Uber Black, uber select

miklans

Hi All,
I am new to the forum so be kind :smiles:

I have been driving uber for a while (1 year) and as as you all know the revenue is getting less by the day.
With changes to VH license plates (rumoured for oct), I was considering getting one (i.e if they become affordable )
The plan basically is to signup with one of the hire companies and do uber black and uber select to fill the gaps.
This is just a thought at this point and would like some advice from people who have experience driving for uber black and select.
is the money any better than uberX, I know the rates are higher but do you get enough jobs?
my experience with uberx has been close to 200 for a 6hr shift (thats after commission but b4 expenses)

I know hire cars charge ~80 per hr..

any advice will be appreciated

Thanks

Solarman

Do you have an appropriate black, silver or grey 4 door car, which qualifies for Black or Select?
Out of say 12 - 15 rides per day, I might get 2 Select jobs. Some of them are quite short and you will need to be prepared to drive a reasonable distance to collect some pax. Not terribly much call for Select.

Tom2828

What do you think,you are the only ant that think of it ?

It will be wild west soon. More hire cars, uber and taxi on the road.

Do you think you'll make more money?

ubermercury

You will enjoy $25 short trips unlike $5.26 UberX. Most of the jobs are pre arranged outside of UberBLACK though. And if you are living in Brighton or richtown, that would be plus. But nowadays AP pickup has gone.

Scary.

What do you think,you are the only ant that think of it ?

It will be wild west soon. More hire cars, uber and taxi on the road.

Do you think you'll make more money?

Scary.

Life may be changing for many of us.

yogi bear

Scary.

Scary.

Life may be changing for many of us.

Oh lordie, the lack of self awareness is strong in this one..

$525 taxi annual licences down from $25000, numbers are going to increase, taxi fares will drop, (see TSC link in other thread) uber rate will drop in reply, more cars chasing same amount of work, don't need a maths degree to see how it's all going to end for the common uber driver.

If OP had a brain cell he would go out and invest in a bit of earth moving gear to the value of a new luxury car and hire himself out with that for 60~100 an hour, uber is a mugs game best to be left to those with a sub average IQ

miklans

Hi All,

I have been driving uber for a while (1 year) and as as you all know the revenue is getting less by the day.
With changes to VH license plates (rumoured for oct), I was considering getting one (i.e if they become affordable )
The plan basically is to signup with one of the hire companies and do uber black and uber select to fill the gaps.
This is just a thought at this point and would like some advice from people who have experience driving for uber black and select.
is the money any better than uberX, I know the rates are higher but do you get enough jobs?
my experience with uberx has been close to 200 for a 6hr shift (thats after commission but b4 expenses)

Thanks
Thanks all for the responses.. I didnt expect it to be easy, hence why I am asking for advice..
From what I can see, driving for uber wont be worth it in a very short time..

Tiktak

Hi All,

Thanks
Let's get it right:
  1. Make sure you understand Uber reqs for both the services.
  2. Black is bound to sink like cabs. A service comes too expensive yet you still get an ex cabbie with crumpled suit borrowed from his father.
  3. UberX is still the most popular.
  4. $80/hr - keep dreaming.

george manousaridis

Here is something that people can look at.Tha past three days over weekend past how much i made,And didnt work Sunday.,and excuse my English it might be f.. s.... according to to some members here.One thing with me i post reality results and not hide behind avatars and think i know everything.,and post stupidity.

Exciting results if you put your mind to it,imagine if rates where higher,the money can be made but the car will fall aprt,lol,All UberX,didnt even try.So all ants at the airport are doing me a favor.So all you ants gathering at the airport can line up,while i line my bank acounts,circling around you.
Down below is a break down,examine,Results,And my Greek English is so bad i cant understand anything ,lol,go figure,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170911-180530.png
    Screenshot_20170911-180530.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 261
  • Screenshot_20170911-183214.png
    Screenshot_20170911-183214.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 246
  • Screenshot_20170911-183205.png
    Screenshot_20170911-183205.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Screenshot_20170911-183159.png
    Screenshot_20170911-183159.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

Kuno

I can see it’s been a while since any comments were posted here so am wondering what Uber Black might be like in Melbourne lately given any car can now be a hire car for $52.90 ( provided the car is within Ubers black guidelines )

Anyone doing it? What’s demand like? I would think it’s non existent as the type of person who would want a Black service would prebook with hire car companies. Anyone have any thoughts?

Jules66

In order to do black you still need to have VHA/B plates that are no longer issued. So at the momoment uber is not recruiting uber black, this was the information I was given a week or so ago.

george manousaridis

In order to do black you still need to have VHA/B plates that are no longer issued. So at the momoment uber is not recruiting uber black, this was the information I was given a week or so ago.
Not my own but for some one else,i alao was wanted to do a Cab silver service,knocked it on the head.

KoleosG

I am planning to start Uber boats servicing Torquay, ocean grove, geelong, St Kilda to portsea