1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Board Game

Discussion in 'Other' started by elelegido, Jan 7, 2017.

1. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

Back in 2003 a woman went on the Dragon's Den tv show to pitch her idea for a Taxi driver board game. The dragons all gave her a roasting and laughed her off, but she founded her company anyway and the game went on to become a bestseller.

I am going to launch an Uber driver board game. Players will move their car around the board and pick up fares, all the while dodging pukers, drunks, cops, parking tickets and weirdos. There will be bonus squares to represent things like surges or when a pax buys you a cheeseburger at the drive thru, and "gotcha" squares for things like Uber taking back your fare in a fare review or temporary deactivation after a rider complaint etc.

This will be a rewarding and fun game for all ages and will allow drivers to share the experience of rideshare with the whole family. I'm now in the bootstrap phase and am actively taking on board investors looking to earn big, life changing money from this product.

2. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

Don't forget the equivalent of "move back X squares," or other such time penalties due to the software glitches, and semi-AI, Bot-like administration!

3. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Don't forget to pass uber and collect $200.

ABC123DEF and circle1 like this.
  4. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    How about a random chance of Losing the game instantly, "You die in a fiery car crash"

or you got carjacked, you lose 10 turns.

I'd start off at uberX and gain the ability to buy nicer cars as well. I'd put car dealerships and if you land on one and have enough money you can buy a new car, otherwise you have to wait until your car explodes or gets impounded.

A rating slider bar, every event that happens you do makes you go up or down .10
    The scale will go 4.5 to 5.0
    You lose $100 every time you hit 4.5

And a spinner to determine if you lose or gain rating. Also "$500 fine" category where instead of whatever possible good thing just happened to you, you instead get a $500 fine from code enforcement/TLC instead of a rating.

Oh also a random chance of Uber "removing your car from Select/black"

Aztek98, circle1 and ABC123DEF like this.
  5. Lowestformofwit

Lowestformofwit Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Less 25%, of course? - no one gets any payment in full from Uber.
    Uber Board Game - your chance to live out that old adage:"The best throw of the dice is to throw them away".

6. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

Some good ideas. The idea does need to be spiced up - going round and round in circles all night actually could be a bit boring.

circle1 likes this.
  7. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

I like your idea. Don't forget to have a "tip" spot on the board. Landing on this spot awards you a tip card.... all are blank.

circle1 and Lowestformofwit like this.
  8. Aztek98

Aztek98 Well-Known Member

Have a "hot car girl hires you to drive for a night" space.