1. Uber has enough problems trying to stabilize themselves to have time to worry about Lyft.
2. Lyft's stock price is way overvalued.
3. Because of the dual class structure of Lyft stock, serves in no way to benefit Uber.
4. If Lyft is on the road to hell, why buy stock at $70/share when you can just wait and eventually buy the actual assets for pennies?
5. The only worthwhile interest Uber would have in Lyft is preventing any potential future competitors from acquiring Lyft's databases.
6. If Uber were to acquire Lyft, it would be solely to bury it.
Wow great point. Take your money pre IPO to invest in a plummeting over valued security because where in the same business. Don’t be surprised when Dara shows up and offers you a seat on the board of directors.