Uber boost Uber RUSH are drivers getting scammed in the Greater Toronto Area?

Does Uber cheat their drivers in Toronto?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Milkn808s

So today I made my merry way over to Georgetown. If anyone knows the west end of the GTA, they know it’s far, and small, and quiet. Luckily I don’t live too far from Georgetown, but there’s still a lot of nothing to travel through before I get there.

Before I go any further I needed to add I only drive for Uber and I’m a 4.97 diamond driver with 4750 trips done in my first year and over 2000 5 star ratings and I make usually 1200$ after taxes a week driving about 60 hrs a week of online time.

Okay moving on with the story: I get right to the epicentre of where it says I can boost my trip earnings and I go online and wait for trips at the McDonald’s on Guelph Line and wouldn’t you know it I get 5 trips up there. I’m thinking amazing five trips this is great that makes 20 for the day let’s go home, I’m extra happy because it’s supposed to be 5 trips at 1.4 x the boost.

Wrong!!!

It only applies for Uber Rush! Wtf??! What is Uber Rush?

I found out it’s a delivery service for parcels and such; and that it was discontinued in major cities across America. Okay nbd maybe uh idk maybe the developers wrote it only in one page but not the others by accident or maybe they meant like rush because it’s December and these are under serviced areas. After my first email the guy who wrote back said hmm surges are only offered when you see them displayed on your app.

Now guys, I know for a lot of you, and I don’t want to say I know everything, but a lot of you are a little naive and it can hurt a lot of other people who are in the same position you’re in, my point is that at no point in my email did I mention surges but did clearly state boosts.

This right here my fellow drivers is called deflecting.

I felt it in the pit of my stomach, and I felt it and knew that this guy was trying to take me for a fool and I know there’s other people out there; good people that are drivers and maybe don’t speak English that well and are probably primary targets for cons like this. 🦸‍♂️ I had to chase this and I’ve been going back and forth with these guys over email all night. Not because I want my money, but I want a fight (in the form of a reasonable argument).

I have had 6 different people from Uber email me back all of them with different answers.

Let me ask you this ladies and gentlemen, how can you play broken telephone if I’m sending you an email? What I’m saying is, I am writing ✍🏼 my concern down and clearly explaining myself or so I think, how can everyone give me a different answer, until one guy the last guy tells me it only applies for Uber Rush.

But what business that operates in Stouffville or Georgetown needs to send a parcel at 2 am in the morning that badly?

So friends has this happened to anybody else, I want to put up the emails so we can all see for ourselves the callousness and shameless practices of our beloved income generator, but I’m on my phone, and in bed and have to get up in 5 hours but will do it if I get some replies.

E7AC4584-D5BA-4B79-BC42-548B46C50D8D.png

Kurt Halfyard

Author
POST HAS BEEN EDITED - line breaks added FOR CLARITY.
Post automatically merged:

So what just take it laying down?
So like no Toronto mans here eh
I fail to understand what gender has to do with what I am guessing is, 'standing up for yourself and getting answers.'
I believe you have wandered in from another century with that attitude.

Last edited:

mikees3

I fail to understand what gender has to do with what I am guessing is, 'standing up for yourself and getting answers.'
I believe you have wandered in from another century with that attitude.
that’s how kids talk now a days we emphasize the word “mans” heavy 🤣

Gone_in_60_seconds

So today I made my merry way over to Georgetown. If anyone knows the west end of the GTA, they know it’s far, and small, and quiet. Luckily I don’t live too far from Georgetown, but there’s still a lot of nothing to travel through before I get there.

Before I go any further I needed to add I only drive for Uber and I’m a 4.97 diamond driver with 4750 trips done in my first year and over 2000 5 star ratings and I make usually 1200$ after taxes a week driving about 60 hrs a week of online time.

Okay moving on with the story: I get right to the epicentre of where it says I can boost my trip earnings and I go online and wait for trips at the McDonald’s on Guelph Line and wouldn’t you know it I get 5 trips up there. I’m thinking amazing five trips this is great that makes 20 for the day let’s go home, I’m extra happy because it’s supposed to be 5 trips at 1.4 x the boost.

Wrong!!!

It only applies for Uber Rush! Wtf??! What is Uber Rush?

I found out it’s a delivery service for parcels and such; and that it was discontinued in major cities across America. Okay nbd maybe uh idk maybe the developers wrote it only in one page but not the others by accident or maybe they meant like rush because it’s December and these are under serviced areas. After my first email the guy who wrote back said hmm surges are only offered when you see them displayed on your app.

Now guys, I know for a lot of you, and I don’t want to say I know everything, but a lot of you are a little naive and it can hurt a lot of other people who are in the same position you’re in, my point is that at no point in my email did I mention surges but did clearly state boosts.

This right here my fellow drivers is called deflecting.

I felt it in the pit of my stomach, and I felt it and knew that this guy was trying to take me for a fool and I know there’s other people out there; good people that are drivers and maybe don’t speak English that well and are probably primary targets for cons like this. 🦸‍♂️ I had to chase this and I’ve been going back and forth with these guys over email all night. Not because I want my money, but I want a fight (in the form of a reasonable argument).

I have had 6 different people from Uber email me back all of them with different answers.

Let me ask you this ladies and gentlemen, how can you play broken telephone if I’m sending you an email? What I’m saying is, I am writing ✍🏼 my concern down and clearly explaining myself or so I think, how can everyone give me a different answer, until one guy the last guy tells me it only applies for Uber Rush.

But what business that operates in Stouffville or Georgetown needs to send a parcel at 2 am in the morning that badly?

So friends has this happened to anybody else, I want to put up the emails so we can all see for ourselves the callousness and shameless practices of our beloved income generator, but I’m on my phone, and in bed and have to get up in 5 hours but will do it if I get some replies.

View attachment 386905
Haha, you fell for click bait. But Uber has deliberately put those boost zones for UberEats and delivery. I think they deliberately do that to deceive Uber- X drivers to log on. So, this is a form of gamification using false rewards or money. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

Last edited:

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Happily, I have had UBER EATS removed from my App.
Now, I should probably get POOL chucked out and just do X, but I do enjoy those 2 minute shuffles.

Gone_in_60_seconds

Now, I should probably get POOL chucked out and just do X, but I do enjoy those 2 minute shuffles.
Too bad Lyft Shared doesn't have the 2 minute time out, otherwise I might consider picking up some pax for some quick shuffle money. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Milkn808s

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha, you fell for click bait. But Uber has deliberately put those boost zones for UberEats and delivery. I think they deliberately do that to deceive Uber- X drivers to log on. So, this is a form of gamification using false rewards or money. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
Thanks for your reply, I’ve been looking for some insight. It’s worded terribly and there’s no information about it online. So Ubereats receives boosts in those areas? Also how would someone go about ordering a Uber Rush?

Milkn808s

I love pools they help get quests done faster, obviously there’s a little bit of luck involved but hey, the quest bonuses are great.

My only problem is the amount of time they can take to complete. It also feels like they’re manipulating you, lol.

Milkn808s

Post the 5 deliveries that you did. I bet you the surge is there in your pay out.

Uber rush boost is the eats boost. Uber developers are just idiots...

And we all know uber customer support sucks lol
They werent deliveries, they were UberX and Pool. I checked the trips, they didn’t have any boosts on them. Toronto used to have 1.1 x boosts at dead times throughout the day and in the holidays but don’t see those at all anymore, I went into Georgetown thinking it was the same deal.

Attachments

Last edited: