Uber called me yesterday (investigation?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam D

Picked up three early 20 something cute african american girls in Waukegan in a pretty nice sub division. Fifteen minute ride to some ones house - they were getting ready to go out to some sort of an event. They we're polite and well behaved on the ride.

Ten minutes after I dropped them off they called me. Someone left there iphone 6 in the car can I check it.
So I check it. Sorry it's not here. Dead silence on the phone. They said "ok thank you" after the long silence but I could tell they we're upset.

I made like 40 some off dollars and decided to call it a night. I get home and Uber calls me. Its about the phone and they have questions. They asked me if I found it. Would I look for it? Would I call the pax and tell them I am looking for it.

I offered them the dash cam video that has the phone call from the pax and shows me looking for the phone. I went back and watched the video to see where she might have lost it. (All three had there phones with them and using them in the ride couldn't tell anything of anyone losing it just stuffing them in and out of their purses)

Anyway they Uber thanked me for there time and would notify me when it was resolved and to call the pax if I found it.

I hung up and sure enough....I was curious so I tried to log on.... I couldn't log on.

Then I got a "resolved" notification minutes later and was able to log back on. Plus I restarted my phone in case that was why I wasn't able to log on... I was done for the night anyway just want to check if they deactivated me. Seems it was deactivated for a bit but then turned on right away

Well... how you like them apples

Ok thats all - just a story

pizza guy

The phone companies and phone owners need to start using the security features available. Nobody would treat $500 in cash as carelessly as they treat their phones. Every phone has the ability to be set up so it can be found if lost. Had the phone owner simply logged on and checked the location the OP would have either never been contacted would know to look harder because the phone was at the same location as the car.
If the phone companies simply made bricking an option on all phones their would be little incentive to steal phones in the first place. How many violent robberies are there over phones every day? Then again phone thefts probably also increase phone sales.

tursi72

If the phone companies simply made bricking an option on all phones their would be little incentive to steal phones in the first place. How many violent robberies are there over phones every day? Then again phone thefts probably also increase phone sales.

Dont forget theres a big market for used phones for spare repair parts. Im not sure if bricking would help.

Shakur

Why was it necessary to point out they were "nice african american" (dumbass name deemed by oppressors)? And "race card bandwagon?" Excuse me but the same issues have riddled this country that waa stolen from the natives for 400+ years? When exactly does alrernative america plan on changing that? Should we just "deal with it," or can you tell me a better time to ask for equality? New years? Christmas? "Black History Month?"

Or are you tired of hearing and reading about it? Welcome to my world, tired of racism and bigotry after only 20 some years on this earth. You will never stop hearing about it so please ready yourself for both the fight for equality and the real reason america is pushing a race war in 2017.

Jinxstone

If you can't find the phone ask the pax to call it. If you hear ringing, it's there. Otherwise, they dropped it somewhere else. Nothing more you can do about Uber.

ZKUSHIKURIDOTO

Geez, don't jump on the race card bandwagon so quickly. All he did was describe his riders

Here we go. Were the black or not?

Answer= They were black. . Not white yellow or purple. THEY were black.

Children Please! Grounded!

OP can answer if OP finds the question worthy! The story could have been told without us knowing their color, now stay out of adult conversation.

mkxr

OP can answer if OP finds the question worthy! The story could have been told without us knowing their color, now stay out of adult conversation.
He also described them as girls, was he being sexist also by pointing out their gender?
he was being descriptive, and I can say what I want here, because you're the one who decided to question him on it in a public forum. If you don't want people talking back to you, them next time seems the OP a private message instead.

Chraniac

I understand how you feel, but in the OP's defence, he added race to give us readers more context and more of an imaginable idea of how it visually took place. I'm a black guy, and I honestly find no need to race bait on this particular issue.

Sam D

Why was it necessary to point out they were "nice african american" (dumbass name deemed by oppressors)? And "race card bandwagon?" Excuse me but the same issues have riddled this country that waa stolen from the natives for 400+ years? When exactly does alrernative america plan on changing that? Should we just "deal with it," or can you tell me a better time to ask for equality? New years? Christmas? "Black History Month?"

Or are you tired of hearing and reading about it? Welcome to my world, tired of racism and bigotry after only 20 some years on this earth. You will never stop hearing about it so please ready yourself for both the fight for equality and the real reason america is pushing a race war in 2017.

You know what Shuker. You don't know much about me. I am a music teacher. I worked for Chicago Public schools for over 12 years and half of those years were in Englewood - all of the years were on the sw side and 99 percent of my students were black and I lived an all black apartment complex when I worked for the city

I once interviewed with a Black principal who demanded I say the words "African American" because he thought using the word black was "oppressive...

I seen and read your post on here -- your a naive young know it all - bet you didn't know I had a masters in music education ....yet you called me out a few days ago as "what right do I have to judge your music" Well for sure I have more training than you in music I know that much -- now your going to educate me on the use of the language of African Americans when you have no idea how many bands I played in with them or how many friends Ive made over the years whom are musicians and wouldn't mind at all if I called them African Americans
African American.

Naive young know it all- is there SOMETHING in this forum you don't have ALL the answers too? Please educate me some more!! Oh please please please

Bigbadb91

Lol you guys are so sensitive... he coulda said black too... would that made it even more racist? Lol at least he tried using politically correct grammar and not put them down... if he said they were Asians or Mexicans or Jews would that of been racist? Lol

Stop being so damn sensitive, I know during these times it’s a touchy subject but we’re @@@@ing Uber drivers with only 1 goal in mind and that’s to make money not be shitted on by shitty pax

The Gift of Fish

What's the reason you told us they're african american? "Riders" would have done the job.
What is the reason he told us they were cute? And why did he say they were in their early 20s? The age description was not required. And why did he mention that there were three of them? And why did he mention the area he picked them up from? Why did he mention the length of the trip? And why did he mention how many minutes elapsed between the ride end and the call from Uber?

All of these extra details are irrelevant to the story, but you choose to home in on the one that mentions race, and it wasn't even in a negative way. Just the opposite in fact; he said they were attracive African Americans. Superhypersensitive much?

Yeah, right; he should have just given no detail at all. "I picked up someone. Uber called me later to say that this person left a phone in the car. I replied that this person had not and Uber deactivated me for a while". Because yeah, that would make a really interesting story.

SMH, you "race delicates" who recoil at the mere mention of race seriously need to get a life.

Pchi

The government loves this stuff then they can keep giving it to us in the a** with sandpaper.
I'm sure Uber also loves seeing this, its reassurance that they can do whatever they want to their drivers in the chi metro area.

Status
Not open for further replies.