• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Bonus: Where to Find PAX Below 110th St?

Mr. Affinito

Hi guys... I know a lot of you have a lot to say about Uber but I DO want the bonus (I purchased a new Accord and that $6,000 will go a long way to help with that). The thing is that I have to pick up 24 pax during peak hours below 110th St (Manhattan). So, is there a place where there are always people looking for rides?

I thought Central Park was hot, but there's nowhere to stop.
I avoid Port Authority because I heard that lots of FHV drivers get ticketed there.

Peak Hours (according to Uber)
M-F 7am-10am and 4 pm - 7 pm
Sat/Sun 10am-5pm and 12am-3am

Thank you for this help!

MoYusufNYC

Bro this business dead. You were uberfooled. All 60k drivers are rats looking for that one slice cheese. The only thing left to do is have a full tank and drive around. Good luck and uber on

edi vargas

West end and broadway...mornings..you can catch old people trying to move around..dont listen to the nay sayers..do what you have to do..in this kind of industry you have to put in work. Do not do 3-4 hours and expect to make money..and good luck on ur goals.

Mr. Affinito

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
West end and broadway...mornings..you can catch old people trying to move around..dont listen to the nay sayers..do what you have to do..in this kind of industry you have to put in work. Do not do 3-4 hours and expect to make money..and good luck on ur goals.
I was activated on Tuesday afternoon, so I got my first passenger at 5:31 PM.

Tuesday: 4 total rides, 2 rides in the Bonus Hours

Wednesday: 12 total rides, 7 rides in the Bonus Hours

Tuesday (this morning): 5 total rides, 5 rides in the Bonus Hours

So in just 2 mornings and 3 evenings, I have completed 14 trips during the bonus hours, so maybe it’ll all work out. Is Penn Station a good spot?

So far, I’ve earned $255.00 (net)…. In 2 morning shifts and 2 evening shifts. Each shift = 3 hours, give or take.

NOTE: The 25 peak hour trips situation will begin next Monday, but I’m just practicing to develop a strategy this week. It begins the Monday following the day of activation. Looks like this might work!

The 12-3 AM and 10-5 shifts are your best bet for hitting the bonuses.
Sounds good. Is it very common for people to throw up in the car during those hours or is this an anomaly? I've been kind of scared of this situation!

cieru

I was activated on Tuesday afternoon, so I got my first passenger at 5:31 PM.

Tuesday: 4 total rides, 2 rides in the Bonus Hours

Wednesday: 12 total rides, 7 rides in the Bonus Hours

Tuesday (this morning): 5 total rides, 5 rides in the Bonus Hours

So in just 2 mornings and 3 evenings, I have completed 14 trips during the bonus hours, so maybe it’ll all work out. Is Penn Station a good spot?

So far, I’ve earned $255.00 (net)…. In 2 morning shifts and 2 evening shifts. Each shift = 3 hours, give or take.

NOTE: The 25 peak hour trips situation will begin next Monday, but I’m just practicing to develop a strategy this week. It begins the Monday following the day of activation. Looks like this might work!

Sounds good. Is it very common for people to throw up in the car during those hours or is this an anomaly? I've been kind of scared of this situation!
dont worry, uber will take care of u since ur new, they dont want u to get to many bonuses hence they will feed u

GlenGreezy

There is money. People who are complaining are typically folks who were doing it back when Uber paid you to NOT DRIVE.

Avoid renting a car. Buy a cheap one. Make $

Work hard and you will make $. These people cry too much.

Mr. Affinito

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just don't pick people who look sloppy drunk. 750 trips and so far so good.
Do you just drive away and leave them there looking stupid ? LOL

There is money. People who are complaining are typically folks who were doing it back when Uber paid you to NOT DRIVE.

Avoid renting a car. Buy a cheap one. Make $

Work hard and you will make $. These people cry too much.
Thanks Glen. Actually, after writing this post, I got activated on UberPool.... the following day, I did 18 rides! So, yeah, I'm seeing the UberPool thing as a pretty cool thing (for hitting my bonus requirements). I've driven like 30 hours so far this week and have earned $600 more or less. I'm just 4 rides away from getting the $1,500 bonus... seems too easy but I'm thankful.

simtex78

If I see someone can't stand up straight, I'm gone. Odds aren't in your favor there.
Dude, don't be so optimistic about this opportunity , I can beat that in 6 months you will be striking front Long Island office same like other drivers after realizing all income&expense...Good Luck !