Uber Black and SUV

Casuale Haberdasher

I own a GMC Acadia and am interested in only taking Select, Black and SUV fares. How can I do this?
POST # 1/carchey: "Ahoy!" & Welcome
to UP.Net/Forums from
86°F/31%RH, breezy, 100% Sunshine
approaching Sunset, in Marco Island
on Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

I heartily recommend READING....BOTH
Intensively AND Extensively from the
Approaching ONE MILLION Messages
compiled from Nearly 50,000 Members,
on SIX Continents, over the last 727 Days.
Start with "Seattle" and "Licensed" Forums.
This is a SEARCHABLE Database. Don't
expect to be spoonfed.

Mentoring Bison: Schoolin' NUberers.

rtaatl

It's not going to work out with that Acadia...limo companies are very traditional. Black and SUV is about more than just the vehicle, but also insurance and licensure. Really it's what Uber should go back to.

(At least you didn't ask if a Honda Pilot qualifies. There seems to be a new obsession with them and some people trying to do livery service)

Drive2bFree

I have a GL Class mercedes. Same size as your Acadia, 3 rows of seats, right? I've done Uber, Gett and even Via and the number of seats are more important than trunk space. All 3 companies consider 3 rows as a large suv and pay accordingly

Uber will probably use your vehicle for XL, SUV and I think Black also. They will force you to take UberX jobs if not grandfathered in. But if you know somebody who is, you can avoid UberX by putting your vehicle under that person's Uber account. There are ads online where people offer that for a price.

As long as you're not concerned with working at a traditional base and getting those suv jobs, you'll be ahead. Better gas mileage than 8 cylinders. Ignore the haters.

20yearsdriving

I have a GL Class mercedes. Same size as your Acadia, 3 rows of seats, right? I've done Uber, Gett and even Via and the number of seats are more important than trunk space. All 3 companies consider 3 rows as a large suv and pay accordingly

Uber will probably use your vehicle for XL, SUV and I think Black also. They will force you to take UberX jobs if not grandfathered in. But if you know somebody who is, you can avoid UberX by putting your vehicle under that person's Uber account. There are ads online where people offer that for a price.

As long as you're not concerned with working at a traditional base and getting those suv jobs, you'll be ahead. Better gas mileage than 8 cylinders. Ignore the haters.
Unless you fit 7 with luggage ..... It's not a SUV
if you drive X ...... It's not a SUV

Drive2bFree

With all due respect to 20yearsdriving, it sounds like the OP isn't interested in driving for a limo company, but for app-based companies. I gave 3 examples of companies that will pay you suv rates for a seven seater suv. This morning I was earning $45 dollars an hour with my not quite suv. If I worked all day, I would bring in over $500.

Even traditional limo companies will use these mid size vehicles when all full size vehicles are taken.

My GL-Class does SUV jobs with 4 passengers and a lot of luggage or big studio equipment cases and it gets suv rate in snowstorms.

I work for a limo company and my next vehicle will be a full-sized suv, but don't think you can't earn suv rates with an Acadia. Remember Suburbans do many sedan jobs at their limo companies too.

rtaatl

With all due respect to 20yearsdriving, it sounds like the OP isn't interested in driving for a limo company, but for app-based companies. I gave 3 examples of companies that will pay you suv rates for a seven seater suv. This morning I was earning $45 dollars an hour with my not quite suv. If I worked all day, I would bring in over $500.

Even traditional limo companies will use these mid size vehicles when all full size vehicles are taken.

My GL-Class does SUV jobs with 4 passengers and a lot of luggage or big studio equipment cases and it gets suv rate in snowstorms.

I work for a limo company and my next vehicle will be a full-sized suv, but don't think you can't earn suv rates with an Acadia. Remember Suburbans do many sedan jobs at their limo companies too.
Maybe the OP isn't interested, but we are just clearing up the stipulations for Black and SUV require to either work for a limousine carrier or be one yourself. It's not just based on the vehicle and color, but licensure and insurance.

picknyourseat

Maybe the OP isn't interested, but we are just clearing up the stipulations for Black and SUV require to either work for a limousine carrier or be one yourself. It's not just based on the vehicle and color, but licensure and insurance.
Unfortunately, I do not think that this applies to a market such as Miami anymore. They are charging the "booking fee" even on SUV rides.

I believe this is where the Phoenix market is headed as well.

The roads will absolutely be saturated with soccer moms in Escalades trying to pay for their spa treatments!

rtaatl

Unfortunately, I do not think that this applies to a market such as Miami anymore. They are charging the "booking fee" even on SUV rides.

I believe this is where the Phoenix market is headed as well.

The roads will absolutely be saturated with soccer moms in Escalades trying to pay for their spa treatments!
I thought Miami didn't have uberblack at all...just X,XL, and Select. You might just have people tearing up their nice rides for little money.

picknyourseat

I thought Miami didn't have uberblack at all...just X,XL, and Select. You might just have people tearing up their nice rides for little money.
Miami has Lux, which looks like a combined Select/Black and Lux SUV in addition to X and XL.

This configuration of service fits the Uber business model of collecting the "booking fee" on as many rides as possible!