Uber Blue Light Sign Warning

SandyUber

Yes, I got a ticket for using the Blue Dashboard sign. The issue I have is that Uber sent me that sign. I asked them about it and they have played double down dumb.

Uber's polices that they do not cover parking tickets or moving violation tickets. This is a a non-moving statutory violation caused by their sign. I get that I have to pay that damn ticket but I am very angry that they will not put out a warning to their Florida drivers.

I have seen others driving with that sign after I got my ticket and after I reported it.

Such a turn off.

ElSapoLoco

Hello Sandy. Welcome to the board. Allow me to be the first to inform you of the fact that UBER cares absolutely nothing about you. Take their sign and toss it in your glovebox. The only time you need any sort of sign is at airports. Aside from that, you can drive around and make your money without giving them any free advertising.

SandyUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks so much for the response. Done already. But I can't stop being pissed about it.

And they are risking a class action suit. It is just a matter of time.

I tried Lyft. Not sure it was better.

Baron4266

Yes, I got a ticket for using the Blue Dashboard sign. The issue I have is that Uber sent me that sign. I asked them about it and they have played double down dumb.

Uber's polices that they do not cover parking tickets or moving violation tickets. This is a a non-moving statutory violation caused by their sign. I get that I have to pay that damn ticket but I am very angry that they will not put out a warning to their Florida drivers.

I have seen others driving with that sign after I got my ticket and after I reported it.

Such a turn off.
You got a ticket for being blue?

ElSapoLoco

I meant for having a blue light sign. Is there a law you cant have a blue light? Cna you use other color?
Red and/or blue lights of any kind on your vehicle is a no-no. Even back in the days of neon lights, those colors couldn’t be (legally) used.

SoFlaDriver

Red and/or blue lights of any kind on your vehicle is a no-no. Even back in the days of neon lights, those colors couldn’t be (legally) used.
I think you may have misspoken here. Red-colored lights are obviously okay on private cars; we all have them in the back.

ElSapoLoco

I think you may have misspoken here. Red-colored lights are obviously okay on private cars; we all have them in the back.
Remember those neon license plate frames from years back? I was in a car which had a red one and got pulled over. The officer asked the driver to remove it on the spot or be ticketed.

SoFlaDriver

Remember those neon license plate frames from years back? I was in a car which had a red one and got pulled over. The officer asked the driver to remove it on the spot or be ticketed.
You said red lights of any kind. Tail lights are obviously red.

SandyUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I meant for having a blue light sign. Is there a law you cant have a blue light? Cna you use other color?

I was being cheeky. Yes. Its a Statutory law. And ignorance of a law is no defense. The green beacon seems to be legit around town but I won't be using them either. Not required in Florida to use a sign other than inside the airport. So I won't be advertising for Uber unless I'm forced to.
Post automatically merged:

Quite right but I really didn't think about it being on my windshield brightly reading UBER. But I can't argue the logic of why they are not allowed. Uber knows this,

GreatOrchid

i sawr someone with one of those blue lights get ticket for picking up at terminal , uber must got them from some second hand place that knew was illegal for color blue on car uber didnt care its for screwed drivers a new screw haha

GreatOrchid

broward county needs the money for their pensions certainly

bety they all start giving out tickets its the stock sale got ya

soon will be freeze on drivers so we all make 17$ an hour instead of 7

uh wait they cant like my pic lol

command3r

I tried to warn two drivers about the blue Uber light, unfortunately they didn't speak English. Oh well, thoughts and prayers

SoFlaDriver

What kind of sign are you talking about???

It's obviously NOT an Uber Beacon, because the Beacon does not display blue or red.

Can you post a picture?
I suspect they're talking about after-market, non-official Uber beacons that you can order online.