• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber blew as much as $3.2 billion on advertising alone in 2018 on its way to one of the biggest US IPOs on record

SLuz

excerpt-
{Uber shelled out $3.2 billion on sales and marketing in 2018, 25% more than in 2017, the company reported in its filing. Competitor Lyft, which also recently went public, spent $800 million on sales and marketing in 2018.}

ANT 7

How much of that 3.2 billion was shuffled to their buddies, I wouldn’t be surprised if half or more was kicked back to Uber’s executives.
In Brasil at least 25% would have been "propina" to government officials...........

The whole article has left me speechless, I don't know what to say.

Kodyhead

the more you think of $3.2 billion the more you wonder how dara still has a job and how there literally is no internal oversight at all at Uber
Post automatically merged:

you really gotta wonder who got rich off that $3.2 billion
Uber was trying to rebrand itself and prepare for the ipo to the general public. The figure sounds high to me but I do remember seeing uber commercials all the time especially sports.

Too early to tell but seems like they wasted money so far

I_Like_Spam

The market is less than enthusiastic about Uber right now. Today's first day of trading for Uber options, an institution bought millions of dollars of january 2021 put options with a $25 strike price at $2.85. The stock would have to fall to 22 and change for the trade to be a good one.

uberdriverfornow

Uber was trying to rebrand itself and prepare for the ipo to the general public. The figure sounds high to me but I do remember seeing uber commercials all the time especially sports.

thats BILLION with a B

so basically they spent $3.2 billion to get back $9 billion .. you think that was wise ?

Kodyhead

thats BILLION with a B

so basically they spent $3.2 billion to get back $9 billion .. you think that was wise ?
They had to do something lol every week someone was getting raped, killed or shouldn't of been driving in the first place lol.

I dont think the figure is correct but there is no doubt that they have spent a ton of money since around the big announcement on advertising and trying to change their public image.