• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Mixed Bag

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Golfermack

Is "ConcernedCitizen02122", an Uber driver, on this forum? I appreciate your comments in the Boston Globe article above. I added some. More drivers should do the same. But no matter how difficult it might be, be polite and respectful in your comments. Otherwise you'll just alienate the passengers.

uberlyfer

Is "ConcernedCitizen02122", an Uber driver, on this forum? I appreciate your comments in the Boston Globe article above. I added some. More drivers should do the same. But no matter how difficult it might be, be polite and respectful in your comments. Otherwise you'll just alienate the passengers.

He had some complaints about Pool as many around here do. I haven't been able to get a response to this question, but my understanding is that in both Uber and Lyft, whether pool, line, X, that if you want to take a break (even if you currently have a pax on board) you can hit something like "Don't Accept More Rides after this Dropoff and Go Offline."

I had read this is a way with Pool or Line rides to ensure you only have to take 1 passenger. Do you know if this feature exists?

Golfermack

I don't know. I refuse to take pool riders. If we all did, then pool wouldn't exist and we'd all have more higher paying UberX fares.

scamp

He had some complaints about Pool as many around here do. I haven't been able to get a response to this question, but my understanding is that in both Uber and Lyft, whether pool, line, X, that if you want to take a break (even if you currently have a pax on board) you can hit something like "Don't Accept More Rides after this Dropoff and Go Offline."

I had read this is a way with Pool or Line rides to ensure you only have to take 1 passenger. Do you know if this feature exists?
Last ride exists only in Lyft, to my knowledge at least. You can log off during a ride and Lyft will automatically not send you anymore requests and log you off after you drop off passenger.

uberlyfer

Uber does this now as well as of the last update. (Maybe a week ago?)

Really? That's great! Anyone care to grab a screenshot of this option in Uber? Does this essentially mean you can easily turn any Pool ride after you picked up your pax into an X if you so choose, and also avoid that so called "Stacked Ride" thing if you select Uber's version of "Last Ride" Right after you pick up your Pax (far from their destination in other words)?

Pulski

Haven't driven in the last week but the pop up tutorial made it look like the Online/Offline button is now a slider and will appear during your trip. Slide it off during your last trip and you will stop getting incoming rides.

uberlyfer

Haven't driven in the last week but the pop up tutorial made it look like the Online/Offline button is now a slider and will appear during your trip. Slide it off during your last trip and you will stop getting incoming rides.

And do they include additional Pool rides in "Stop getting incoming rides" or are you thrown to the mercy of the pool gods and whomever may request you during an active pool?