• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber Black, is it worth it

UBERXHOUSTON

I have been driving Uber X for a while now, and I am thinking to invest in a Uber Black or Uber SUV Vehicle.
I would like to hear any feed back from anyone who has any knowledge on this subject.

KMANDERSON

I have been driving Uber X for a while now, and I am thinking to invest in a Uber Black or Uber SUV Vehicle.
I would like to hear any feed back from anyone who has any knowledge on this subject.
check out dallas they are trying to make them pick up uber x.so my answer is don't invest anything in uber.if you want drive for uber go to the junk yard and piece together a car cause that what uber worth

Old Rocker

Since you will need your limo license and commercial insurance, I'd say it 'might' be worthwhile but only if you didn't limit yourself to Uber. Hook up with a limo company as an IC, or drive independently. I don't know if this is feasible, I'm only speculating.

KMANDERSON

Since you will need your limo license and commercial insurance, I'd say it 'might' be worthwhile but only if you didn't limit yourself to Uber. Hook up with a limo company as an IC, or drive independently. I don't know if this is feasible, I'm only speculating.
as long is it not uber only

UBERXHOUSTON

It is my undestanding that the Maybach has been replaced with the Mercedes S Class Pullmann. Donald Trump just traded his Maybach for an S Class Pullman and I think he is
driving for UBER Black whenever he has time in beetween his campaign meetings and presentations.

sts713

I am a black/suv driver, luckily i have been able to secure a regular client and haven't driven uber since july 4th. Most of the requests are select. While black and suv requests do pay more there are not many requests. I don't recommend investing in a vehicle, insurance, licensing , unless you have some steady clients first. I would try driving for a limo company and trying that out.

UBERXHOUSTON

Thanks, I appreciate the info. I noticed that Black Car/Suv drivers wait long periods of time
to get a request a the Airport.