Uber Black drivers - how are things for you all?

JohnnyDee

Been reading the forum for a long time, and thank many for the information that is shared.

Have not been reading anything from the Uber Black drivers (for a long time)

How are things going for you all?

Are you facing the same issues that Uber drivers face?

Thank you in advance if sharing your experiences with us all.

LevelX

Rates for the black drivers are a lot better than UberX, so those guys are ok in that department. Looking at the pax app, there are a few cars still on the road etc, no where near the levels of UberX.

UberBlack drivers normally have other lines of getting jobs, I guess they go 'online' for Uber when they have dead time or dead kms heading back home to see if they can pick up some jobs etc.

joffie

I noticed on the PAX app lots more UBER X than a few months ago.
Then again, their rates are higher cause they must be VHA/B/C $40K licence + nicer car.

One time I picked up a Black driver lol and he was showing me how much he makes. He gets lots of non uber Clients though.

LevelX

One time I picked up a Black driver lol and he was showing me how much he makes. He gets lots of non uber Clients though.
Correct. UberBlack drivers don't use Uber as their primary source of income. They are mostly pre booked through other places etc. UberBlack jobs are second fiddle, just filling in dead time after a job.

their rates are higher cause they must be VHA/B/C $40K licence + nicer car.
Yeah its like driving on a 2.4x surge all the time :wink:

Tom2828

But they get only half cause they need to give half to the car owner or to invest around 100k on car & license

Tom2828

You're thinking Taxis Tom...... VHA cars are a different thing again. Most are owner/drivers.
No, most owners has drivers on the time they don't drive the car...

Uber black is very quiet and hard to make money if u drive only black (as said they manly live from airport booking).

I was picked up twice with uber black car as uberx rider. I thought I confused and book bpack but the driver told me he has uberx account because sometimes it's too quite on black

eXperiment

all those times I stood at the bottom of the Qantas Domestic escalators, with and without the client name cards, like a 'clown in a suit' - more like a caged rat (see avatar) - my feet are still suffering 15 years later.

waited once at the domestic baggage carousel for a full hour, just so happened it was the only free hour I had in what was otherwise a very long and record breaking Saturday. Can you imagine 0800 first job and 2200 last job, back to back to and from airport no empty trips? I carved up the roads of beautiful Melbourne that day! I was looking forward to that one hour free time after a St Vincent Place drop-off, and going to Laurent on Bridport for a gourmet baguette and a decent flat white. Instead I probably ended up later buying a disgusting Airport Hudson's take away latte after an Airport Macca's meal. Those horrible Airport coffees never really did agree with me.

For one of the bigger hire car companies (clue is the kaki coloured pants), I would somehow be always stuck doing the dreaded Emirates early morning arrivals bookings, yes bloody international flights are the worst - of course delays are too bad too sad, for the driver that is.

I detest the airport to this day .

Tim In Cleveland

I noticed on the PAX app lots more UBER X than a few months ago.
That's because Uber now shows XL and Select as X also, then floods these drivers with X requests even though they have said they will NEVER accept a non-surge x fare. The harassment from Uber never ends. It just gets worse.

LevelX

That's because Uber now shows XL and Select as X also, then floods these drivers with X requests even though they have said they will NEVER accept a non-surge x fare. The harassment from Uber never ends. It just gets worse.
yeah not in Melbourne, Australia Tim..... We only have UberX or UberBlack.

EthanBlack

Been reading the forum for a long time, and thank many for the information that is shared.

Have not been reading anything from the Uber Black drivers (for a long time)

How are things going for you all?

Are you facing the same issues that Uber drivers face?

Thank you in advance if sharing your experiences with us all.
Hi everyone,
I'm an uber Black driver owner and I only drive with uber platform. Started with uber x about two years ago and then invested for a black uber after eight months. Back then it was possible to acquire the svc licence which costs only $3000. So I bought an E class Mercedes and started to drive. It was a bit disappointing at first but I've learned how to work as a Black uber which is a bit different. I mean about waiting in the right spots at the right time. It has improved but still it's much quieter than uber x. But as you all know we get better fares. Nowadays you need to invest in vha b c licence which costs $40000. The only difference between two is I can't pickup from the airport.
We share the same issues as uber x drivers. Maybe less drunk passengers, More families and business trips. But I have a big issue and it is the uber x passengers that request uber Black by mistake and it causes lots of cancellations.
Ask me anything and I will try to answer soon.
Cheers

Punkdriver

Hi everyone,
I'm an uber Black driver owner and I only drive with uber platform. Started with uber x about two years ago and then invested for a black uber after eight months. Back then it was possible to acquire the svc licence which costs only $3000. So I bought an E class Mercedes and started to drive. It was a bit disappointing at first but I've learned how to work as a Black uber which is a bit different. I mean about waiting in the right spots at the right time. It has improved but still it's much quieter than uber x. But as you all know we get better fares. Nowadays you need to invest in vha b c licence which costs $40000. The only difference between two is I can't pickup from the airport.
We share the same issues as uber x drivers. Maybe less drunk passengers, More families and business trips. But I have a big issue and it is the uber x passengers that request uber Black by mistake and it causes lots of cancellations.
Ask me anything and I will try to answer soon.
Cheers
What's svc LICENCE? We can't get this licence anymore for $3000? VHA & B licence fee of $40k is per year fee or it's cost to buy the licence for lifetime?

EthanBlack

Svc licence is tours and wedding licence.it has the same criteria as vha/b/c. Uber wont accept the svc licence anymore.

LevelX

You don't need this license to drive Uber black. Hire car license is enough
Hire car = $40k

SVC = $3k, but can't pickup from airport.

Uber used to take SVC for UberBlack but not any more.

At the time, I know which one I would have taken