Bestuberdriver

guys iam currently working as a driver for a limo company before this i was a regular uber driver making an avarage of 30hr with uber. Iam tired of wasting my time and i got bills to pay. How do i BECOME uber BLACK? these are the uber requirements !!!

Vehicle requirements

• Model Year: 2010 or newer
  • Limousine insurance with at least $1.5MM in coverage, with the driver's name on the insurance policy
  • Plates: New Jersey Limousine plates that meet UberBLACK criteria
  • Black exteriors in excellent condition
  • Black leather or vinyl interiors with no tears
  • Seats for at least 6 riders in addition to the driver (with seat belts for all)
  • No cosmetic damage or missing pieces
  • No commercial branding or taxi color paint jobs
  • No commercial branding or taxi color paint jobs
  • No large passenger vans or commercial/Heavy Duty trucks
My only issue is obtaining the Limo plates. can anyone instruct me in this matter.. thank you. Sorry for my English

Cane

Wow $30 an hour. I'd be happy to make $25 an hour. I'm averaging about $15 an hour it sucks driving lately for me. I know others have had better success but I just can't seem to develop a profitable route.

jerseyboys

Honestly, if you are going to go Black might well go all out and go SUV.

I would get it through NYC TLC. Much easier than getting limo plates in jersey. From what I been told.

Last edited:

Cane

On topic: Is there a specific make and model requirement for black. I have a 2016 Honda Accord Touring (Fully Equipped) in black with black leather seats. I guess I wouldn't qualify for black because of the seat requirement.

jerseyboys

On topic: Is there a specific make and model requirement for black. I have a 2016 Honda Accord Touring (Fully Equipped) in black with black leather seats. I guess I wouldn't qualify for black because of the seat requirement.

Nope. This model does not qualify for black. Think s-class, 7 series, and Lexus.

This is for NYC but jersey follows it. For most part.

Last edited:

Douglas

You need to check uber black vehicle list on the website. You need to have limousine plate, which is very difficult to obtain in NJ.

jerseyboys

Basically, you would need to set-up your own limo company. Then the town it's based in would need to give you a license. That's the problem. A lot of towns will not offer it to you. Based on the limitation.