and clean trunk when you know you're going to be putting people's luggage in there? Sometimes a lot of luggage. Some of the stuff I see being moved around is clothes that look to be dirty and garbage bags, gross.

Teach1

This why people are ordering select cars. I mentioned this down at the office. They said the rating system will eliminate these drivers.

Cynergie

When I pick up at the the airport I often notice uber drivers in front of me pushing their own crap around in the trunk to make room for the pax luggage which i find ridiculous. Why wouldn't you have an empty and clean trunk when you know you're going to be putting people's luggage in there? Sometimes a lot of luggage. Some of the stuff I see being moved around is clothes that look to be dirty and garbage bags, gross.
Most probably that crap in the trunk is their dirty laundry etc. from living in their car. lol

I agree mcNutt, we are the small percentage. I drive a 2016 town and country, and I get asked often how old it is becuase I keep it immaculate, frequent car washes vacuums etc. only thing I keep in the trunk is a blanket, my jacket, and a bag with window cleaner and paper towels. Won't ever being handing out water or mints, but a clean car and charge cables I can do. The other thing that drives me nuts is people who smoke in their cars, and I'm a smoker.

crookedhalo

Uber does let passengers know their driver is hearing impaired, the driver has to let uber know first, my driver account is flagged as hearing impaired mainly cause it forces riders to put in a destination

McNutt2K10

That's just flat out gross and unacceptable. You should make uber refund you because you know how they love to take the rider's side every time.
After a long back and forth between Uber and I, the best I got was a $5 credit towards my next ride.