Uber Black?

haldriver

You mean buy a nice car to get x work.
Black was the Trojan horse to get people interested in Uber. Then x came along and Uber sent out the missive saying-
"We no longer need any more Uber Black as that market isn't growing but why not try doing X work instead. With surging X often makes more than Black and imagine the glee of you customer when they order an X and get a Black. This is not only great for you but great for Uber and will increase our market share even more."

Black now have to rely on X crap to make a living (great thing driving around kids who think privilege is their right).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why don't you just read what's already been posted about Uber black in the forum ?
Unfortunately a sign of the times.
Newbies (and even some active members)
1. Don't want to read existing posts
2. Dont want to do searches within the forum
3. Don't want to check the Uber web site
4. Don't want to do web searches
5. Don't add keywords to facilitate searches
6. Believe their new post has never been asked before. (I asked one newbie why he started a new thread when there was an existing lengthy one on the same page. He responded that he did not look but anyway the existing one was a week old and therefore not current)
7. Ask basic questions that are covered in the Uber presentations. Eg how do I know a pax rating at ping time or what does surge mean or what is a core area?
8. Expect this forum to answer a question that only Uber can answer. Eg when will UberEats start here or when will my paper work be approved or why was my rego form rejected?
9. Expect this forum to have a definitive answer to a legal/accounting question then want to argue. Eg GST or using taxi/bus lanes.
10. Have a particular concern but do not email Uber to get an answer. Eg Why I have not been paid yet?

PS yes agreed, there is already info on UberBlack for Perth.
Anyway- sorry and end of rant:rolleyes:
If only I'd thought of this beforehand! Oh, wait. I did. The search came up empty and only provided info regarding Uber Black for the US forums. But thanks so much for all your wisdom and insight into my question, It's really appreciated, and I feel like my question has definitely been answered...

UberDriverAU

I would only ever consider UberBlack if I already had a car that was eligible, I'd never go and buy a car specifically for it. You're far better off buying a $5K car for UberX than spending $50K on car for UberBlack, with the substantial risk your car could be ineligible for UberBlack within a year's time, and only eligible for UberX. Uber loves to shift the goalposts with no warning or regard for drivers. I believe Potsy had this experience, as have many others.

HumungousDill

If only I'd thought of this beforehand! Oh, wait. I did. The search came up empty and only provided info regarding Uber Black for the US forums. But thanks so much for all your wisdom and insight into my question, It's really appreciated, and I feel like my question has definitely been answered...
There may be no Uber black standalone threads on the Perth forum (it has a restricted membership and is a minority) but there are over 190 posts relating to Uber black. If you read these you would have had your question answered. Uber black is a bigger crock than Uber X
upload_2016-7-27_13-3-38.png

UberPig

I think people ask the question to get a personal form of reassurance.... If that makes sense... ???