• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber beta testing in app tip option?

qster

An uber driver told me that he took a uber in Atlanta and after the ride he saw the a tip option in the uber rider app. Has anyone else seen or about this?

CommanderXL

An uber driver told me that he took a uber in Atlanta and after the ride he saw the a tip option in the uber rider app. Has anyone else seen or about this?
Would you like to buy the Skyway Bridge? I'll sell it to you ... cheap! Lol

Just kidding! Wouldn't that be nice?! I hope it's true!

Luberon

At this point I will hate for Uber to have a tip option because it could be a death knell for Lyft

qster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
At this point I will hate for Uber to have a tip option because it could be a death knell for Lyft
In the Tampa Bay market, Lyft is not nearly as popular as Uber.

Last edited:

DasTiger

They've probably had this tip option for months. They just keep the tips for Uber office parties and have no plans on ever telling us about it..... hahahahaha.

negeorgia

No, mid-Oct, and zero tips on my Uber payment statements for Atlanta or Athens driving.

wethepeople

I rather like cash tips instead waiting till the next day to see if I was tipped or not.
I hope they never add a tip button.
I was usually giving maximum of 4 stars to pax with no tip.
Since I learned only Lyft never connects to same pax at 3 or less stars I now give Uber pax only 1 star if there was no tip.

unless it was a surge

Lando74

He probably says he "googled" something on Bing. When he drinks Pepsi he says he had a Coke. He buys Puff tissues and says "hand me a Kleenex."

I'm betting he "Uber'd" on Lyft and saw the tip option.

Joe Hehir

There is a Tip option on the Uber Ap. It's for Cabs that are using the ap. I have had several pax tell me they have added a tip for me The last time, I went into the Ap with the pax to check it out. Check it our for yourselves.

Lando74

There is a Tip option on the Uber Ap. It's for Cabs that are using the ap. I have had several pax tell me they have added a tip for me The last time, I went into the Ap with the pax to check it out. Check it our for yourselves.
Except this pax said he tipped on a trip in Atlanta - there's no UberTaxi there.