Uber capping earnings?!

inthefoot

Today (Sunday) I drove 4pm to 11pm and brought in $123.00 (plus $60 for the quest and $10 in cash tips).

I hear of people in Atlanta claiming they do $200-$300 per day but I never see any screenshots. I would imagine they're doing 10-12 hour shifts.

I'm at 750 rides, 4.9 rating. I've never seen more than $15-20/hour in a 6-8 hour shift.

Is uber capping earnings or is it just a supply/demand problem?

negeorgia

Sometimes longer than 12 hours. I have a goal of $100 in 6 hours. Some weeks I find it 6 or 7 times, some weeks; not even once. I know there is a surge cap, so technically, that is an earnings cap. I know I am limited to the logistics of how many trips per hour I can do; so if Uber is intentionally suppressing surge when super busy; that is an earnings cap. I know the current heat map produces less surge pings and pings with smaller surge than before the change; so that could be called an earnings cap. The no surge rates, being as low as they are when they don't have to be, is definitely an earnings cap.

Last edited:

bluesky5

You are absolutely right. I only drive Uber on Friday and Saturdays (Sometimes on Sunday), and this is the most demand times and I average between 20-25 per hour and drive a Prius plus start from midtown so no dead miles, only when I finish. People saying they make 200 a day on a Tuesday are just straight full of [email protected] and anyone that drives, knows that. 200=10 plus hours on a weekend and probably 12-16 on a weekday. I won't work over 10 hours period or 20 hours per week being part time. If you work more than 60 hours at the rates they earn, they are not valuing their time and believe they are only worth $10 an hour.

Attachments

• IMG_3447.PNG
    IMG_3447.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

DopeyDaDriver

Couldn't agree more... but at this point in my life Uber is just an add to the program. I don't do the bar crowd, learning to avoid "mega-rush" hour, and I average around $10 an hour (WHEN I CHOOSE TO DRIVE)...I capitalized that because it is often forgotten on this forum. Part of why you Uber, is because you Uber when it makes sense in your life...

Gmbbody

I feel like my earnings were capped this week as I usually make varied amounts each day but for some reason this week I made almost the same amount each day.
Screenshot_20170904-135205.png

pjrxj

You are absolutely right. I only drive Uber on Friday and Saturdays (Sometimes on Sunday), and this is the most demand times and I average between 20-25 per hour and drive a Prius plus start from midtown so no dead miles, only when I finish. People saying they make 200 a day on a Tuesday are just straight full of [email protected] and anyone that drives, knows that. 200=10 plus hours on a weekend and probably 12-16 on a weekday. I won't work over 10 hours period or 20 hours per week being part time. If you work more than 60 hours at the rates they earn, they are not valuing their time and believe they are only worth $10 an hour.
I must be full of [email protected] I can make $200 on a Tuesday. I'm not saying everyone will but everyone can. You have to adjust where and when you drive. There is something happening every day in ATL. The trick is to find it and make it work for you.

inthefoot

I must be full of [email protected] I can make $200 on a Tuesday. I'm not saying everyone will but everyone can. You have to adjust where and when you drive. There is something happening every day in ATL. The trick is to find it and make it work for you.

Again, these claims are never accompanied by screenshots.

If you're really doing that - regularly - more power to you.

In my experience however, that's not happening in 6-8 hours in Atlanta unless there's an anomaly.

Chip Dawg

This is the problem. People claim to make 200+ and give no information on how they do it. I call BS unless I see proof.

pjrxj

Again, these claims are never accompanied by screenshots.

If you're really doing that - regularly - more power to you.

In my experience however, that's not happening in 6-8 hours in Atlanta unless there's an anomaly.
I partially agree with you. I'm biased because I drive a Suburban on XL/Select late nights and early mornings.

PTCGUY

I dont care what other drivers make. If I am satisfied with my earnings then that is all that matters. If I am not satisfied then I figure out a better way to operate. Trial and error, tips and hints (though few and far between) from this forum and reading other forums.

SOUFSIDE

Making 200 in 6-8 hours can be done but you will need some surge rates on long rides mixed in there.

No two drivers will never make the same amount even if they work the same hours. The amount of money you make depends on luck and the areas that you drive in.

If you're one of the lucky ones, you can make decent money if you have UberPool removed from your profile.

inthefoot

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I'm not watching anyone's pockets - but like with any other job if my peers were regularly outperforming me I would pick their brain regarding their workflow.

A screenshot showing me you made $250 in 13.8 hours DOES tell me a lot versus one that said you made $250 in 8.14 hours.

I don't want to chase an imaginary carrot. I'm comfortable with my takehome but a part of me thinks that I better hope I'm comfortable because I likely won't be making any more that in that timeframe.

I've made 200 many of times it does take 12+hours because I'm picky. I'm not driving on the west side and not doing any pools unless it's to get me out an area I don't like. I don't make it everyday that's for sure. My highest was 300 when the airport cancelled those flights a few months ago

Dinoberra

They cap but I find it to be more when you've been online for over 10 hours than a money thing.

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I'm not watching anyone's pockets - but like with any other job if my peers were regularly outperforming me I would pick their brain regarding their workflow.

A screenshot showing me you made $250 in 13.8 hours DOES tell me a lot versus one that said you made $250 in 8.14 hours.

I don't want to chase an imaginary carrot. I'm comfortable with my takehome but a part of me thinks that I better hope I'm comfortable because I likely won't be making any more that in that timeframe.
I'm about to start my day, I'll show you A week of $200 days if you want to see it...

troycarpenter

I was able to do almost $100 for just under 5 hours (although it was closer to 4 hours, I used a destination filter for the last 30 minutes and didn't get a match).

And since screenshots seem to matter to some instead of just taking the report on face value:

And if you are wondering why I'm taking pool...it's because I'm in the program where pool pays the same as X. I've had plenty of pool rides that pay more than my X rides at times.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170905-121546.png
    Screenshot_20170905-121546.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 160

inthefoot

I'm attaching my payout today.

10 hours, $200, $20/hr. It's weird.

I'm not going to conduct this experiment but I bet if you drove for 30 hours straight you would make $600.

Btw I never got my 5 for $12 this morning despite doing 6 rides during the question time frame.

Attachments

• IMG_2780.PNG
    IMG_2780.PNG
    18.9 KB · Views: 43